+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Ugh...I hate that. Everything is essential to the plot Hello the REAL world! Thanks for the tip!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

I have never ever watched TRW before. Last week I was watching some other show and left the TV on when it ended and ended up getting caught up in the first episode of this season. Like I really need another show to watch!!

I'm still not sure how I feel about Andrew, but I felt bad for Callie when he kept pushing for something to happen between them. It seemed really uncomfortable. On the other hand, she certainly did not have any reason to get annoyed when he brought another woman to the house. She made it sound like if he really liked her then he should have committed to pursuing her longer, but she seemed pretty clear earlier that it wouldn't have made a difference. Also, I could see the panda hat being a little cute/quirky in the house but (a) he should never ever wear the panda hat outside of the house and (b) when everyone else was in his closet it looked like he had an entire zoo of animal hats in there!!!

I think my fav girl so far is Ashley, but I feel like one of these days she's going to get on her high horse and change my mind. I think my fav guy might be Josh, but they haven't shown him enough for me to decide for certain.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 01-08-2010 at 05:14 PM.

FORT Fogey

And to get things back on topic ... Is anyone happy with the cast this year? I am not particularly.
    Last edited by The Mod Team; 01-08-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3790040;
    And to get things back on topic ... Is anyone happy with the cast this year? I am not particularly.
    I'm not disappointed, but I have nothing to compare them to since I haven't watched previously. The thing that drew me in was that most of them seemed to have a modicum of intelligence. I expected everyone to be completely vapid, so I went in with extraordinarily low expectations!!

However, if they keep choosing to make out with whoever seems to be closest, my opinion will be diminishing quickly...

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3790040;
    Yea, I have yet to find that one cast member that I would want to hang out with in real life. Noone from the Cancun cast was interesting either.
    The chick whos overly liberal irritates the hell out of me. She just personifies the "elite liberal' attitude that I can not stand. This is what I believe in, this is what is right and if you dont agree, youre wrong...

Since Emily is on 20, do they not allow her to drink? She seemed to be drunk in a couple of the episodes.

FORT Fogey

Ashley's attitude isn't specific to liberals, though. I've met plenty of conservatives who are the same way. I think it's an extremist thing, if you're extremely one way then you end up with that attitude.

I'm sure Emily drinks plenty, they just don't show her actually drinking.

I love Andrew Panda Man, I think he is hilarious. everyone else is pretty boring though

FORT Fogey

I really don't like Ty, but Emily spit on him for absolutely no reason. He lets her hit him in the stomach and then she spits in his face? That is really disgusting. The more I see Ty in action, the more it becomes clear to me that he is a really manipulative controlling guy.
    Ty's opinion about Callie's body is ridiculous. I don't read playboy but I did watch The Girls Next Door and Callie's body is the closest to what the women on that show looked like. Ty is busy drooling over Emily who isn't very attractive at all. He needs a reality check. Callie is the prettiest girl in the house and she is shapely.

i am beginning to hate the real world. where do they find these self-hating black men all the time?????

FORT Fogey

Ty bothers me, but Emily bothers me more. She knew he was making himself vulnerable to her, she knew he wanted a relationship when she slept with him, she knew all about it, and did it anyway. That makes her responsible for the mess she's in, as well as Ty. And to spit on his face??? And then to say afterwards that "it wasn't out of disrespect, it was out of being 'physically held down with no way to get up'" as if she was a victim? No, I'm sorry that just doesn't fly with me. It seems to me she's using her past as an excuse to get what she wants from people and not have to give any of herself. Then when people don't go along with it, she paints herself as a victim and gets away with it, maybe because she's a girl?

That being said, Ty deserved a conversation with her, but he needed to leave it for the night. Clearly she was drunk and irrational, and clearly she wanted him out of her bed. The way he talks to people is entirely ineffective. Instead of saying "shut up" he could have just said, "hey, look at me."

Callie breaks my heart. She's definitely prettier than Ashley and Emily, and on the same level as the other girl, but she just can't see it. What Ty said to her was disgusting. Why would you say that? I'm all for honesty, but no one asked him for his opinion. She has a great figure, and a cute little face. Girl needs a hug.

Ashley bothers me. A lot. So does Emily. I like Callie and the other girl a lot though (I can't remember her name!), and I like Mike and Andrew a lot. I wish we saw more of the other boy.

+ Reply to Thread