+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Real World: Washington D.C.

FORT Fanatic

Re: The Real World: Washington D.C.

Thank god that season is over. From start to finish it was just terrible. I started to watch the Reunion and then realized nothing interesting was coming from it and shut it off. The first 10 mins watching Erika being ignored and trying to make herself a part of it just reminded me how much she sucked.
    The one good thing that I took away from the season was how Mike came to grips with his sexuality. I thought it was annoying early on how he claimed to be "Bi" but you could see how he finally came to terms with it. I do think that too many of the episodes were commercials for Gay Rights and as someone who doesnt put on the RW to watch that, found it uninteresting. Im all for gay rights and stuff but there is a time and place for it and spending whole episodes of the RW on it isnt the place.
    Andrew is a creep. I dont get how the girls put up with him looking in the showers and stuff. He acts like a 15 year old. Its a naked girl, grow up dude.
    I really hope MTV keeps this entire cast away from the challenges.

MTV really needs to take a look at this show and figure something out to make it interesting again. Whether its to make better casting decisions or to change up what goes on in the house, they need to do something. Cancun felt stale but at least had the intrigue of being somewhere cool. DC just had nothing going on. Why didnt they give them any jobs? They should go back to casting real people instead of sticking to the same old cookie cutter format of the last few years. I still think RW:SF was the best one and the fact that it was 7 people not looking for reality show fame is what made it so much better(with reality TV the way it is, thats probably never going to happen again). There are plenty of good cast members since then but it seems like theres always a bunch of jacked dudes, a gay guy/girl, a token black guy, the bitchy hot girl and the misunderstood girl. Change it up for a season and see what happens.

Also what happened to the full cast trips? I dont remember Cancun going on one and this cast didnt. I never watched Brooklyn or Hollywood so I dont know if thats when it started.

So... I actually liked this season.

The cast was unlikable, but I've come to terms with it. Honestly, what's new? They haven't had a likable cast in any of the recent seasons. I still keep watching, and most of the time, I'm enjoying the episodes.

I like that this season was partly dedicated to gay rights. The show is called The Real World after all, and it's a current issue that is heavily discussed today. This season is kind of like Brooklyn, in that Ryan was heavily focused on about the war. Except I liked this season more than Brooklyn.

If you kept the reunion on, you would have seen that Mike still identifies himself as bisexual. But I don't blame you for tuning out. The reunion was disappointingly boring.

With the job thing, DC follows in Brooklyn's footsteps again in that both seasons didn't require their cast members to do a job together. Instead, they looked out for jobs themselves (Mike with HRC, Callie with her photography, etc). I actually like it better this way, because most of the time, the jobs don't really add anything to the show.

And the no-trip thing much have been a budget cut, with the economy and all. Brooklyn technically didn't have a trip. They took a road trip to Atlantic City, IIRC, but I don't know if that was their decision or the show's.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 04-03-2010 at 01:50 AM.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3861960;
    Found this on Wikipedia...(what would we do without it? )

The Real World
    Thanks Juls! It's so true--what would we do without Wikipedia? I've actually skimmed through that article before, but I missed the part about the people who left the house. I gotta say, Wiki makes Erika's departure so intense. If I were someone who hadn't watched this season, the "possible depression" would have tuned me in.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3862986;
    the s*** they should've shown was the best ep of the season. LOL @ what's her face not knowing that Ty was circumsized!
    I always love the S#^& They Should Have Shown episode. I was always so disappointed whenever a season didn't have one. I'm glad they had it with this season, because it brought great laughs.

However, I agree with the sentiments about Andrew being creepy. The lube thing was funny (albeit disgusting), but he was still creepy. I feel for the girls that lived with him.

We haven't seen this cast hook up all that much, but the whole first half of the episode was dedicated to the cast hooking up and being drunk. With that, I think the editors learned someone from past complaints about the show being too much about the partying and less about everything else.

I call dibs in starting the thread for the new season!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

For long time Real World watchers........Puck from RWSF was charged in a drunk driving accident that injured his son and himself.
    'Real World''s Puck Arrested on Suspicion of DUI After Accident with Son at The Insider
    Following a weekend car accident involving David "Puck" Rainey and his eight-year-old son Bogart, the former "Real World" star has been arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Police plan to charge Puck with driving under the influence, child endangerment and driving without a license, according to the Associated Press.

The APreports that police allege that Rainey was drunk on Saturday night when the car he was driving veered off the road and tumbled down an embankment. Rainey's son Bogart was in the car, and managed to free himself to get the attention of a passing motorist for help, but Puck was trapped in the car, the AP says.

Following the accident, both father and son were flown to a San Diego hospital, where Puck was found to have serious injuries, according to the news agency. Bogart was released from the hospital Wednesday, but Puck is still hospitalized in good condition facing several surgeries, the AP reports.

Puck became infamous after setting tongues wagging with his controversial behavior on the third season of MTV's "The Real World," which filmed in San Francisco.

Published 3/25/10

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3858734;
    Yeah. But there are lots of people out there who can't sing who have careers. If she had just put some effort into it, I wouldn't have disliked her as much.
    J Lo def came to mind to me! Ever heard her live? It's not pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3858734;
    Yeah. But there are lots of people out there who can't sing who have careers. If she had just put some effort into it, I wouldn't have disliked her as much.
    I agree!! I put both Katy Perry and Taylor Swift in that category.

FORT Fogey

And Lady Gaga has a huge career, based less on singing talent and much, much more on her persona. Her songs are great but they're not exactly built to showcase an incredible voice.

Erika really could have used this as a great opportunity. She has that sort of Norah Jones wannabe thing, which is popular right now, which could help her.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

uh, Lady GaGa can sing. And she doesn't lip sync either.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Fogey

No one said she lip synced. And, while there's nothing wrong with her voice, I don't find it to be anything special.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Just wanted to alert the mods that this is in the wrong section. Thanks though....love the new format!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread