+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

Okay, I just saw the end of the recent episode and wow. Just wow. Johanna has officially fallen as low, if not lower than Johnny, Evan, Kenny and Veronica. She actually threatened to sell Wes's house and keep all the money for herself? What a queen douchebag, what an absolute scumbag!

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;3722382;
    Okay, I just saw the end of the recent episode and wow. Just wow. Johanna has officially fallen as low, if not lower than Johnny, Evan, Kenny and Veronica. She actually threatened to sell Wes's house and keep all the money for herself? What a queen douchebag, what an absolute scumbag!
    While Johanna's threat was hitting below the belt, I wonder if legally she can do this. If Wes paid for the house out of his winnings with the intent it be the home he and his future wife (Johanna) were to live in, Johanna might not be able to do what she really threatened. I figure that Wes must have really bad credit and that is why the house is in Johanna's name. Still after they split up I don't understand why he didn't have her do a "quit claim" on the house so she could not touch it. Hopefully there are some legal eagles out there who have some experience in real estate law that could help out with this question.

BTW was it a spoiler that in the After Show, Johnny mentions that staying in Thailand for
    Click to see Spoiler:
    6 weeks
    was hell??? I was under the impression that contestants who were eliminated where sent home? Cause if that is so, then Johnny basically told us how long he was on the show.

Another point why was the issue of the Johanna threatening to sell Wes's house not brought up in the After Show??? Would that reveal too much??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

I am confused did he pay cash and it is paid off? If so why is it in her name, and if not than let the witch keep it and pay the mortgage on it. If he paid the downpayment or put money towards it, than he would have to have proof and take her to court. Either way what she said really does not make sense, because if the house is paid off why would his name not be on it, bad credit or not if something is paid for you can have it, and if mortgage is still owed, let her have her name on it and pay it herself.

I think that they are all just fed up with Wes constantly saying if he makes it to the end he will make sure to throw the final challenge so none of them win the grand prize.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I totally get why they want to get rid of Wes so bad. He doesn't deserve anyone's respect or consideration from his team because he has given them none. He came into it lying, he came into it thinking he was going to be in charge, and now he's getting what he deserves.

However, Evelyn didn't deserve that. It's awful. I think some of it might have been a misunderstanding though. Evelyn admitted on the Aftershow that she and KellyAnne had had an argument, after which she said she was willing to take her out of the game. She also admitted to KellyAnne that, towards the end of the game, she would have gone in a Ruins against her for the betterment of their team. I think that, had she not had the fight with KellyAnne, the Champions would have waited to send the two of them in together. I think they saw Ev as a really valuable player, and certainly didn't intend to isolate her or make her leave. Say what you will about the Johnny/Kenny/Evan trio, but Kenny and Evan aren't stupid (notice who was left out of that....) They wouldn't have done this if they thought it would turn out this way.

I wish Ev had been able to keep her cool a little bit in the deliberation room or whatever they're calling it, since I think she probably could have reasoned her way out of it if she said "I know I agreed to this but it's too early in the game, etc." Although I was so glad someone with a little more credibility than poor Tonya said something about Susie's constant condescension.

I'm so glad Shavaun left. I can't stand her. Somehow I'm liking Danny and Kimberly this challenge, which is just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3722781;
    I am confused did he pay cash and it is paid off? If so why is it in her name, and if not than let the witch keep it and pay the mortgage on it. If he paid the downpayment or put money towards it, than he would have to have proof and take her to court. Either way what she said really does not make sense, because if the house is paid off why would his name not be on it, bad credit or not if something is paid for you can have it, and if mortgage is still owed, let her have her name on it and pay it herself.
    Many couples after they break up do not amend their financial documents which is one reason why many first wives end up with their ex husbands house, retirement and life insurance and the second family is left with nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3723625;
    I totally get why they want to get rid of Wes so bad. He doesn't deserve anyone's respect or consideration from his team because he has given them none. He came into it lying, he came into it thinking he was going to be in charge, and now he's getting what he deserves.
    Can you clarify that, I must have missed that part.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3723625;
    However, Evelyn didn't deserve that. It's awful. I think some of it might have been a misunderstanding though. Evelyn admitted on the Aftershow that she and KellyAnne had had an argument, after which she said she was willing to take her out of the game. She also admitted to KellyAnne that, towards the end of the game, she would have gone in a Ruins against her for the betterment of their team. I think that, had she not had the fight with KellyAnne, the Champions would have waited to send the two of them in together. I think they saw Ev as a really valuable player, and certainly didn't intend to isolate her or make her leave. Say what you will about the Johnny/Kenny/Evan trio, but Kenny and Evan aren't stupid (notice who was left out of that....) They wouldn't have done this if they thought it would turn out this way.

