+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3796431;
    i am beginning to hate the real world. where do they find these self-hating black men all the time?????
    Please elaborate. Seems like he is over-confident to me. But I would like to know why you would call him self-hating.

I think Emily likes to use people to make herself feel better. She seeks attention by causing a mess and then playing the victim. And because Ty is already such a jerk, everyone wants to side with Emily. She obviously wants Ty to like her and is playing games with him to make him jealous and to make him look like a fool (he doesn't need help looking like a fool, Emily). She has a very hungry ego and Ty's been feeding it. If you are going to hook up with a roommate, rule number 1 is that you can't hook up with random people in front of him.

Ty is certainly not innocent. Ty was obviously still in love with his ex at the beginning of the episode and then he messed things up and tried to act like Emily was someone special to him. She was his second (or maybe even third choice). He is only looking out for himself. You could tell that by the way he was trying to "patch things up" with Emily toward the end of the show.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I think I would like both Erika and Josh (....and yes, I had to look up their names) but they NEVER show them! We got a little bit of them last night. Instead we're stuck with Ashley, Emily and Ty. Oh joy. But I do like Callie....I think she's absolutely adorable. Definitely the cutest of the girls...I wish she knew it.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Are we watching the same show? Who are you talking about? Erika and who? lol! But that is what I was thinking when I first read that! "Who are they?" That is why I don't like the 8 roommates casting. Too many people. Someone is always left out of the story line.

I felt like this whole episode was the Emily and Ty show, with just a pinch of added Callie. I was bored.
    I would really prefer to see more of Erika and Josh.

FORT Fogey

I like Erika and Josh (thank you JustJuls!) a lot, but maybe that's because we haven't seen much of them yet?? They seem like normal people. Mike does too, and we've seen less of him lately. I think we saw a lot of him at the beginning because there was something interesting about him that was unique and could be exploited for storyline.

I do like all eight castmembers but they aren't really making entertaining television. I still watch and I'm not entirely bored to death but so far it just doesn't seem like this cast has alot of chemistry. Which is strange because I think individually each person seems interesting and worthy of being on the show, but when they are together it's just not as captivating as it has been for me with past seasons and casts. I'll keep watching though, I've watched from the very beginning and didn't give up on the show during seasons like Denver so I guess I'd say I'm in it for the long haul, lol.

It seems that nobody cares about this show anymore as there hasn't been a post in almost 2 weeks. I just want to say that I started out the season liking Emily, but now she is really annoying to me. She tries to hard to be independent in my opinion. Also we finally got to see the Josh guy, at least I think that's his name, and he proved to be a complete moron. He was yelling at his girlfriend when he "heard" she cheated and then expected her to understand when he did the same thing. What a hypocrite.

i tried to watch last night. fell asleep. this season has been pretty *yawn* so far. i don't like emily or ty (is emily the one sleeping w him?)

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorBob14;3811581;
    It seems that nobody cares about this show anymore as there hasn't been a post in almost 2 weeks. I just want to say that I started out the season liking Emily, but now she is really annoying to me. She tries to hard to be independent in my opinion. Also we finally got to see the Josh guy, at least I think that's his name, and he proved to be a complete moron. He was yelling at his girlfriend when he "heard" she cheated and then expected her to understand when he did the same thing. What a hypocrite.

FORT Fogey

Josh is gross. Everything about him is just gross! What a jerk. I wonder how his girlfriend found out. If I were one of the roommates, I would have told her what Josh was up to myself! I hate guys like this!

The more I watch the show, the more I dislike Emily. I don't think she is independent because she seems to feed off of attention from Ty. If she really does not want a relationship with him, she should have made that clear a long time ago (like when he broke things off with his ex for good). A caring individual would not play with another's emotions like that. Ty looks like a chump. He lets her spit in his face and mess around with other guys in front of her and he just sulks about it. He told Emily he loved her and I thought it was another one of his means of control. It doesn't seem like their relationship is one that includes love (based on what they've shown). I think he just said that in an attempt to keep Emily in his back pocket. But Emily likes to do the controlling so it didn't work.

FORT Fogey

If he was trying to control her, he wouldn't have made himself so vulnerable, thus giving her all the control.

+ Reply to Thread