+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 121 FirstFirst ... 24646566676869707172737475767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I'm a little late to the party....but want to add my 2 cents anyway.

Regarding custody - arrangements (joint/sole custody legally and physically) vary, and may differ in any number cases - married or otherwise. Hopefully Maci and Tyler get things worked out with Bentley's best interest in mind - and put on paper. (I've worked in domestic law for the past 20 years.....and if there is one bit of advice I can give: get everything in writing, regardless how amicable the split may be. I don't think Maci should take Bentley from his father. My ex and I agreed neither of us would leave the area (within 100 miles) so we could co-parent. My girls deserved that, as did their father.

I don't understand what the hell is going on with Amber and Gary. I haven't liked them from the beginning....and it just keeps getting worse. Amber needed to attend school for six hours a week to graduate high school - and that was too hard for her?? Wow. I feel for Leah. I am so tired of Amber playing the victim, and the yelling and whining has to go. It's time to man up, girl. You have a child now. Her temper is out of control. I don't like Gary, he is a lazy slob....but I have to give him credit for not hitting Amber back.

I had doubts about this show from the first season with regard to convincing America's teens that teen pregnancy is not a joke, nor is it easy. I still wonder if the demographic has been convinced. When I was a teen (and even now, unfortunately), my attitude was "but it will be different for me" and "I'm the one who can do it right."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4065481;
    Regarding custody - arrangements (joint/sole custody legally and physically) vary, and may differ in any number cases - married or otherwise. Hopefully Maci and Tyler get things worked out with Bentley's best interest in mind - and put on paper.

Ooopsie, I meant Maci and Ryan.

OMG, someone please take Leah away from Amber, all she's teaching her is yelling and violence. Amber has some serious anger issues she needs to get worked out. The way she went off on Gary for no reason at all was just completely uncalled for. I really thought she was going to punch him.

Ryan is an idiot, to say that Maci only thinks about herself is ridiculous. Maybe in this moving to Nashville situation she is thinking about herself, but Maci (from what we've been shown) always puts Bentely first. The same can't be said for Ryan. Ryan only thinks about himself.

FORT Regular

I've been watching the aftershows on MTV. com, the teen moms are talking about the previous episode. Lots of info not shown comes out on the show. Amber is seeing a therapist and a psychiatrist. She seems contrite with how she loses it on the show but she said she used to be even worse. Very sad. Apparently she got into physical fights. Maci is the only one not in therapy. And Maci says she and Ryan have worked it all out, and it is all on paper and signed. Apparently Tyler was not always the nice guy we are seeing now. Catelynn's pregnancy helped him grow up. He has been in and out of school since 4th grade, drinking, drugs and fighting. Now he is in a vocational hs, getting A's for the first time in his life. Through therapy he and Catelynn are moving forward.

FORT Fogey

Maci being happy is thinking about Bentley. The mother has to have some happiness in her life to provide that positiveness for the child. I think she must really love Kyle to be so forthright in her decision, and I hope it works out. She obviously loves her son a great deal, and unlike Ryan, has from the beginning.

I know this is a reality show, and maybe they sign something saying they will not interfere, but Leah is in danger. Someone needs to get that child out of that situation. The fact that Amber is already so violent, and is taking courses that teach you more violence is scary. I think that Gary may be ok if he gets away from her and gets his backbone back. He needs to go to court for custody, get a job, and put that beautiful girl first. Leah is a darling little girl, and you can tell that she is learning the yelling and screaming.

Farrah seems to be on the right track to growing up a little bit. She is still rather crass with her mother, but hopefully will get better and better. I know she wants to do things on her own and all, but I think she should allow her parents to help at least with things for Sophia and really make a big move to better her life. Working at a pizza place to provide is great that she is willing to do it, but how about going to school, and asking mom and dad to help with Sophia so that she can get off the roller coaster. You cannot be mature until you make a mature decision. It does not happen because you want it, you have to do it.

Catelynn and Tyler really need to move on with their lives. I say this over and over. They are both very guilt ridden and feel obligated to take care of their parents, and enough is enough. I think that they need to get an education far far away, but they will end up living with these loser parents forever and ever and sacrifice themselves. Thank goodness they got Carly out of there. Tyler has had a lot to deal with, and I am glad he is on the right track mature wise, but motivation wise he is not quite there yet.

