+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Farrah obviously feels that her mother never loved her, and is jealous of her own daughter getting affection from her mother. These two need to fix themselves and their relationship before Sophia is going to have a healthy one with her grandmother. Farrah is going to grow to resent Sophia if this is not taken care of now.

Amber and Gary both are so immature and crude. I feel so for Leah. She needs a stable home so badly.

If we were all watched by television cameras we might be surprised what it shows, and how neglectful we all can be sometimes in the car and out. What Maci did is absolutely wrong and dangerous, but noone is mindful one hundred percent of the time.

Catelynn and Tyler need to get into a college together somewhere away from the mess. They need to get loans or whatever and get their life going after High School. They will be fine in time either together or apart. The one I am worried for is Catelynn's little brother. That child needs to be out of that environment.

I was so upset by the way Amber acted around Leah that I could barely sleep. Does she not understand that she is damaging that child with all her yelling and arguing? It's so crazy. The breakdowns that Leah is having is a big warning and cry for help. I hope someone answers.

Does anyone know the name of the county or state where Gary and Amber live?

FORT Newbie

Even though I have seen every episode of this show, I have never felt so compelled to post about the show. However, while watching the show (I had to DVR the show last night), I am so furious....
    Who does Amber think she is? I wish she would just leave Leah with Gary and go on. Who calls their child a brat? She is so selfish and thinks too highly of herself. Gary is working a job and does things for her. No, he is not perfect. No one is and no one at that age is. She does nothing but puts him down. What makes her better than Gary? What makes her think anyone else would want to be with her? I hope she watches herself on TV and sees how she come across.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4061153;
    Farrah obviously feels that her mother never loved her, and is jealous of her own daughter getting affection from her mother. These two need to fix themselves and their relationship before Sophia is going to have a healthy one with her grandmother. Farrah is going to grow to resent Sophia if this is not taken care of now. Amber and Gary both are so immature and crude. I feel so for Leah. She needs a stable home so badly. If we were all watched by television cameras we might be surprised what it shows, and how neglectful we all can be sometimes in the car and out. What Maci did is absolutely wrong and dangerous, but noone is mindful one hundred percent of the time. Catelynn and Tyler need to get into a college together somewhere away from the mess. They need to get loans or whatever and get their life going after High School. They will be fine in time either together or apart. The one I am worried for is Catelynn's little brother. That child needs to be out of that environment.
    All I meant to point out is that distracted drivers are just as dangerous as drunk drivers which is why cellphone use and texting are banned in many states. Imagine learning your loved one was killed by someone yapping on their cellphone instead of paying attention to what's in front of them on the road.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Regular

I wanted to double-slap both Amber and that spoiled little brat Farrah. Sadly, I am sure neither of them "get it" and think they are totally fine.
    Amber, Amber, Amber. Every time one little tiny thing doesn't go your way, you throw Gary out. "Get out of my house". If he is the only one with a job at the moment, maybe you should not throw him out every five minutes. Leah is an adoreable little girl who, sadly, as things stand now, I don't see a lot of hope for. Unless she turns out to be able to overcome her horrible surroundings like Catelynn and Tyler somehow have been able to do.
    Farrah. OMG. What a spoiled rotten B*tch. She needs years of counseling. And I just love that little girl. I have never been all that fond of Farrah's mother, but I felt bad for her yesterday. She was not going to do anything right, no matter what she did. I would boot her to the door and totally cut her off monetarily and with babysitting for a while. But I think the damage was done long before this on her part to make Farrah what she is today.
    Maci - I have always thought she was the most mature and most suited to be a teen mom (I feel stupid making that comment) but am not all that thrilled with the game playing she in partaking in now. Crappy move to rush into a life in a different city one day before the court wouldn't allow you. Not going to put her in a good light in the court's eyes. I know this, since I work in the court system. But, then again, I forget she is so young and has been acting mostly mature until now.
    Tyler and Catelynn - boy are they cute. I wish them so much success. And mom looked worse than ever. She looks like a skeleton with sunken eyes. Hope those two will try to save Catelynn's younger brother while there is still hope.
    I am done with my rant, but I found last night so disturbing on so many levels.

