+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

FORT Fogey

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3782647;
    Is his name Andrew? Well, he is attention-seeking in an annoying ans careless manner. I am not a fan. Ty attacked Mike during a nice dinner the roommates had on the very first night. He was offensive when stating his opinion, refused to stop shoving his opinion down everyone's throat, and demanded Mike declare that "God does not exist!" Ty needs Jesus.
    I don't understand. Ty's had Jesus and he didn't like it. He was absolutely wrong in trying to get Mike to say that God didn't exist, but it's not wrong to challenge someone's belief. I also heard him state very, very clearly that he was very grateful for what christianity had done for him.... so I believe that he was not trying to be offensive, but was anyway.

However, Jesus is not the answer for everyone. I've met plenty of rude and attacking people who "have Jesus."

FORT Fogey

Thanks buttahfly, I was wondering the same thing.

Ty was absolutely wrong in his behavior (which, btw, I stated several times) but it wasn't abusive by any means. Do you know what abusive means? Because it's not the same as being rude or offensive - you have to have a relationship with the person you're "abusing" and the whole point was that Ty and Mike just didn't know each other well enough for that serious of a discussion.

I don't think it's bad to challenge someone's beliefs in a respectful, open-minded manner.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3787725;
    Thanks buttahfly, I was wondering the same thing.

Ty was absolutely wrong in his behavior (which, btw, I stated several times) but it wasn't abusive by any means. Do you know what abusive means? Because it's not the same as being rude or offensive - you have to have a relationship with the person you're "abusing" and the whole point was that Ty and Mike just didn't know each other well enough for that serious of a discussion.

I don't think it's bad to challenge someone's beliefs in a respectful, open-minded manner.
    "Needs Jesus" when used by a younger person generally means "needs help." It doesn't mean he actually needs to be baptized in a serious religious way. Have you never heard it used this way before? I don't really hear anyone use it to suggest embracing God ever really...

Abusive and offensive are, like, synonyms. I could check definitions. I am pretty sure they mean the same thing. So if Ty's actions were offensive, then they were abusive, yes? You don't have to know someone well to be abused by them. You just have to come in close enough contact for them to be able to mistreat you. I think you might be confusing the general term "abuse" for something more specific, like "relationship abuse." Not the same. The only relationship you must have in an abusive situation is the abuser and the abused. Nothing more is needed. It's all words anyway.

Religion and politics are two subjects you should never talk about with people you don't know. If you do know them and know their beliefs, you still shouldn't talk about them if you don't feel the same way. It's an instant argument!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Lets talk about the show, eh?

I actually warmed up to Andrew a bit this episode. I felt bad for the guy that he didn't "get some" I think Callie (is that her name?) is adorable. So far...my favorite girl. I see Ty and Emily being quite a dramatic pairing.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Does the littel blonde have a crush on Andrew? She appeared to be very jealous when he brought the woman home with him. Side note: That woman looked like she was in her late 30's didn't she?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3788325;
    Does the littel blonde have a crush on Andrew? She appeared to be very jealous when he brought the woman home with him. Side note: That woman looked like she was in her late 30's didn't she?
    Ya, Callie did look "a bit" jealous but at the same time she does not want to hook up with him (as she said herself). AND yes, that girl Andrew brought home looked older, much older....or she has had too much sun.

Andrew and those hats.

WHAT IS THEIR JOB GOING TO BE????
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I don't think they always do jobs. Sometimes they just let them do their own thing. I think the jobs are just cross promotion now. They aren't really central to the show like they used to be.
    I don't know about Callie and Andrew. Sometimes you don't want someone but you do want their attention. Callie did hookup with Ty in the beginning and Andrew is really different from Ty. I don't know. Maybe she likes a variety of types. Andrew hooked up with a busted version of Callie. I thought I would just point that out.

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

I think she looked older also because Andrew looks like he could be 15.

But Whoa...I don't remember Callie hooking up with Ty? Did she just kiss him once or something? So don't remember that and that was just last week
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

The Ty-Callie hookup was mentioned on the after show. I think it was shown on the dailies as well. I don't know the extent of things because I don't watch the dailies on MTV's website. It is part of the reason she wanted to switch rooms. He was a jerk to her apparently. It wasn't on the show though. Perhaps it wasn't essential to the plot.

+ Reply to Thread