+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 121 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I sent an email to Dr. Drew via his agent, asking him to look into the Leah/Amber situation. I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4070775;
    I sent an email to Dr. Drew via his agent, asking him to look into the Leah/Amber situation. I hope it helps.
    Oh Debb, you are such an awesome person! Please let us know it Dr. Drew gets back to you.

I posted a few weeks back that I think he needs to look at April as well. She suffers with some intense depression. I really did not know the whole story about Butch and rehab/jail UNTIL April finally explained it all in the last epi. So she is really struggling with her own demons in having him arrested, lying to the police, off to rehab, violating the no contact, talking to him and now he is back in jail for an unknown amount of time. AND at the end of the day it appears Catelynne takes the brunt of her depression with all her swearing and just plain ugliness.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I truly wonder if MTV and the girls signed a deal that MTV would not interfere because all of them except Maci has had a situation that needed some intervention. Farrah left Sophia in the hallway by herself, let her burn her hand while unattended in a sink that she could have easily fell out of or drowned in, Nicholas is in a very bad situation with Butch and his mother and he is not safe. Catelynn takes the brunt of the heat, but if she ever leaves that kid is in serious trouble. Leah is just in a bad situation period. Her mother has some serious anger issues, and her father is just plain lazy. He needs to get a job, find a place of his own that is livable, and go for custody. Of the two, at least he seems to have some patience with his daughter.

If these people are making money off of being on the show, it is an injustice because they are all too young, and not utilizing their funds properly. Plus if MTV just does not interfere because of ratings, that is a shame, and three young lives are at risk here.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4071547;
    I truly wonder if MTV and the girls signed a deal that MTV would not interfere because all of them except Maci has had a situation that needed some intervention. Farrah left Sophia in the hallway by herself, let her burn her hand while unattended in a sink that she could have easily fell out of or drowned in, Nicholas is in a very bad situation with Butch and his mother and he is not safe. Catelynn takes the brunt of the heat, but if she ever leaves that kid is in serious trouble. Leah is just in a bad situation period. Her mother has some serious anger issues, and her father is just plain lazy. He needs to get a job, find a place of his own that is livable, and go for custody. Of the two, at least he seems to have some patience with his daughter.

If these people are making money off of being on the show, it is an injustice because they are all too young, and not utilizing their funds properly. Plus if MTV just does not interfere because of ratings, that is a shame, and three young lives are at risk here.

Could there be a non-interference contract, given that there are underage children involved (including some of the mothers--are they all over eighteen?)? I'm asking, because I honestly don't know. Depending on the state in which they're filming, might there also be issues with child labor laws? Different states have different laws regarding the number of hours chlldren are allowed to work and under what conditions they are allowed to work. Clearly, some of these kids have been left in dangerous situations. Even Bentley, who appears to be the best cared for (other than Carly), has been in left dangerous positions (e.g. Macy driving while severely distracted with him in the backseat; Ryan letting him operate that motorized toy ATV on his own, which he's a bit young to be doing iMO). He is, however, at far less risk than Sophia or Leah, who aren't in safe situations at all, because Farrah doesn't seem to know what is and isn't safe for Sophia, and Amber seems emotionally unstable and utterly unable to control her anger.

I think the driving scene is taped from a camera that is installed inside the car. I'm not sure of that.

The film crew of MTV does not have to report of get involved in stopping anything dangerous with the kids. You can watch a crime happen and not be held responsiblie, unless you come under one of the following circumstances:
    You have a duty to protect your child if you are a parent or caregiver. You have a duty to report child abuse if you are a teacher, doctor, psychiatrist, etc.

I know if I was there filming and saw Amber yelling, cursing, and hitting Gary in front of Leah, it would really upset me and I would probably call confidentially to child protective services to report it. Their boss doesn't have to know. All calls are confidential. There's plenty of proof on tv. I could not just watch Leah grow up in that hell hole.

Amber needs to get control of her rage issues. Gary may not be a prize, but he's not a mean & hateful person. I'll take lazy & dim over violent & hateful anyday! And my heart breaks for Leah because that precious baby deserves to grow up in a loving home. I really think Gary needs to take that baby & leave. Amber has shown far too often her propensity for violence, as well as verbal abuse. Who's to say that Leah won't be her next object of aggression?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Ugh watching Amber makes me sick to my stomach. She needs some better meds to control her anger. Gary did absolutely nothing to deserve getting smacked, punched and kicked by her. I really wish he would've called child protective services on her. I'm just glad he took Leah out of that house and to his Mom's.

FORT Fogey

This episode was the first time I actually felt for Farrah. The death of anyone at such a young age is hard. I lost my father at eight, and it still scars me to this day. I hope she is growing up a little bit, and maybe she will straighten out. Her mother also seemed a lot less annoying.

Maci and Ryan both seem also to have gotten on the right track. It was nice to see Ryan actually having a conversation with Maci that was nice. Perhaps he has seen himself on television, and not liked what he saw. For Bentley, I hope it lasts.

I was in tears for Leah. My stepdad was a yelling maniac like Amber, and it is scary. Everyone yells at or around their children, but to do it every single day with all that cussing, and now hitting is a scary thing for me to witness, I can only imagine how awful for Leah it is. She loves her father, and to see him abused is a horrible nightmare for her. Amber does not deserve that child at all, and Gary should seek full custody at this point.

Catelynn and Tyler are mature beyond their years. Some of the things that they say makes them wiser than a lot of people way older. I hope that they get the goals reached that they have set, and not fall back into caring for their parents. I think at this point it is probably a good thing Butch is in jail so that is one less useless parent these two have to watch over. Catelynn's mother is despicable, and I hope and pray that Nick gets some help out of there.

I'm pretty sure MTV has a no interference contract with anyone they film. I know Amber has a huge problem with anger and depression but Gary should have called the police and filed charges, maybe that would wake her up and make her get help. Hopefully she is already getting help. He was right to take Leah away from her too. That little girl is going to grow up with alot of problems if she grows up in that kind of environment.
    I don't like Farrah but I did feel sorry for her last night. She really is still grieving for Sophia's father and Sophia looks so much like him.
    It's too bad Catelynn can't get away from her mother but I understand why she stays. She probably feels she needs to take care of her mother and little brother because of all the problems her mother has.

I must have missed the latest episode. Was this the one where Amber hits Gary in the face? I'll try to catch it online. I'm not sure I can watch it though. It makes me so upset to see a child exposed to that. IF it was a man hitting a woman that way, I think women's groups and domestic violence groups would be up in arms about it. It would be big news. Since it's a woman who is the abuser, it doesn't get much attention. That is WRONG, any way you slice it. Total double standard.

Someone commented upthread about parents yelling in front of their kids. I must say that I was never exposed to that except for once or twice when I was 6 years old. My parents argued for about 1 hour, but I couldn't hear much because my mom turned up the stereo really loud. Even those two times upset me so badly that I got into the closet and covered my ears.

Other than those two times, my parents, grandparents and great grandparents, did not shout, yell or argue in front of me to this day! I stayed with my grandparents a lot when I was young. That was one thing about them that I loved. My parents have been married for 51 years!

+ Reply to Thread