+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 122 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4083908;
    I'm still waiting for that info also. Her diet does not reflect Type 1 or 2 diabetes. I am one.

I'm still trying to get over the new BF changing the diaper! That can possibly affect the child, while the diabetes affects Amber.
    Seems to me that if Amber were diabetic, that she would have been whining and constantly throwing it up in Gary's face while he was living there, taking her abuse. This girl would do anything to yank his chain.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Oh, I soooo agree with not letting the boyfriend change the baby. And dressing her. Both Amber and the boyfriend should know better. However, I think the boyfriend is mugging for mtv and anyone else who's watching. For now. It seems someone told Gary what happened, since he knew the boyfriend changed Leah, dressed her and cleaned the house. I don't know how much time they spent with the cameras around... I don't know what to think of Amber at this point. I used to think she should be given the benefit of the doubt...but now... I just hope Gary gets his stuff together and opens his eyes, but I sort of expect they'll be back in the news. And not in a good way.

FORT Fanatic

My opinion, no decent man would put himself in this position to bathe, or change a child.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

My husband was on Gary's side completely with the new man changing the diaper. Even if it was a boy, it is inappropriate to be changing a baby's diaper that is not your child or familiar with you. I do not agree though with a Grandpa not changing a diaper. I mean I can not be with my child every second, and it is unrealistic to expect no men ever to change a diaper. Strangers though I am agreeing is wrong.

JMO: There are two distinctly different issues being intertwined in the whole `who should change the child's diaper' controversy.

An acquaintance, male or female, has no business changing a child's diaper end of story.

However, to take this to the extreme that no man other than the father of the child should change the child's diaper because the child will be exposed to molestation...there is nothing wrong with a grandfather doing diaper duty if he is a loving decent parent to begin with.

What if a widowed grandfather is given custody of an infant?

At the end of the day it comes down to common sense and a mothers instinct. What Amber did is wrong regardless of the persons gender.

Not all men are predators. Some women are predators . That's where common sense comes in. We can only do our best and to expect a mother, particularly a single one to be there 24/7, refusing the help of a loving grandfather makes little sense and lays a huge guilt trip on ther mother. Again common sense can sort this out.

There aren't any guarentees in life, if we do our best, our most perfect, we still cannot protect our children from possible harm. But we can't become so wrapped up in protecting them we don't allow other loving, trusted adults into their lives.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-14-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4083918;
    while i don't think her brand new just met in the walmart parking lot should be changing leah's diapers, i don't agree that ANY male shouldn't be allowed to change a baby.
    I agree with you wholeheartedly.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Good points above about using good judgment. Problem with some of the teen moms is that they don't have good judgment.

I will also say that I have had MANY girls and women confide in me over the years, (high school, college, post graduate school, work,etc.) about how they were touched by a man when they were little, pre-teen or a teen. It is shocking how many people this happens to. Most of them never told their parents or teachers or anyone. Most of the time it was a step parent, boyfriend of their mother, uncle, cousin, or family friend. It is quite common to not tell anyone when it happens. I believe what these people told me, so I think it is VERY reasonable to be overly cautious with the people who have access to your kids.

FORT Newbie

Did anyone else wonder if Amber was using drugs during this last episode? There were times when she seemed to be listless and slur her words. She mentioned on the phone that her new boyfriend helped "calm her down" and it made me wonder "how" he calmed her down. She was still her whiny annoying self, but she seemed a little different to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just watched the show that everybody has been talking about. I'm going to rewatch it on Saturday. I was struck by how much Tyler looks like his dad, and how much Carly looks like Tyler. Did Tyler and Catelynn not visit Carly in her home? I didn't get the impression that they did. Loved that recorded book.

Amber is going to be kicking herself for lending her car to her "live-in". I learned, a long time ago, that you should not lend your car to anyone....talk about something that can come back to bite you in the boo-boo. And how can she move a stranger into her home so quickly? She doesn't even really know this guy....or so they've led us to think.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4084080;
    Just watched the show that everybody has been talking about. I'm going to rewatch it on Saturday. I was struck by how much Tyler looks like his dad, and how much Carly looks like Tyler. Did Tyler and Catelynn not visit Carly in her home? I didn't get the impression that they did. Loved that recorded book.

Amber is going to be kicking herself for lending her car to her "live-in". I learned, a long time ago, that you should not lend your car to anyone....talk about something that can come back to bite you in the boo-boo. And how can she move a stranger into her home so quickly? She doesn't even really know this guy....or so they've led us to think.
    What struck me about the `can I borrow your car' moment is right before he asked he buttered her up with 'You are the most beautiful girl in the world and someday I'm going to marry you.' Then he askes `can i use the car?' Is she crazy. This guy is a total operator and he knows he's got himself the perfect victim in Amber.It's like a shark smelling blood. She's venerable, a mess, insecure, overwhelmed and lonely. The perfect `mark.'
    I'm wondering if something would happen if he was caught driving her car without insurance (does he have a license)? I mean, she would be in trouble but I wonder if this would be a parole violation of some sort? Would that affect her, as well, if he were to get hauleed in for something like that?
    What about child services? Aren't they going to react in some waynow knowing this girl is living with a guy who just got out of jail/halfway house? Look, the guy could be reformed and on his way to sainthood, but at the end of the day he's a complete stranger with no time in the real world to prove he's changed. You can't just take in any person -and won't she do it again so that Leah has a revolving door of daddies?

+ Reply to Thread