+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 121 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Where was Leah when Amber hit Gary?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4072604;
    Where was Leah when Amber hit Gary?
    With her grandma (Gary's mom) I believe. I know she wasn't actually there. It wasn't just that she hit him--she hit him multiple times, shoved him, and as he was going down the stairs, kicked him in the back. She also threatened to throw his television down the stairs. And yeah, if a guy was doing that to a woman, it would most definitely be considered domestic violence, because it is--and it doesn't matter who's the one doing it or who's being victimized. In fact, they ran the addy for a domestic abuse website several time during the episode, so I think they were acknowledging that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Amber is lucky that Gary is not the kind of man who hits back; he could have put her through that wall or down the stairs. I don't know how he restrains himself. While it is never right, I have learned that if a woman hits first that the man is less culpable if he hits her back (we don't get free hits just because we are female), but Gary is just not that kind of man. And Amber going on and on about how she has custody of Leah...Gary needs to do something about that, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have not seen this epi yet; taped and will watch it later on.

But I will say Amber had to have had a very dysfunctional upbringing and NOT that she was ever abused BUT she had to have seen things from early on to act so angry and full of rage towards Gary all the time.

She is now taking that Krav Maga (my DS takes it as well) and the instructors do NOT condone this type of rage and aggression at all.

I think she would benefit more from a YOGA class. Something that will CALM HER DOWN and some place she could go when she feels all bottled up inside.

I would think that Gary would indeed have some rights to possibly getting Leah if he were to take tapes of this epi to his attorney.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4072676;
    I have not seen this epi yet; taped and will watch it later on.

But I will say Amber had to have had a very dysfunctional upbringing and NOT that she was ever abused BUT she had to have seen things from early on to act so angry and full of rage towards Gary all the time.

---I would like to know about Gary's upbringing too, because he takes so much garbage from Amber. Not that I'm suggesting he should hit back or anything like that, but he seems far too willing to be demeaned by her, as if he feels he deserves that kind of treatment. Perhaps his size and lack of motivation are also a product of a lack of self worth.

She is now taking that Krav Maga (my DS takes it as well) and the instructors do NOT condone this type of rage and aggression at all.

---I figured they wouldn't (condone it, I mean). I don't think Krav Maga is a good fit for Amber at all, because aside from helping her keep her weight down, all it appears to be doing is giving her more effective ways to turn her hostility on others, which I'm sure was not the point at all. Yoga or something that doesn't involve fighting would be much better. Even running on an elliptical would work, as that is completely non-combative and would, I would think, tire her out enough to take an edge off.

I would think that Gary would indeed have some rights to possibly getting Leah if he were to take tapes of this epi to his attorney.

---I don't know that Gary's going to come off as a great placement either, but at least he wouldn't seem like a potential physical threat to Leah.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4072480;
    This episode was the first time I actually felt for Farrah. The death of anyone at such a young age is hard. I lost my father at eight, and it still scars me to this day. I hope she is growing up a little bit, and maybe she will straighten out. Her mother also seemed a lot less annoying.
    I thought the present Sophia's dad's sister gave her was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes. I don't necessarily think that his death contributes to her disrespect to her parents, but maybe it's what's making her so resentful? As much as I can't stand her sometimes now, I DO think she has the potential to grow out of it. However, I worry that she's missing some crucial bonding with Leah.

Maci and Ryan both seem also to have gotten on the right track. It was nice to see Ryan actually having a conversation with Maci that was nice. Perhaps he has seen himself on television, and not liked what he saw. For Bentley, I hope it lasts.
    I have not liked Maci much in the past few episodes, but I do have to give Ryan credit for apparently stepping up, finally. You know, for a lot of dads it does take until the baby is more like a little person and not just a baby for them to really get attached.

I was in tears for Leah. My stepdad was a yelling maniac like Amber, and it is scary. Everyone yells at or around their children, but to do it every single day with all that cussing, and now hitting is a scary thing for me to witness, I can only imagine how awful for Leah it is. She loves her father, and to see him abused is a horrible nightmare for her. Amber does not deserve that child at all, and Gary should seek full custody at this point.
    I feel that Amber not having any rights to Leah at all is pretty harsh. What I WOULD like to see happen is that Leah be removed from her care until she can prove that she's successfully completed anger management courses. After all, Amber has been nicer to Leah than Farrah has been to Sophia at times. But it is damaging to Leah to be around all that yelling.

Catelynn and Tyler are mature beyond their years. Some of the things that they say makes them wiser than a lot of people way older. I hope that they get the goals reached that they have set, and not fall back into caring for their parents. I think at this point it is probably a good thing Butch is in jail so that is one less useless parent these two have to watch over. Catelynn's mother is despicable, and I hope and pray that Nick gets some help out of there.
    I don't know how Catelynn got to be so mature, but Tyler must have gotten it from his mom, who was pretty good as I saw her.

FORT Newbie

Did anyone watch the aftershow thing on the MTV site? It is Amber and Gary discussing Amber's behavior. She needs some SERIOUS help and needs it now. She is saying how she hates herself, etc. Talks about how she is working on things, and Gary says one little thing, and she goes off on him, although not as bad as on the show. I really feel she is going to hurt Leah if she doesn't get a ton of help. Really a sad, sad situation. Especially after you see the pictures of Tyler and Catelynn's baby with her family, and then look at the conditions Leah is exposed to. Amber is a slob with a terrible anger issue and is lazy. And all this counseling she needs is presumably going to cost her a lot of money, so I don't know about that. Although she finds the money for her fighting (whatever it is called) somewhere, but can't buy sheets for Leah's bed, or, when she gets them, put them on. Very frustrating to watch this stuff and not be able to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by onmycell;4072871;
    Did anyone watch the aftershow thing on the MTV site? It is Amber and Gary discussing Amber's behavior. She needs some SERIOUS help and needs it now. She is saying how she hates herself, etc. Talks about how she is working on things, and Gary says one little thing, and she goes off on him, although not as bad as on the show. I really feel she is going to hurt Leah if she doesn't get a ton of help. Really a sad, sad situation. Especially after you see the pictures of Tyler and Catelynn's baby with her family, and then look at the conditions Leah is exposed to. Amber is a slob with a terrible anger issue and is lazy. And all this counseling she needs is presumably going to cost her a lot of money, so I don't know about that. Although she finds the money for her fighting (whatever it is called) somewhere, but can't buy sheets for Leah's bed, or, when she gets them, put them on. Very frustrating to watch this stuff and not be able to do anything about it.
    Amber
    Well there you have it, my mother, with her old Irish sayings when she told all of us growing up (and I posted it here earlier in the thread in re: Amber) that when we say mean things to people, it is really ourselves we (hate) or are mad at.

Amber has a mountain of issues she is dealing with and I have always found it interesting that Gary is the brunt of all of them. She is not mean or caustic to her girlfriends at all. Interesting how she can turn it on and turn it off.

That was disturbing to watch (to say the least). I really was amazed at Gary and his ability to not smack her back. He showed tons of restraint.

Amber lied completely to her girlfriends about Gary, stating he starts everything. That is so wrong and I so hope the girlfriends WATCH THIS EPI.

Amber is suffering with some real depression ... now Leah climbing on that end table, I realize is wrong but that is how you teach a child right from wrong. Not to scream at them and throw them in a SHEET-LESS crib with a bottle of BLUE water.

Catelynne, how did she think she was getting A's and B's ... I was not even sure if she even had a C on that RC. It appeared to be all D's. And what is up with their high school, where was the Guidance Dept working with these two kiddos in making sure they make graduation even if they needed to take some summer courses BEFORE their Senior year? I will say I have watched Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant from the beginning and I do not think I have seen either Catelynne or Tyler studying ever.

Maci
    So glad it appears that she and Ryan have worked out an arrangement with Bentley and visitation. Bentley is such an adorable little guy. Maci has done a wonderful job with him. He looks so much like Maci.

Farrah
    I had seen articles about the car wreck Derek was in and there was that one picture of Farrah and Derek together in the article and Sophia is Derek's clone. It was interesting when Farrah told Kassy that she sees Derek all the time when she looks at Sophia.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

[
    Catelynne, how did she think she was getting A's and B's ... I was not even sure if she even had a C on that RC. It appeared to be all D's. And what is up with their high school, where was the Guidance Dept working with these two kiddos in making sure they make graduation even if they needed to take some summer courses BEFORE their Senior year? I will say I have watched Teen Mom/16 & Pregnant from the beginning and I do not think I have seen either Catelynne or Tyler studying ever.

Trust me, having taught for many, many moons now, some students have a positively amazing ability to believe they will somehow manage to get final grades that are much, much higher than the individual grades they've been receiving throughout the course. They also seem to believe that they can screw up for an entire semester and somehow fix everything with an extra credit assignment or a rewrite. I don't know why they indulge in such magical thinking, but they do. I am surprised, however, that the guidance counselor explaining their post-high school options wouldn't have access to their files and know they wouldn't be graduating. On the other hand, it is also a bit unbelievable that Catelynn and Tyler themselves wouldn't be aware of the fact that they were several credits short of graduation. Obviously they knew that Catelynn had missed a lot of school during her pregnancy and that Tyler had messed up in the ninth grade, before he pulled himself together. They did seem to accept that they must make up that work and that they will graduate anyway, however. It's nice that they were mature about it after the initial shock and didn't just give up.

I felt really bad for Farrah last night, but it was nice to see that side of her. I had no idea she had such strong feelings for Sophia's father, I guess because she's never really talked about him before. On her episode of 16 and Pregnant I thought she said that she chose not to tell him about the pregnancy so I guess I assumed that meant she didn't like/love him or want to be in a relationship with him. I am glad she got together with Kassy, she seemed really nice and you could tell she just fell in love with Sophia. (and how cute was her daughter with all the hugs and kisses?) I hope they get together more often because I think it will be good for them as well as Sophia.

+ Reply to Thread