+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

I think it backfired. I obviously don't know what he meant by saying that. I assume he didn't mean it since he didn't act as a devastated person would act. It almost seemed as if he was thinking, "I'm bummed I didn't get the response I wanted so I will try a different approach tomorrow." He's "the cat." And I think he is trying to "catch the mouse" in a variety of ways. One of the oldest tricks in the book (of manipulation) is to try and make people feel badly or guilty for not giving you what you want. Not to mention the "L" word usually makes women love crazy. Most would feel like a jerk for turning someone down after a confession of love. Unfortunately for Ty, Emily is quite comfortable playing the role of the jerk. [/amateur psychological evaluation]

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

This season sucks. No one is interesting....I could care less about any of them...except maybe Callie. I felt bad for her that Emily (etc) was giving her such a hard time for calling her ex. Shesh...worry about your own life woman!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I cannot decide if Andrew is really a virgin or if he is lying.

I mean, yes he looks hopeless in the sex-department, but can someone be so hopeless AND try so hard? Surely some chick would have given in!

AND nerds are good in bed so he should have mad skills.

Contrary to most here, I actually like Emily. I admire her independence and her beliefs about not letting yourself be defined by a man. I think she has been pretty clear that she does not want a commitment- Ty is a big boy, he isn't some helpless victim under her spell, he made his own choices just like she did. And I do think he is trying to control her, she just isn't allowing that to happen. Just because a woman has sex without commitment doesn't mean they are a jerk. I think its easy to understand why Emily is afraid of commitment with her background of growing up in a cult-like environment- for her, letting anyone control her probably brings her back to all of that and she doesn't want that. I like her!!

Love Andrew, I think he is funny and I hope he is getting lucky.

Josh is an idiot to cheat like that- totally self-sabotaged.

I thought Erika's song was great! I would like to hear the whole thing.

FORT Fogey

It's easy to understand why Emily feels the way she does, but it's also not an excuse to hurt people. She knew that sleeping with Ty would make things complicated, she knew what he wanted, she did it anyway. It's not unreasonable for him to feel that she duped him.

Not only that, she continues to allow him to make himself vulnerable to her, she continues to talk to him about emotions and stuff and build more of a connection. It's unfair - it's not a woman vs. man thing, it's not a judging someone for casual sex thing, it's a responsibility thing.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I don't like or dislike Emily and I'm not judging her on what she's doing with Ty....but what I don't like, is that she made such a big deal out of Callie calling her ex. It was WAY over the top!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3813045;
    I don't like or dislike Emily and I'm not judging her on what she's doing with Ty....but what I don't like, is that she made such a big deal out of Callie calling her ex. It was WAY over the top!
    Maybe she took it too far but I think she was trying to help Callie, who said herself she has a pattern of liking guys who are jerks to her- I think Emily was trying to show her she deserves better than that, and to stand on her own. I know she ended up offending Callie but I think her motive was to help. I don't think she is setting out to purposefully hurt people- either Callie or Ty

p.s. HI Juls! nice avatar! TAR 16 soon yay!

i do see Callie's point when she was talking to Emily about Emily yelling at her. Or at least I thought this was Callie's point.

Emily was intent to force Callie to handle the situation the way Emily would, and when Callie didn't, Emily thought less of her. Callie was pointing out that sorta sucks.

Also, Callie was pointing out that Emily had boy behaviors that Callie did not agree with, but that Callie butted out AND she didn't look down on or belittle Emily for her behaviors.

That being said, Callie should be more chill about boys. no calling the ex. no hunting the kind straggler. no judging herself on how she perceives that random boys see her. it only leads to disaster. but how do you get a young woman to trust that it will be ok?

FORT Fanatic

This season has been a snooze for me. My daughters go to SHSU with Callie, they don't know her personally, but no one on campus is even into the season.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Emily has major issues with intimacy, which she's couching in a faux-feminist frame of "independence." I think she's cruel.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread