+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 121 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Newbie

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I have a relative who is going to give custody of her son to her mother so she can join the Air Force, then planned on getting him back later on down the road. I didn't know that wasn't allowed.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodGirl;3557344;
    I have a relative who is going to give custody of her son to her mother so she can join the Air Force, then planned on getting him back later on down the road. I didn't know that wasn't allowed.
    I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed, if the kids have decent caregivers - and especially if those caretakers also have custody of the children.

Did anyone else see tonight's episode? We had a boyfriend who was an equal, if not more intensive, caregiver for the baby! Next week though looks to be insane because from the looks of the preview, they give the baby up for adoption.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I haven't watched this show, but I have a daughter who is 12. I have debated, with the help of my friend, for years on what I would do about sex/birthcontrol. I think that after reading these stories posted that I will be very likely taking her down to go on the pill around 15. I little earlier than what I had hoped for, but I just don't want to have anything happen. I can just give it to her with her vitamins every day. I had her myself when I was 19. My mother moved out of the country, I was left alone with my boyfriend who didn't love me (but felt responsible for me at the time). We married the day before my due date because my mother wouldn't come for her to be born if we weren't married. She left 2 weeks later and I was left to raise my daughter alone. By the time she was born, her dad checked out emotionally on us both and never helped with caring for her. I am glad I was able to do it, but I wouldn't wish this on anyone. 19 was to young, the thought of 16 year olds having to go thru it makes me want to cry.

I can't say the show deters most girls from getting pregnant. It shows being pregnant, jolly most of the time, loved by their families and the boyfriends stick around. And it doesn't go on to show that the baby isn't a toy you can put away and take out when you are ready to play with it. They may show part of it - but that's only for 2 or 3 days.

And another thing: a girl might purposely get pregnant to get on the show. It seems outlandish, but you never know.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3557769;
    And another thing: a girl might purposely get pregnant to get on the show. It seems outlandish, but you never know.
    That occurred to me too - remember Sweet Sixteen?

Im watching Farrah's story right now and the whole thing just seemed off.
    Now, I have never gave birth to a baby so i must ask, for those that had a epidural, did you "act" anything like Farrah? I am asking about the jokes and seemingly jovial attitude she had. I always hoped that my labor and delivery would be like hers, but now that I see it I am somewhat confused I guess. I know the show is edited but she made it seem like it was just a every day thing. Who can pause like that in mid-labor to collect themselves to push? I have seen SO MANY births on the lovely TLC, and Discovery channels and this was the first one that was so non-chalant.
    I can only hope that when I have my first baby I will be able to enjoy it like Farrah did!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3557572;
    I don't know why it wouldn't be allowed, if the kids have decent caregivers - and especially if those caretakers also have custody of the children.
    I read someplace else that if you the sole caretaker of a child you can'r enlist in the service. So if you are an 18 year old father but BabyMama has custody you are good to go. But if you are BabyMama and your parents do not take custody you can't enlist.

Those are for single people, obviously. Married people are under a different set of rules.
    Help control the animal population - spay and neuter your pets!

Quote Originally Posted by gant77;3565202;
    Im watching Farrah's story right now and the whole thing just seemed off.
    Now, I have never gave birth to a baby so i must ask, for those that had a epidural, did you "act" anything like Farrah? I am asking about the jokes and seemingly jovial attitude she had. I always hoped that my labor and delivery would be like hers, but now that I see it I am somewhat confused I guess. I know the show is edited but she made it seem like it was just a every day thing. Who can pause like that in mid-labor to collect themselves to push? I have seen SO MANY births on the lovely TLC, and Discovery channels and this was the first one that was so non-chalant.
    I can only hope that when I have my first baby I will be able to enjoy it like Farrah did!
    Gant, I had an epidural & while I was on it, there was no pain. They turned it down so I could push & I could feel all the pain. But, I've also had a friend who's baby fell out at home, so no epidural there. I've also known people who just push a couple times & the baby comes out. All women are different, so you never know what will happen when you have a baby.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

+ Reply to Thread