Onmycell,

Great post. I agree with you. I got very upset watching the yelling and negative talk in front of Leah. That child is stressed out and Amber is too dense to realize it and Gary is too chicken to do the right thing. That child does not need to be with Amber. She is harming that child. I hope someone who knows them and has half a brain reports them to protective services. IMO it's that bad.

Gary told his mom that he was afraid to leave Leah with Amber. SMART! So why doesn't he do something about it? Why does he mom and Amber's friend keep talking about them working it out. That is CRAZY. They both need serious therapy, parenting classes and separation from each other. I honestly think Amber is so dense that she will never wise up. Perhaps Gary can change with education and time. He's Leah's only hope.

If Dr. Drew does another reunion show and allows those two to sit there and not get on their case about their verbal abuse of each other and that child, I will scream! I would love to get them on Dr. Phil and let him explain how they are changing who Leah is on the inside. Those mean words are like a weapon on that little girls ears. If I were a family member, I would step and file something with the courts to intervene. That abuse has to stop!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4061235;
    Does anyone know the name of the county or state where Gary and Amber live?
    Amber Portwood, Anderson, Indiana.
    Gary Shirley, Anderson, Indiana.
    Leah Leann Shirley.

Last nights epi another mess for Gary and Amber. Gary has gotten so big. Amber just does not stop with the yelling. And by the previews it appears he is back to the apt AGAIN. I have never seen Leah so upset. Watching her on that mattress by that open window after Gary left ... I don't think Amber will hurt Leah (physically). Yes, I realize the screaming is very hurtful but I am guessing that Amber witnessed that while growing up and the CYCLE REPEATS ITSELF.

Farrah seems like such a brat to her Mom. I agree they have issues but it seems that Debra has chosen to not snap back at Farrah like she used to and Farrah just is so rude all the time to her.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

[

Catelynn and Tyler need to get into a college together somewhere away from the mess. They need to get loans or whatever and get their life going after High School. They will be fine in time either together or apart. The one I am worried for is Catelynn's little brother. That child needs to be out of that environment.[/QUOTE]

Catelynn's little brother Nicholas is amazingly sweet, considering what he's around so much of the time. When Catelynn and Tyler were discussing how it felt to know that Carly was turning a year old on Tuesday and Catelynn's mother had taken off, not even wanting to say happy birthday to her, he piped up that he would "go there" and wish Carly a happy birthday. Strangely, despite his surroundings, he seems to be more like Catelynn and Tyler than his mother--and I wonder what in the world his father is like that he was living with him and was suddenly returned to Catelynn's mom.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4061557;
    Amber Portwood, Anderson, Indiana.
    Gary Shirley, Anderson, Indiana.
    Leah Leann Shirley.

Last nights epi another mess for Gary and Amber. Gary has gotten so big. Amber just does not stop with the yelling. And by the previews it appears he is back to the apt AGAIN. I have never seen Leah so upset. Watching her on that mattress by that open window after Gary left ... I don't think Amber will hurt Leah (physically). Yes, I realize the screaming is very hurtful but I am guessing that Amber witnessed that while growing up and the CYCLE REPEATS ITSELF.

Farrah seems like such a brat to her Mom. I agree they have issues but it seems that Debra has chosen to not snap back at Farrah like she used to and Farrah just is so rude all the time to her.
    If they are from Indiana, why does Amber have such a country, hillbilly accent?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4062128;
    If they are from Indiana, why does Amber have such a country, hillbilly accent?
    Amber isn't from Indiana originally, is she? I thought in the episode where they went to Florida, Gary suggested going to Florida because that's where she was from originally.

I think it's difficult to tell what kind of accent Amber may or may not have, because her constant whining distorts her voice.

+ Reply to Thread