I wish Ev had been able to keep her cool a little bit in the deliberation room or whatever they're calling it, since I think she probably could have reasoned her way out of it if she said "I know I agreed to this but it's too early in the game, etc." Although I was so glad someone with a little more credibility than poor Tonya said something about Susie's constant condescension.

I'm so glad Shavaun left. I can't stand her. Somehow I'm liking Danny and Kimberly this challenge, which is just weird.
    Ev is a competitor, and she did agree to go into the challenge against KellyAnne at the end of the game. The mistake was blindsiding her with it on only the second challenge. I think the Evil Triad is overly paranoid as challenges go. They are the stronger team, they know how to work together, they have massive advantages over the challenges especially since the majority of the them are Real Worlders and not Road Rulers. Come on did Nick even have a chance at Wes, I don't think so.

FORT Fogey

Sorry, it's clarified more in the Dailies, and just sort of mentioned on the show.

Apparently, Wes not only didn't tell anyone he was coming, he told them he wasn't coming. I don't know what his strategy was there, but it does make him untrustworthy.

Poor Ev was totally blindsided, but I don't think the team knew that she and KellyAnne had made up after their fight, since I really don't think they would have risked her.

Interestingly enough the Challengers team seems to have equal potential for drama and blow-ups as the Champions this season.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3723656;
    Sorry, it's clarified more in the Dailies, and just sort of mentioned on the show.

Apparently, Wes not only didn't tell anyone he was coming, he told them he wasn't coming. I don't know what his strategy was there, but it does make him untrustworthy.

Poor Ev was totally blindsided, but I don't think the team knew that she and KellyAnne had made up after their fight, since I really don't think they would have risked her.

Interestingly enough the Challengers team seems to have equal potential for drama and blow-ups as the Champions this season.
    OK, I get it. This was also brought up on the After Show and you could tell Johnny was ticked off by it. The way Wes explained it, was at first I wasn't coming, then I sorta maybe was and then by the time I decided to come you guys had already called me and I had told you no and I didn't bother to call you back and let you know different thinking maybe you would freak out. Therefore when Wes showed up everyone was like Wes LIED to us OMG let's freak out.

It is pretty obvious that the crews know who is coming ahead of time and some of then (Evil Triad) are already plotting out strategy. I would like for the next challenge to be where no one knows who is coming ahead of time and see what happens. (Unless of course they all meet in the airport).

I love this show, all mature adults acting responsibly and respectful to one another.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-10-2009 at 08:32 PM.

October 14, 2009 episode

Can someone call Dr. Drew and get Tonya into Celebrity Rehab?

Every episode her face is getting bigger and bigger, I am afraid it will get so big the Evil Triad will try to either pop it or she will simply float away.

I know the Evil Triad and their drooling mindless followers all hate and despise Wes, but they actually look worse than Wes does, because I see Wes trying to make peace and lets get along and the Evil Triad agrees to it and with the intention of breaking that agreement and then making a completely different agreement with the challengers.

Yes, I do wish Brianna had beaten Susie. Susie's attitude toward Adam after Adam annouced that the male challenge will be Syrus and himself was stupid and immature and uncalled for. Ugly Susie raises her head.

Ah, Adam, I do applaud him and his "mini me wannabe evil triad" attempting some type of strategy and gameplay too bad it missfired. While Adam's forte is his speed and agility I thought perphaps he had a chance against Syrus. Syrus is big but sad to say it's mostly lard. He never has had stellar performances in the challenges.

While the challengers team is getting smaller and smaller I wonder if that might not be a bad thing. If it turns out to be a team challenge as the very end it may be a big disadvantage to have that many champions. Remember the Gauntlet, were one team (Real World team) was down to Coral and 3 or 4 guys and they lost to a much larger Road Rules team? Thank you Mr. Spider. Then there was Gauntlet III were Big Easy passed out, again a big team vs a smaller team that had been whittled down during the challenges.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-15-2009 at 03:14 PM.

+ Reply to Thread