+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 122 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I'm sorry but I'm on Maci's side, Ryan is NOT a good father, his parents CLEARLY take care of Bentley when he is over at their house. It was their idea to take Maci to court, not Ryan's, Ryan does not speak for himself, he barely speaks! When he was at dinner with his friends and girlfriend they did all the talking and he just sat there eating chips and salsa

i'm with you. i don't have a problem with maci moving.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4062167;
    I'm sorry but I'm on Maci's side, Ryan is NOT a good father, his parents CLEARLY take care of Bentley when he is over at their house. It was their idea to take Maci to court, not Ryan's, Ryan does not speak for himself, he barely speaks! When he was at dinner with his friends and girlfriend they did all the talking and he just sat there eating chips and salsa

FORT Fogey

I finally saw the complete episode from this week this morning. Catelynn and Tyler are amazingly well-adjusted considering their situation, especially Catelynn. Tyler at least has a mother who appears to be fairly level-headed, despite having inexplicably married Butch, who doesn't seem a thing like her (perhaps she was a lot different when she was young but grew up when Butch didn't). It helps, I'm sure, that Tyler's mom is supportive of Catelynn as well and that they have a supportive adoption counselor and that Carly's parents are supportive too. When Carly's mom specifically complimented Catelynn on the necklace she had made for Carly, all I could think of was that Catelynn's mom would have told Catelynn it was a stupid gift for a baby. Obviously it wasn't meant for the baby now but for the future, to let her know that she wasn't given up for adoption because she wasn't loved but because she was loved. Macy is beginning to worry me. She's so head over heels about Kyle that she's failing to think things through as carefully as she has in the past. I agree that if she moves immediately before the court action would prevent her from moving that it only gives Ryan's lawyer ammunition. And as much as I don't like Ryan, he does have a point that she's moving Bentley away from his entire extended support system, since both sets of grandparents have been heavily involved in his life up to this point. Macy's parents made much the same point--and it's really Macy's support system as much as Bentley's. I was also a little surprised that she thought she could afford $800 plus a month in rent when she's going to be going to school and only working part time and paying for daycare. Finally, I was sad to hear her say that everything she does, including going to school, is for Bentley. I know that's an admirable sentiment, but I would like to think that she's going to school for herself too, that she's looking for a career that will allow her to support Bentley but that would involve doing something she enjoys and has a talent for too. Farrah is such a spoiled brat. I understand that she may be jealous of her mother's outpouring of affection for Sophia and Sophia's affection for her grandmother. I even get that her mother has problems of her own. But for heaven's sake, I seriously doubt they decided to screw up her birthday by having car trouble. I've had hoses go on my car, and it can happen very suddenly. Unless you're somebody who's constantly checking on your car, you may not be aware of the problem until it's too late. I'm also really tired of watching Farrah leave Sophia unattended in hallways, in sinks, on beds, on countertops etc. That kid is going to have a serious accident someday if Farrah doesn't start paying better attention to her. She's such a sweet-tempered baby, and Farrah seems so incapable of understanding what's involved in watching her carefully enough. I'm not suggesting she hover over her and be overly cautious, but c'mon....who leaves a year old baby on a countertop? Or in a sink? You don't have to have a child to know that. You just have to be reasonably alert. I can barely stand to watch Amber and Gary anymore. Amber whines constantly about absolutely everything and then has the nerve to say that Gary hasn't grown in the same way she has and that she doesn't want to "settle." Look, Gary may be no prize, but he may also be the only guy on the planet who would put up with her, precisely because her emotional age is about four. I have no idea why Gary tolerates her constantly berating him, unless his self-image is so low he believes he deserves it. I don't think he's particularly mature either, but he seems to be more concerned about Leah than Amber is. Poor Leah. I'm sure her crying and fussing would probably drive me up the wall too, but it's so patently apparent that she doesn't fuss when they show her at daycare or even with a complete stranger at that dance instruction center. Nor does she seem to fuss that much when she's with Gary alone. But the moment her parents start fighting or her mother starts whining, it sets her off. She's so obviously under too much stress that she's too young to handle that I'm very surprised it hasn't resulted in some health or behavioral issues. Of all the parents on the show, Amber makes me the most crazy. I can barely stand to hear her voice anymore, and I can't imagine what it's like for Gary and Leah to listen to it all day long. Living with her must be like constantly walking through a minefield, waiting for the next unexpected explosion of complaints. I also loved how she told Gary she would have to get up to tend to Leah, she couldn't just listen to her cry---but when it suits her, she can. Oh, and what's the deal with Gary and Amber having money to squander on things like dance lessons for a wedding reception (when they don't even have a wedding date yet) when other times, they can't seem to pay their bills? Those two just are so remarkably unprepared to deal with anything having to do with being an actual adult or parent.

