+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 121 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I see Farrah in a completely different light. I think she is devastated that Sophia will never know her father. Of course she is selfish and immature (getting upset when Sophia didn't want to listen to the letter or cards, etc.), but she is so much like her mom. When Farrah and her mom were in the therapist's office, the mom spoke about Farrah as though she wasn't in the room. She also spoke as if she has control over who sees Sophia and who doesn't. She said "we" don't want anything to do with Derek's family. That really pissed me off. Who is she to speak for Farrah. I wonder what Derek's family thinks of the whole situation. I do not like that mom and think she should butt out. She's not helping Farrah in any way at all. And the hitting is out of control. The first time we saw her hit Farrah, I was outraged. You don't hit your child! Then when she got arrested....that would have been the end of that relationship had that been me. Maybe better mothering would have prevented Farrah's spoiled behavior, but obviously hitting her did not change it.

Oh, I agree about the hitting by Farrah's mom. It was wrong, wrong, wrong, no matter what Farrah does. I have always thought that. There is a certain amount of manipulation still going on my Farrah's mom too. It's almost like she has a script. She is doing everything by the book right now to stay close to Sophia. Who knows what she has in her plans.
    Still, she does help Farrah a lot. The support from family is a great thing. To handle everything on your own without family would be almost impossible for Farrah. Grandparants are great for kids, as long as they aren't toxic or expose the kids to danger.

However, I have watched Farrah very closely since the show started. There is something about her that is just off. Really. She thinks of things in terms of everything surrounding her. It's all about her. Her thinking, her logic and her rationalization all point to a very self-centered person. That's why I posted above about the narcissism. I think her brain is wired that way and I can't see it being changed.

FORT Fanatic

I find it interesting that Amber and Gary can rent a home, pay their bills and eat out all the time, yet neither of them seem to work. How much money do they get to appear on Teen Mom? If it's alot it makes sense that they want to stay in the limelight. Why get a job when MTV will pay your bills? Amber and Gary disgust me...Amber more so than Gary. How is it that she's not in jail for domestic abuse????

FORT Fanatic

Everytime Farrah does that crumpled up face thing and then pretends to cry I start laughing. Maybe if she could produce a couple of tears or even get her eyes to look like they are watering I would have some sympathy for her. All she does is make this ugly face, produce sobbing sounds, put her hands over her face and then reach for a tissue to wipe nothing away.
    Last season this guy was an afterthought and now all of the sudden he was the love of her life that she will never get over? The guy didnt even know she was pregnant either? Come on. Quite a co-incidence that she found out that she could collect money for Sophia because of him too.

Leah just breaks my heart to watch. The poor child wanders aimlessly around that pig sty while Mom of the year is playing house with some creep. All that little girl wants is to be held and loved and all her and Gary want to do is play tit for tat like 5 year olds. Neither one of them should be parents. Regardless of how much Gary shows it sometimes, they shoudnt be parents. Neither one of them has a stable form of income, one of them doesnt have an address and the other is a mentally unstable lunatic with rage issues.

If this show has shown me one thing its that people should have to pass a test in order to become parents. Amber cant even get a GED so we know that she would fail the parent test with flying colors.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Oh, I completely agree that Farrah is completely self-centered. She has been the entire time she's been on tv. There's no doubt her world revolves around her. But I don't think that makes her void of any grief or feelings. I make an ugly face when I cry too.....and if I catch myself doing it when others can see me, I do my best to stop, hide it and hold it in until later. That's what I see Farrah doing.

I'm not sure what to think about Gary and Amber. Obviously neither of them are fit parents, together or apart. But no one is going to take that baby away from them. I say that because (well, for all we have seen) there hasn't been any physical abuse against her, she seems clean and dressed, and looks well-fed. She has an attachment to both her parents (Gary more than Amber, of course), so hopefully they will get some sort of instruction on parenting at some point. In any event, I don't see little Leah growing up in a decent household with decent parents...but that's what happens sometimes. It's life.

As far as the money goes for being on TV, I've noticed all of them are driving the same type of car...so I'm sure that is being sponsored Chrysler (I think it's Chrysler...). They have to be getting paid. Why would they be on tv if they were doing it for free? Maci was able to take the summer off work and school. Gary and Amber have plenty of money, and I doubt Farrah makes enough money slinging pizza to afford a pedi for her baby. I do see some creepers coming in to take advantage of the girls (at least one guy from last season went out with Farrah and admitted he did it to be on tv - and it's obvious to me that's what Amber's new live-in love is doing). It's sickening to me. It also makes me wonder about Kyle....

I, too, am concerned about Dr. Drew's involvement. I think he is spread way too thin and should maybe take a break from all of these outside gigs. He's good at what he does, and is full of useful information, but he can only give so much before it becomes meaningless.

Are they doing another season with this same cast? I've pretty much lost interest in them, but would be interested in seeing how things work out for Catelyn and Tyler.

FORT Fogey

Won't they eventually have to move on with different mothers/babies, if they intend to keep on calling the show Teen Moms? Some of those young women must at least be approaching twenty.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4089240;
    Won't they eventually have to move on with different mothers/babies, if they intend to keep on calling the show Teen Moms? Some of those young women must at least be approaching twenty.
    Well, MTV does like to play fast and loose with the true definition of words....I mean a show called Jersey Shore that's set in Miami?!

I'd like to see them move on to others just to quit rewarding the bad behavior of some of these girls. Also, while I find Caitlyn and Tyler to be absolute sweethearts, I was never too sure about them being included in a show about parenting when they chose to give Carly up for adoption.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't they beginning a new show with pregnant girls of about age 16? It's not as if there will ever be a lack of them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

They're at it again!!! This is from The Smoking Gun

Cops Called For Another "Teen Mom" Tussle Man claims volatile MTV star has "history of battering"
    View Document"Teen Mom" Abuse

OCTOBER 21--One of the young couples regularly seen battling each other on MTV’s generally loathsome “Teen Mom” series was at it again early yesterday, according to Indiana police.

Amber Portwood and Gary Shirley got into a dispute after he received a text message that she thought was sent by another woman. Shirley, 23, told Madison County Sheriff’s Department deputies that he left his house “and Amber followed him and she threatened to batter him.” He added that Portwood, 20, “had a history of battering him,” according to a sheriff’s report.

That claim appears supported by the MTV program, which follows the couple as they attempt to raise their young daughter. On several episodes, the volatile Portwood is seen hitting and threatening the hulking, 260-pound Shirley, who is not seen retaliating. These assaults, one of which is pictured at left, usually occurred in front of the pair’s child.

Deputies arrived at Shirley’s Anderson home after Portwood called cops to report being pushed out of the residence while in her underwear. She said that while Shirley pushed her from the home, she “was never punched.” Nobody was arrested.

In an interview yesterday with Lt. Tim Basey, Portwood said she has been under a lot of stress due to an ongoing battery investigation being handled by local police. Portwood explained the probe stemmed from incidents “where she supposedly battered Gary during filming of the MTV reality show ‘Teen Mom.’” Basey reported that, “Amber advised she wanted to leave and get away from Gary but was unable to take their young daughter with her due to her apartment having everything boxed up. She didn’t want Gary to tell everyone she was abandoning her baby because she wasn’t.”

In a video clip on MTV’s web site, Portwood speaks about her abusive behavior towards Shirley: “I have no clue why I hurt Gary…I sorta do, but it’s kinda beyond myself. I can’t help myself.” (2 pages)

FORT Fogey

Bentley, Sophia, and Leah look to be approaching two, and Carly just turned one. How did they film this when the children are a year apart. Did they film the three, and then add in Catelynn and Tyler a year later?

+ Reply to Thread