I agree with what everyone is saying. If Maci is happy, then Bentley will be happy. Catelynn and Tyler need to move on. Farrah needs to grow up a little bit more and cork the attitude. And then there's Amber. I wish someone would step in and do something about that unhealthly environment that baby is growing up in. It's very sad.
    I think this has been discussed before but I wonder about money with some of these people. Catelynn's mom had money to go to Las Vegas but didn't have money for a lawyer. Amber doesn't work but has money for martial arts lessons. We've seen Farrah getting mani/pedi's with her baby and she bought a sewing machine she didn't know how to use but she says she can't pay her bills. I don't understand!

Quote Originally Posted by straycat80;4066713;
    I agree with what everyone is saying. If Maci is happy, then Bentley will be happy. Catelynn and Tyler need to move on. Farrah needs to grow up a little bit more and cork the attitude. And then there's Amber. I wish someone would step in and do something about that unhealthly environment that baby is growing up in. It's very sad.
    I think this has been discussed before but I wonder about money with some of these people. Catelynn's mom had money to go to Las Vegas but didn't have money for a lawyer. Amber doesn't work but has money for martial arts lessons. We've seen Farrah getting mani/pedi's with her baby and she bought a sewing machine she didn't know how to use but she says she can't pay her bills. I don't understand!
    Catelynn's mom might have had the money for the lawyer but there is no way she'd spend it on that. She does want to see Butch but she'd rather spend the 1,500 on herself, that's just how she is imo. Very selfish.

I think Amber lives off the money that she makes for doing the show, I'm pretty sure they all do actually, but I don't think the show wants them to come right out and say it. I think they still want them to seem like struggling teen moms even though I heard they get paid like 5 thousand or so for each episode. (I believe I read that on ONTD but if I need a better source I can edit this post)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Catelynn's mother....alcohol and cocaine.....or alcohol and crystal meth? Last night, I thought she looked a bit "meth-y" to me. She and Butch are co-dependent, to say the least.

Farrah sounds just like her mother when she talks. Guess who she's on her way to turning into?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CATELYNNE
    So April goes to Vegas for one week and yet she cannot come up with $1500 for an attorney. Hmm. From what I understand its April's fault he is in JAIL double whammy ... she was the one that called the police when they had their argument and then lied about it and is now trying to blame it on being drunk. Now ff to Butch going to rehab ... part of the arrangement was that Butch have NO CONTACT with April due to the violence early on and of course he violates that and calls her and she takes his call AND he was actually LIVING WITH HER when he went to rehab (do you all remember April dropping him off at rehab). Now he is taken from rehab and moved to jail as he violated the terms of his sentence. Ugh. They are a MESS. And all the while Catelynne and Tyler are getting their act together. Even Catelynne said to her "Mom, you should not be taking calls from him". Did you hear Tyler say his father has not been to any of his birthdays and one Christmas.

As nasty as April gets about Carly, I am so sure if Catelynne had kept Carly, April would spend all her time yelling at Catelynne to shut her up etc etc.

AMBER
    My son does KRAV MAGA;
    Krav Maga is an eclectic hand-to-hand combat system developed in Israel that involves wrestling, grappling and striking techniques, mostly known for its extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks, as it is also taught to elite special forces around the world.

I wonder why she choose that form of a workout? It is absolutely intense. AND it is very expensive. Where is she getting the money for that form of w/o? Also I noticed Gary has what appears to be a newer Van and Amber a newer Taurus?
    She is just so nasty. When people say mean things to people IT IS REALLY THEMSELVES THEY ARE ANGRY WITH ... my Mom used to say that to all 5 of us growing up. And I believe it is so true with Amber. She is DEPRESSED, simply put and really needs some medication before she does something to someone. My dvr stopped recording when Farrah's stove was on fire and on another message board someone posted that NEXT WEEK previews show Amber hitting or slapping Gary.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm concerned that Amber might hurt Leah when her temper gets short, not meaning to hurt her. It happens. I like to see Amber getting some of her negative energy out in the class, but she's got more than most. A part of me would like to see somebody whip her arse. She is out of control. She loves her baby, but I think she's dangerous.

Leah's going to have one of the worst potty mouths in kindergarten.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread