+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 121 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

MTV's 16 and Pregnant

It follows around 6 teens about to become mothers. Not sure if I can post a link to the trailer, but its on MTV's website. It looks interesting. I felt bad for one of the teen moms because her boyfriend/hubby said they wouldn't even be together if they didn't have a kid.

It starts June 11th.

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I think that this is a good topic for MTV, and they've had a couple of True Life specials about girls being pregnant (one of them got dumped by the guy after she gave birth), although the timing on this is a few months too late-I think it would have made a bit bigger of an impact had it aired a few months ago, because you have Bristol Palin in the news and Jamie Lynn Spears having baby Maddie was also a lot newer.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

mmmmmm..didn't know about this one...but it sort of gives me mixed feelings...will they show whats really involved in being a mother or glamorize it....If they show what it is really about i might have my 12 yr old sit down and watch it...even though I have talked and talked to her about things it doesn't mean that I am not scared about what could happen in a couple of years..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Does anyone know how long it will follow these girls? It sounds like it has potential. However, I agree that it could only have a positive impact if it is honest and doesn't glamorize getting knocked up at a young age. I shudder to think of teen girls wanting to get pregnant so they could "be on that MTV reality show"...

If I may ask, when is it on?
    Last edited by gant77; 05-31-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Cant spell

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3476567;
    If I may ask, when is it on?
    June 11th at 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3476588;
    June 11th at 10pm.
    I am going to watch the first one alone..since mtv will probably re show it 10 times during the week before I decide if I want my 12 yr old to see it..because if they are going to 'glamorize' a young girl being pregnant and make it out to seem like something great then it will be not NO but H### NO...but if they are going to give us an accurate portrayal of what it is like to be that young and all the changes as it is plus having to deal with a pregnancy at that age and what comes with it then yes i think i would want my daughter to watch it.

Thanks Sweet lady. I was totally oblivious to the first post! I am a DORK!

I saw a preview of this on another show that was talking about teen pregnancy and in no way from what I saw are they 'glamorizing' being pregnant and a teen mother

I think one of the "real stations" like CBS, ABC or NBC is also having a series on this as part of their Dateline or 20/20 series. I just saw a comercial last night, if I could remember what I was watching, I might remember the station. It didn't look very glamorous. One girl was crying because her baby daddy was still playing football & his life hadn't changed at all.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread