+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 121 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4086983;
    I am so sick of bad childhoods excusing adult behavior. If we know so much that bad parenting affects us as adults than lets put some stipulations on who raises kids in this Country. Just saying we have to put up with the nasty adults is ridiculous. Dr. Drew is looking like a fool more and more. There is no reason that beautiful child is subjected to that garbage, and if Gary wants to keep coming back, than that little girl deserves out of there for awhile period.
    THANK YOU. I agree. I can sympathize with anyone's bad childhood. Some children were horribly abused, however, when people around you show concern for your child's welfare and you admit that the child is experiencing the same thing that you did as a child, there is no reason to let it continue. So what if it's painful to have your child live somewhere else for awhile. IT's not about you. It's about the CHILD.

If Dr. Drew does not stand up for that child and her right to live away from that abusive woman, then he is a hyprocrite and should be challenged on it. Of course, they will fill the audience with people who act like fans of Amber and who feel sorry for her and ask polite and undemanding questions. What a farce! It's inexcusable.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope they call her out on her abuse and don't sit there and make polite conversation and talk about how they are going to work on their relationship in a casual manner. Wake up people! It's like the house is on fire and they are sitting there casually discussing how they plan to handle it. DO SOMETHING to same the baby! NOW!

just watched the finale. i still can't stand amber!

FORT Fan

The town Amber and Gary live in have had it with MTV - they have refused more filming (specifically the candy store)

I cant believe that Amber has "gotten away" with that violence, Dr Drew says its abuse, but really? She needs therapy - they need therapy, and its sad that the baby is in the middle of all of that - and we have to watch - oh - wait, I dont have to watch! yikes!! I do know that Indiana law cannot confirm or deny that they are investigating, but they did specifcally say they will not use the show, or any film in their investigation!!

I watched the reunion show with Dr. Drew. Amber seemed out of it and pathetic. I don't know if she really felt bad about being abusive or if she was just just being a drama queen, but she needs help badly for her sake and the little girls.
    Farrah needs to stay in therapy. There seemed like there were still issues with her mom and the deceased baby daddy.
    I was glad Dr. Drew called out Catelynns mother on her abuse of her daughter and suggested she get some help.
    I was also glad Maci called out Ryan on his bad behavior too.
    This show was depressing, sad, and hard to watch sometimes. If there is another season I will pass on watching it.

FORT Fanatic

I watched the first 15 minutes and had to turn it off. I CAN NOT STAND DR. DREW.

**I read that Amber is pregnant again and that Gary is the father. Poor, poor child(ren).

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was telling when Ryan's face registered incredulity when Dr. Drew kept emphasizing that Bentley needed to be rid of the passifier since he was near 2 years old. Ryan's argument was that HE had carried a bottle until he was 2, so he didn't see the problem, since he turned out "fine". It's apparent that he gets this messed up idea of parenting from HIS parents and they are ALL in denial about Ryan turning out "just fine". If this is the way they are thinking, Maci can expect no reasonable help from Bentley's paternal grandparents. Interestingly enough, though, Sophia was the only one walking around with a passifier in her mouth on the show. I kept waiting for Bentley or Leah to take it away from her and put it in their own mouth! Ryan sat so far away from Maci on that couch that it looked like he thought he could either catch cooties or get her pregnant again. That would be high-level thinking for him!

I also couldn't help but wonder what happened with Catelynn's mother when she was a child, for her to be so abusive to Catelynn. She had to have learned her behavior somewhere. She wasn't born nasty. I also wonder how awful Catelynn's mother acted after they left the show. I'm sure it was not pretty.

I liked that Dr. Drew brought out that Amber and Gary were repeating behaviors that they had seen in their homes, as they grew up. Gary really loves Amber, and it's obvious and frustrating. I'd like to know what a "whiteout" (as opposed to a "blackout") is. Amber needs to have her mental illness treated. I thought Amber's pain was real last night. And Gary needs some self-esteem training/reinforcement.

Why are there no tears when Farrah "cries"? She just makes that hideous face, and quickly returns to normal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=angelmum3;4088241;]The town Amber and Gary live in have had it with MTV - they have refused more filming (specifically the candy store)

Considering the way Amber and Gary were letting Leah rummage through all the candy she could reach and throw it every which way, I'm not surprised the candy store has refused to have them in there filming anymore. In fact, if they refused to allow Leah in there again unless Amber and Gary actually had her under control instead of sitting on their butts eating while she wandered all over the place, I'd applaud them. It isn't a safe thing for Leah to be doing, and it's certainly not an appropriate way for their merchandise to be treated--nor is it something any other customers are going to want to see. I know I'd be irritated if I thought I'd bought candy that some random, unsupervised child had thrown on the floor, no matter how carefully it was wrapped.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, you know they (Amber and Gary) couldn't stop her......because she'd cryyyyyyy!

And, godforbid, we should make our children cry.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4088400;
    Why are there no tears when Farrah "cries"? She just makes that hideous face, and quickly returns to normal.
    You know, I mentioned that a few pages back as evidence of her insincerity over the whole Derek thing. I said back then that I think she's the most aware of how she appears on camera and that the whole sudden mourning over him is partially to make her appear more sympathetic to viewers after she came off as such a brat most of the time last season and partially to get Derek's sister in for the DNA testing so she can get Sophia's survivor benefits. She screws up her face and pretends to be unable to talk for a few seconds and then boom! Back to normal. I just don't buy that all of a sudden after completely refusing to acknowledge Derek for so long that suddenly he was the love of her life and she's still grieving this much and she doesn't think she'll ever find someone. There's just nothing real about her or these little 'crying' fits. As horrible a person as Amber is, at least she shows emotion when she's upset or sad. Now Amber is clearly more of a demonstrative person than Farrah, but look back at Farrah's original episode of 16 & Pregnant when she and her mom are in the car fighting....Farrah's actually crying and emotional in that scene and it looks nothing like her episodes now.

Glad someone else is noticing this....I don't believe a word that comes out of Farrah's mouth.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4088442;
    Well, you know they (Amber and Gary) couldn't stop her......because she'd cryyyyyyy!

And, godforbid, we should make our children cry.

Especially since it might draw attention away from her mother's tears and whining. it does not surprise me in the least that Leah has taken to pushing her parents apart when she sees them hugging, saying, "no, no." I don't think it's just that she's afraid they're fighting. I think it's that she's afraid they might be reconciling.

And I really, really hope Amber isn't pregnant yet again. Leah was an unplanned pregnancy. They also had a pregnancy scare last season. What is it about birth control that those two don't--or won't--understand?

+ Reply to Thread