+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 121 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4093031;
    Brooke's mother got married at the same age, didn't she? Was she pregnant, too? I know that, a lot of times, the girls repeat what their mothers' have done....but that was a different time and age.
    Oh, the very first scene of the show stated that Brooke's Mom, as well as Grandmom and Great Grandmom all married very very early. Yes, the whole scenario repeats but today is not like yearsssss ago. Life is so much harder now.
    KAREN

I can't speak for other parts of the country and as stupid as it sounds here in the south if you get a girl pregnant at 16 marriage is almost forcebly encouraged and as one of our local bbq's joints show in their commerical where their catering smoker looks like a huge shotgun ...lol...as he says in this commerical they are even equipped to cater a shotgun wedding..lol..and sadly to say here in the south that happens alot..but just as sadly these shotgun weddings usually end in divorce since neither party really wanted to get married to begin with and the lust has died
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4092892;
    I just watched this episode. I was surprised that it was filmed about 10 minutes from where I live (next town over). I used to work at the hospital Brooke had her baby at & I know the sono tech that did her ultrasound. It was weird seeing that! I also have been out to track a few times that they were racing their cars. I was trying to figure out which QT he works at, but I wasn't 100% sure because there's a million of them around here.

I don't think marrying at 16 is a good idea, baby or not. As someone else said, if it's the real deal, they will still be in love two years later ( and beyond) and can get married then. I feel like getting married at 16 because the girl is pregnant is like following one bad choice with another. That said, I hope things work out in their favor, of course. I also hope Brooke can get her HS diploma. Maybe doing correspondence courses would be better for her, if she is that motivated & has the self-discipline to do it.
    So they are from Texas? I thought I heard they were from Indiana (Amber and Gary are from Indiana) so I've been googling trying to find some information about where they were from!

any info I'd appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4094377;
    So they are from Texas? I thought I heard they were from Indiana (Amber and Gary are from Indiana) so I've been googling trying to find some information about where they were from!

Gary and Amber ARE from Indiana.

The NEW season started this past week and holly71 is talking about Brooke and Cody in this newest season.
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4094387;
    Gary and Amber ARE from Indiana.

The NEW season started this past week and holly71 is talking about Brooke and Cody in this newest season.
    sorry I made perfect sense in my mind - it didnt translate in the post!

I know Gary and Amber are from Indiana - a town I actually know (near where I went to college - Ball State IN) I also know that their town is not happy how they are being portrayed (according to magazine stories )

I watched the first show with Brooke and Cody and I thought i heard they were from Indiana - but wasnt sure, so I googled, and didnt find an answer - the poster I quoted Holly71 posted she was familiar with the hospital - and I noticed her (Holly71) location status: Lone Star status - Texas, so I was curious , am curious where Brook and Cody are from - as I was originally from Texas -

anyway - sorry I confused

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4094402;
    sorry I made perfect sense in my mind - it didnt translate in the post!

I know Gary and Amber are from Indiana - a town I actually know (near where I went to college - Ball State IN) I also know that their town is not happy how they are being portrayed (according to magazine stories )

I watched the first show with Brooke and Cody and I thought i heard they were from Indiana - but wasnt sure, so I googled, and didnt find an answer - the poster I quoted Holly71 posted she was familiar with the hospital - and I noticed her (Holly71) location status: Lone Star status - Texas, so I was curious , am curious where Brook and Cody are from - as I was originally from Texas -

anyway - sorry I confused

Aww, no problem, angel!!
    KAREN

FORT Fan

the article I was referencing was specific to the Candy Store where some scenes were shot - he said that Amber and Gary and the film crew were not welcome there -

and of course there were lots of people quoted on how Amber was not that different in high school, and didnt think she should be on the show -

so the town wasnt happy at how the town was portrayed...

(I really have to stop trying to do more than one thing at a time!)

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4094377;

Brooke & Cody are from Mansfield, Tx.
    The hospital she had the baby at is in Fort Worth.
    The dirt track they raced at is in Kennedale.
    Hope this helps!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4094886;
    Brooke & Cody are from Mansfield, Tx.
    The hospital she had the baby at is in Fort Worth.
    The dirt track they raced at is in Kennedale.
    Hope this helps!
    Awesome! Thanks

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;4092880;
    The parents were half of the problem of that situation. I know you should be supportive but to let the guy move in and then marry your sixteen year old just because theyre "in love" and he knocked her up is more enabling then supporting. Out of all the episodes of 16 and preg, Brooke really did a great job once the baby came, Cody as well. They didnt do anything wrong but at the end you could see she came to the realization that her childhood is over and there is no turning back. Regardless of how good of parents they are, thats just sad.
    I totally agree. Why would the parents allow the boy to move in in the first place? Basically they are condoning them having sex under their roof and expecting them to use protection every time. Not gonna happen with 16 year olds. The parents just seemed very naive. And I wonder where Cody's parents are in all of this? Why let him move out of their house? Strange.

+ Reply to Thread