+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3565202;
    Im watching Farrah's story right now and the whole thing just seemed off.
    Now, I have never gave birth to a baby so i must ask, for those that had a epidural, did you "act" anything like Farrah? I am asking about the jokes and seemingly jovial attitude she had. I always hoped that my labor and delivery would be like hers, but now that I see it I am somewhat confused I guess. I know the show is edited but she made it seem like it was just a every day thing. Who can pause like that in mid-labor to collect themselves to push? I have seen SO MANY births on the lovely TLC, and Discovery channels and this was the first one that was so non-chalant.
    I can only hope that when I have my first baby I will be able to enjoy it like Farrah did!
    Both my children were natural births. No drugs - epidural or otherwise. And I think having babies really is an everyday thing. Your body's main function is to reproduce. I'm not saying it isn't difficult, I'm just saying birth is a small price to pay for the benefits. It must be - look at all the babies out there! As far as "acting" goes, mmmm - I don't think that's an option during labor.

When the baby is ready to be born, they will be born, no matter what. The pushing is natural, and needs to be done. Given the right medical personnel, midwife or other educated caregiver - child birth is the most natural and wonderful thing a woman can ever do.

If and when you do have your first baby - as soon as the baby shows it's little self - you will forget the pain and you will understand

Thanks pfeifferdcat,
    I was wondering how much the epidurals have an effect on pain and how it contributed to the attitude during delivery. Im glad to see that it seems to really depend on the person and how they feel during the whole thing.

ok, for some reason "who's baby fell out at home" sent me into a fit of hysterical laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3572011;
    Gant, I had an epidural & while I was on it, there was no pain. They turned it down so I could push & I could feel all the pain. But, I've also had a friend who's baby fell out at home, so no epidural there. I've also known people who just push a couple times & the baby comes out. All women are different, so you never know what will happen when you have a baby.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

One of my babies nearly fell out, as well. Fortunately it was my second baby and I knew what was going on. I had all of two contractions - and had the baby 15 minutes after arriving at the hospital. You just never know.

I hope, for your sake, Gant, that if/when you decide to have children your experience is every bit as positive as Farrah's.

Thanks J.D.
    I will have to have a little assistance with it, and I hope it will be a "easy" and relatively inexpensive solution!

I noticed last night that there was an "after labor" or something like that scheduled so hopefully we'll get some updates on our couples.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3575766;
    ok, for some reason "who's baby fell out at home" sent me into a fit of hysterical laughter.
    Oh, I LOL too! I'm not kidding either, she was walking & the baby fell out. That's what happens when you've already had twins & a single. She had twins again with the one that fell out & the other had to be born by c-section. Another funny thing is that she said & I just had my carpets cleaned!

I can't wait to see after labor or whatever they will call it. I'd like to see how everyone is doing later on.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

ok, i am for real in hysterics now!!!! just had the carpets cleaned!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3578452;
    Oh, I LOL too! I'm not kidding either, she was walking & the baby fell out. That's what happens when you've already had twins & a single. She had twins again with the one that fell out & the other had to be born by c-section. Another funny thing is that she said & I just had my carpets cleaned!

I can't wait to see after labor or whatever they will call it. I'd like to see how everyone is doing later on.

Did anyone else see tonight's episode? I have a LOT of respect for her because that's the hardest decision to make-giving the baby up for adoption-but she recognized that it was the best decision for her to make. Next week they are airing a special bringing all the mums together on one stage with Dr. Drew, and it looks like the girl from the first episode ditched her BF.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Okay, this was the best episode of the series. They definitely saved the best for last. I Catelynn and Tyler. I think he actually would have been the best father out of all the guys featured on this show. She would have also been a good mother.

But they made a good decision. That household is unstable. I can't believe Catelynn's mom called her a bitch after the meeting with the adoptive parents. Tyler's dad isn't much better. For once, the kids were wiser than the parents. And with Catelynn's mother, I can understand being unhappy about giving up the baby, but to be completely unsupportive? That's just ridiculous.

The whole episode was so heart-wrenching. I almost lost it when Teresa gave Catelynn that bracelet. Catelynn and Tyler definitely picked the best people to take care of their baby. Good for Teresa and Brandon for allowing Catelynn and Tyler to keep in touch with their baby.

I hope the best for Catelynn, Tyler, Teresa, and Brandon. This episode deserves an Emmy, I loved it that much.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread