+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

And let's not forget the on Good Guys vs Bad Guys, where the Good Guys composed of only Mike Mizanin, Jamie Chung, Landon and Darrell (back when he was nice), beat the much larger Bad Guys team so easily that it made the Bad Guys look pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3728647;
    And let's not forget the on Good Guys vs Bad Guys, where the Good Guys composed of only Mike Mizanin, Jamie Chung, Landon and Darrell (back when he was nice), beat the much larger Bad Guys team so easily that it made the Bad Guys look pathetic.
    Darrell was nice, Must have been a long time away, in a place far, far away. He has joined the Dark Side aka Evil Triad.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

Fan of the RW/RR shows, but I don't remember them in near as much detail as many of you.

At any rate... I have to say that so far, this has been the absolute worst season I have ever seen. The teams are so lopsided that these competitions are not even competitive.

And even if the challengers do win, it doesn't matter because the individual match ups favor the Champs, and the blue team always loses members.

Newsflash to MTV.... the Champs ARE Champs because they have shown in previous seasons to be the best competitors and the best strategist.

It's like watching the Browns vs the Super Bowl Champion Steelers. The underdog doesn't have a realistic chance.

Look at the challengers team. Who left is a good competitor?

Brad immediately jumps out, but from what I remember, he ALWAYS comes up short. I remember him getting eliminated by Abram in a duel, after he took a 2-1 lead in a physical game. I remember him losing to Wes at the main challenge. I remember him losing to Evan last year I think after he had a substantial lead.

He's like the Tony Romo of the RW/RR Challenges. He'll look good and play well, but when it matters most, he chokes.

Then there's Danny. He talks all big, and he's getting a lot of camera time, but he comes up small. This is the guy that talked about knocking Adam out (as in, actually knocking him out) and then the next episode got eliminated by Adam in a physical dual. I guarantee he loses when he goes into his first Ruin.

Cohutta is an unknown, but he seems real small.

Dunbar is a big guy, but he really hasn't stood out in these competitions. In fact, is there a player getting less face time?

KellyAnn is probably the best competitor the Challengers have, but the nitwit women keep trying to throw her in and eliminate her.

Okay, I'm rambling.... I know that the smaller teams beat the bigger teams at the end before. But if you remember, the episode where that fat guy fell down, the bad guys lost at least 30 minutes, and then still made it to the beach and uncovered the treasure before the blue team did. The blue team just won on some technicality. The other episode mentioned with Mike and Landon... well, those guys (Landon especially) were machines. The current squad has no one close to his performance level.

FORT Fogey

You're right. The teams are incredibly lopsided. I mean, on the champions you have Evan, who is just really good at this stuff, regardless of whether you like him personally or not, then you have Derrick, who is in INCREDIBLE competitor, and Wes, who is a great competitor.

I disagree about Brad though. In the Duel, his time was actually faster than Wes's by at least a minute, but since Wes got a 2 minute head start at the beginning from kicking soccer goals, he won. In the Duel II, he got saddled with Rachel, who didn't help him in the partners part, and he'd also just come off of a Duel. In the Gauntlet 3, he just got screwed. Also, remember that Derrick, until the Inferno 3, had never won a challenge but always gotten considerably far, and was always considered a HUGE competitor. I think that's where Brad's at right now.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3729603;
    You're right. The teams are incredibly lopsided. I mean, on the champions you have Evan, who is just really good at this stuff, regardless of whether you like him personally or not, then you have Derrick, who is in INCREDIBLE competitor, and Wes, who is a great competitor.

I disagree about Brad though. In the Duel, his time was actually faster than Wes's by at least a minute, but since Wes got a 2 minute head start at the beginning from kicking soccer goals, he won. In the Duel II, he got saddled with Rachel, who didn't help him in the partners part, and he'd also just come off of a Duel. In the Gauntlet 3, he just got screwed. Also, remember that Derrick, until the Inferno 3, had never won a challenge but always gotten considerably far, and was always considered a HUGE competitor. I think that's where Brad's at right now.
    You might be right about Brad. We'll see. I also remembered after I posted that that he did beat Landon in the ring duel. Granted, Landon worked him pretty good, but Brad was smart for spinning the ring preventing Landon from grabbing it.

That said, I still don't think this'll be close. Brad has zero support.

He and Dunbar need to start stepping up and throwing themselves in the duels if they want to send the Champs home. And I don't even know if Dunbar could do anything. I don't remember him in a duel.

FORT Fogey

Dunbar almost beat MJ in that stupid elevator thing. I think he's big but he's not real strategic so I'm not sure how he'll do. Strong as a flippin' ox though, it appears.

He and Brad and Adam are decent, but the rest of the Challenger guys are kinda weak. Cohutta's smart, but small. The Challenger girls, on the other hand, aren't too bad. Sarah seems like she'll be a good competitor, so does Brianna. Casey just sucks, but she's always sucked, as much as I do adore her.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I just wish there was more of a variety of people that went on these challenges. I get sick of seeing the same people....aligned with the same people....pulling the same crap....getting in the same fights. Bleh, its just old. I like the fresh faces! And they are the ones that get booted. Super sad to see Chet leave!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

I am flat out sick of Evan. He just won a challenge last season. Give him a vacation for at least five seasons or so. After all the years of Road Rules and Real World, they cannot find any new faces and old castmates that want a chance at money. I know some people move on and all, but I cannot imagine too many would turn down a chance at the money they are giving away.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3729948;
    Dunbar almost beat MJ in that stupid elevator thing. I think he's big but he's not real strategic so I'm not sure how he'll do. Strong as a flippin' ox though, it appears.

He and Brad and Adam are decent, but the rest of the Challenger guys are kinda weak. Cohutta's smart, but small. The Challenger girls, on the other hand, aren't too bad. Sarah seems like she'll be a good competitor, so does Brianna. Casey just sucks, but she's always sucked, as much as I do adore her.
    Dunbar almost beating MJ isn't that impressive. For as imposing a guy MJ is (height/build), he doesn't seem to do that well.

Adam is already gone. As is Brianna. So.... not sure why you mentioned them.

FORT Fogey

I wrote that before I saw the episode.... sorry if I offended you.....

MJ's completely unimpressive, I was just saying that's really the only thing we know about his abilities.

Jeez.

+ Reply to Thread