FORT Fogey

Aargh! Sorry about the paragraphing screw up again. Why does the board always seem to do that with longer posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4062178;
    Aargh! Sorry about the paragraphing screw up again. Why does the board always seem to do that with longer posts?

I don't know, but it was good and worth reading anyway. You pretty much covered it all. Except for Caitlyn's mother who most agree is a very abusive person. Her young son needs to be saved. Can you imagine Amber and
    Caitlyn's mom in the same house? Now that would be a fair fight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4062192;
    I don't know, but it was good and worth reading anyway. You pretty much covered it all. Except for Caitlyn's mother who most agree is a very abusive person. Her young son needs to be saved. Can you imagine Amber and
    Caitlyn's mom in the same house? Now that would be a fair fight.
    Yeah, but I talked about Nicholas in a reply to someone else's post, so I didn't think I should rehash it again.

Catelynn's mom thinks Catelynn's an ungrateful bitch. I can only imagine what her reaction to the ranting, whining, self-absorbed Amber would be. I'd also like to see Catelynn's reaction to the way Amber and Farrah treat their daughters. I think she'd have a word or two for them as to how they could parent in the fashion they do, particularly with regard to how they both (but particularly Amber) scold and whine about their daughters crying or fussing when they don't have time for it. Honestly, I'm not a fan of whiny children either (and I don't know anyone who is), but Sophia seldom cries without reason and Leah cries simply because Amber is modeling that behavior for her and/or because she doesn't have any other way to relieve her stress. At any rate, Catelynn knows first-hand how it feels to be berated by a mother for no reason. I doubt she'd be terribly happy with watching other young mothers do the same to their children.

I finally got a chance to watch this weeks epi.

Amber - OH.MY.GOD. What a b!tch! I agree w/everything that's already been said here, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned how when Amber told Gary to get out, she proceeds to say to Leah "daddy's leaving us again!", taking no responsibility for being the one who told him to leave. Seeing Gary come & go constantly has got to be confusing for that baby. Amber is the one who is a brat. A miserable brat!

Farrah - Talk about ungrateful! Her parents, especially her mom, bend over backwards to help her out, & the way she thanks them is by being snotty & hateful. As someone else said, her mother can do nothing right in her eyes. Catelynn & Farrah should switch moms. I'd love to see April ream out Farrah. And Farrah acted like her parents planned for the car to break down or something! I can't believe the way she behaves & talks to her parents. She acts like it inconveniences her for them to even breathe!

Catelynn - glad they got to talk to Carly, Teresa, & Brandon. That was nice. I think it was good that April went away. I think it would have been far worse for Catelynn if April had been around that day.

Maci - oy! I think she's making a terrible mistake on so many levels!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I don't know, from what I've seen of Amber she has a temper. If she was put in a room with Catelynn's Mom she would probably slap the snot out of her like she did to Gary last season.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4062239;
    I finally got a chance to watch this weeks epi.

Amber - OH.MY.GOD. What a b!tch! I agree w/everything that's already been said here, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned how when Amber told Gary to get out, she proceeds to say to Leah "daddy's leaving us again!", taking no responsibility for being the one who told him to leave. Seeing Gary come & go constantly has got to be confusing for that baby. Amber is the one who is a brat. A miserable brat!

Yes, I forgot about Amber saying "Daddy is leaving us again.' Such a horrible thing to do to a child. She has no sense of right or wrong and no maturity at all. It's really pathetic. She is not fit parent IMO. Period.

As bad as Farrah is, she doesn't hold a candle to Amber IMO. I think that Farrah probably acted like a spoiled and disrespectful little brat from a young age. Her parents thought it was cute or were too scared or lazy to correct her and then one day she's teen Farrah and out of control with a huge sense of entitlement and no respect for her parents.

I hope Farrah's mom keeps that in mind with Sophia. As sweet as she is, if she is raised like Farrah, she ill turn out like Farrah. I cringe a little when I hear parents with bratty older kids talking to the little one saying princess this and princess that. Over indulgence is not a good thing and kids who don't learn manners and self control become very unhappy and frustrated adults. Mistakes with Farrah should not be repeated with Sophia.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4062239;

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4062328;
    Yes, I forgot about Amber saying "Daddy is leaving us again.' Such a horrible thing to do to a child. She has no sense of right or wrong and no maturity at all. It's really pathetic. She is not fit parent IMO. Period.

Remember everyone, we do not know anything at all about Amber's upbringing. Maybe this was all she saw growing up and as I said before THE.CYCLE.REPEATS.ITSELF. I am not defending Amber and her behavior one bit. But her whole personality to me screams "serious dysfunctional upbringing".

What blows my mind, is Catelynne, April is soooooo much like Amber, yet Catelynne had the sense to STOP the cycle and give her baby away before she would let her live in that trainwreck of a home.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread