+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

So the Ashley chic says she is from Fort Bragg, CA. This is where I live.....SMALL town....everyone knows everyone and if you don't...someone you know does. And no one I have talked to has heard of her. Very weird.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Hey all! Excited for this new season of RW! DC has always been on my shortlist of locations that the show should use.

Juls, Ashley did mention that she moved out of her Cali home to go to Texas to live with her now ex-boyfriend. So that might possibly be the reason why you don't know who she is.

I liked the premiere. I can't believe there's this much drama in the very first episode! I agreed with Mike, when he said that he and Ty were not at a point where he could say comments like that to him. They were downright offensive. After the really boring trailer, I now have high hopes for this season.

Andrew is funny, but he feels forced at times. I don't like that. I'm thinking that I'll look to Ashley to provide some entertainment. She looks to be one of the more outspoken ones of the group. My early favorite? I don't really have one, but at this point, I think I have to go with Emily.

Season 24's location has supposedly been leaked to be
    Click to see Spoiler:
    New Orleans, for the second time after S9
    . I don't really consider that a spoiler, but I tagged in cause you never know. Thoughts?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I love NO & am watching a movie about it as we speak. I really enjoy seeing places I know.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3781541;
    Juls, Ashley did mention that she moved out of her Cali home to go to Texas to live with her now ex-boyfriend. So that might possibly be the reason why you don't know who she is.
    But if she had grown up here like she said...someone would know her. The buzz on my facebook friends is that NO ONE does. And its a super small town. I just find it strange.

FORT Fogey

If I were in the Real World House, I would fight Ty for what he said. Not because of his beliefs but because he is a jerk. He's a huge jerk! And the guy who lies a lot is even worse! I hate people who are attention-seeking and do whatever it takes to get that attention! I am not happy with this cast.

FORT Fogey

Which guy lies a lot? If you mean Andrew, I think he's just trying to be funny.... he doesn't expect people to believe him.

I think Ty was wrong to attack Mike the way he did, but I also think it's unfair of the Obama girl (Ashley?) to say that Ty can't say that he doesn't believe God exists. She's asking him to respect her beliefs but not respecting his. On the other hand, he wasn't saying it was his belief, he was stating it as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3782624;
    Which guy lies a lot? If you mean Andrew, I think he's just trying to be funny.... he doesn't expect people to believe him.

I think Ty was wrong to attack Mike the way he did, but I also think it's unfair of the Obama girl (Ashley?) to say that Ty can't say that he doesn't believe God exists. She's asking him to respect her beliefs but not respecting his. On the other hand, he wasn't saying it was his belief, he was stating it as fact.
    This Ashley chick really rubs me the wrong way. When she outright dismissed (and dissed) Callie because the girl isn't sure about her political beliefs I was shocked...could we be any more childish? I would much rather have someone admit that they aren't entirely sure where they stand than say they believe something just to be part of a group. Plus, many people are becoming moderates or Libertarians these days (nice options as many of the republicans and democrats seem to be going off the deep end) and there is nothing wrong with not adhering to the traditional two-party system.

And, in case Ashley didn't notice, Mike and Ty were having a two-person discussion at dinner...and it seems that they are big boys who can speak for themselves. I understand that she wants to defend her beliefs, but could she be any more condescending and uptight? Telling Ty that he can't say specific things around her or challenge her beliefs with questions is pretty silly...& following the Christianity speech with a declaration that he [Ty] is no longer worth her time isn't exactly a good representation of Christianity.

So, not only did she jump in at the restaurant, she eavesdropped on their private conversation they had later at the house (and then proceeded to invite herself into the discussion again) and told Ty he wasn't worth her time. Couple that with the fact that she judges people because they like Reagan (guessing she hates a good chunk of the population?) and (read between the lines) aren't "liberal" and we have another self-righteous know-it-all. ERRRR.

Ashley totally reminds me of Johanna. Looks wise. She is super nosey.
    Andrew is a total dork, not even in a cute way. So annoying.
    Funny how after all these years it's always the same with the same arguments.
    We'll see if I can make it through the entire season or not. I think the last one I saw all of them was Brooklyn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3782624;

Is his name Andrew? Well, he is attention-seeking in an annoying ans careless manner. I am not a fan. Ty attacked Mike during a nice dinner the roommates had on the very first night. He was offensive when stating his opinion, refused to stop shoving his opinion down everyone's throat, and demanded Mike declare that "God does not exist!" Ty needs Jesus.

I can't imagine why they picked Andrew. I couldn't handle him for one episode let alone the entire season.

+ Reply to Thread