+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

Re: Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3733779;
    Can someone explain to me the fascination of drinking to get drunk act so stupid and not remember what you did last night? Doing it in your teens a couple of time is one thing but 10 yrs later it is not youth acting out it is simply pathetic.
    More camera time.

FORT Regular

I wonder why Big Easy was not invited back. I would like to see him just to see the reaction of his teammates from the Big Easy collasping debacle. I hear some still refuse to talk to him because the team lost that challenge.
    I'm kind of glad he hasn't come back. The whole talking in third person gets really old.

That and, well, he just isn't a strong competitor.

This is what I don't understand about the casting with these things... what is the point of bringing a Casey, or a Chauvon, or some of the people who have proven before that they are weak?

They aren't cut out for the competition. Sure, I get the relationship/drama aspect, but IMO if you had two strong teams battling it out, there would be so much more drama, strategy, and suspense.

As it is, I simply tune in just to see the Champs win the challenge, and then all the while figuring out (based on how the show is produced) which red team members are sending home which blue team members. The way the shows are edited, you can typically figure out the dual matchups halfway through the program.

Can someone explain to me the fascination of drinking to get drunk act so stupid and not remember what you did last night? Doing it in your teens a couple of time is one thing but 10 yrs later it is not youth acting out it is simply pathetic.
    One of two things: Frat mentality or alcoholism.

Tonya is an example of alcoholism.
    Evan/Kenny etc is the immature Frat mentality.

But yeah, drinking to get smashed is fun when you're young, immature, and new to alcohol. As you get older though, the novelty should long have worn off.

They clearly edited out much of the argument/fight between Tonya and Veronica. V said something that cut below the belt which was why Tonya slapped her. I have the feeling it was regarding her husband leaving her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3733792;
    They clearly edited out much of the argument/fight between Tonya and Veronica. V said something that cut below the belt which was why Tonya slapped her. I have the feeling it was regarding her husband leaving her.
    Which begs the question.... why sign up for this when your personal life is in disarray?

And why do the same people (Beth, Tonya, etc), who get ridiculed and harassed everytime, keep coming back?

Didn't get to see the actual show yet. Can someone post who went home please? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;3733742;
    I agree with much of what you say Bear....

First off, if Tonya gets kicked off for slaping Veronica, then Kenny should get kicked off for throwing powder in Tonyas eyes. That could potentially be more harmful than simply slapping someone.

This season is garbage.
    I am pretty sure TPTB love Kenny, Evan and Johnny...otherwise they would have all been Dq'ed or kicked off in previous seasons (or this one):

1) In a one on one Evan kept standing up (the elevator) and giving himself an advantage (he was supposed to sit crosslegged). TJ yelled at him about a million times that he "had to sit down" but Evan just kept on doing it because he knew he couldn't win otherwise. Any other duel or gauntlet with any other person and TJ would have blew the horn and DQ'ed him on the spot (he has DQ'ed others for far sillier things in the past).
    2) Throwing powder or any other powdered substance into someone's eyes is very dangerous...they should instantly be sent home, but I am guessing that is not going to happen.
    3) When Wes got into a fight with Johnny he never physically touched him, but Johnny shoved Wes back...and the rules clearly indicate NO PHYSICAL CONTACT, yet Johnny stayed. Remember when Beth got slapped a few seasons ago..she just stood there, because she knew she couldn't even push her attacker away for fear of being kicked off too.

Apparently, the rules do not apply to the evil triad. MTV is really starting to tick me off.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3733808;
    Didn't get to see the actual show yet. Can someone post who went home please? Thanks in advance.

Katie from the Champs. Danny from the Challengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;3733829;
    Katie from the Champs. Danny from the Challengers.
    Thank you kindly.

FORT Regular

Just curious, but how many more episodes are there?

Why does Casey even show up to these things...she is clearly pathetic and can't do anything. She will never win unless she gets another comp. like the Fresh Meat when she had Wes literally carry her on his back through the course for a third place finish.

Seriously? And, how stupid are the Challengers that they keep her around (they had the opportunity to throw her in last week and she remained). They deserve to lose by keeping such weak people around.

+ Reply to Thread