+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

gezzzzzzzzzz Josh's mother needs to quit harping on the fact that she had been preaching birth control to him since he was 10 yrs old...how many times is she gonna say it...okay we heard ya...but the baby is on the way and you need to deal with it.....and get over it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Thats what I was sayin! It doesnt matter WHEN you started teaching him, you have to deal with the here and now.

I hope they go back to some of these kids and see how they are down the road, thats something I would watch.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Just watched the Ebony's episode and feel so bad for her because I just don't see Josh growing up anytime soon even after joining the Air Force. He'll still want to continue to hang out and not be at home to help. I think Ebony should have been the one to join and let Josh go to college or something. She seems more responsible of the two. I think she might regret not being the one to join later on down the road if Josh doesn't grow up or they break up.

I swear, Josh was a total moron. He obviously cared about himself first, his friends second, the baby third, and Ebony fourth. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't together, to be honest.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Seriously? Josh? He couldn't handle high school three days a week? Boo hoo - the stress. No job, no bills, obviously no responsibility. I don't know what I would do if one of my daughters dragged that loser home. He was even too lazy to close his mouth to breathe or talk. He was disgusting. I don't get it. Ebony seemed rather grown up and responsible. What's wrong with these girls?

At least Farrah had sense to dump the daddy...
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3542567;
    Seriously? Josh? He couldn't handle high school three days a week? Boo hoo - the stress. No job, no bills, obviously no responsibility. I don't know what I would do if one of my daughters dragged that loser home. He was even too lazy to close his mouth to breathe or talk. He was disgusting. I don't get it. Ebony seemed rather grown up and responsible. What's wrong with these girls?
    Just watched this one over the weekend. I agree with all of the previous opinions regarding Josh. He was an immature dolt and I don't see him making even the slightest effort to mature and take on any responsibility. It really frustrated me that Ebony was the mature one and also the one who had to put off graduation so that Josh could graduate and was going to miss out on a lifelong dream so that Josh could take that path - I didn't even get the impression that it was all that important to him. In fact, nothing seemed all that important to that kid. I hope she dumps that loser and makes a better life for herself on her own. She definitely seemed to me like she might have the work ethic to pull it off.

On a side note, I had no idea that only one parent of a child was allowed to join the Air Force. Is this true of all branches of the military? I could have sworn I had heard of cases during the most recent conflicts where both parents had been sent to war and children were being raised by grandparents... Does this mean that people who are single parents cannot join at all?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3546167;
    Just watched this one over the weekend. I agree with all of the previous opinions regarding Josh. He was an immature dolt and I don't see him making even the slightest effort to mature and take on any responsibility. It really frustrated me that Ebony was the mature one and also the one who had to put off graduation so that Josh could graduate and was going to miss out on a lifelong dream so that Josh could take that path - I didn't even get the impression that it was all that important to him. In fact, nothing seemed all that important to that kid. I hope she dumps that loser and makes a better life for herself on her own. She definitely seemed to me like she might have the work ethic to pull it off.

On a side note, I had no idea that only one parent of a child was allowed to join the Air Force. Is this true of all branches of the military? I could have sworn I had heard of cases during the most recent conflicts where both parents had been sent to war and children were being raised by grandparents... Does this mean that people who are single parents cannot join at all?
    I'm not sure about other branches, but the Air Force recuriter pretty much sumed it up for those who are non prior service recruits with dependents not being able to join. One can join if their dependent child is in someone else's custody, but they must sign a form basically saying they won't retry to gain custody after enlisting. Yes they do send both parents on deployment at times, but most likely they had their kids after joining the Air Force.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3546303;
    I'm not sure about other branches, but the Air Force recuriter pretty much sumed it up for those who are non prior service recruits with dependents not being able to join. One can join if their dependent child is in someone else's custody, but they must sign a form basically saying they won't retry to gain custody after enlisting. Yes they do send both parents on deployment at times, but most likely they had their kids after joining the Air Force.
    Thx for the info sweet_lady! For some reason I didn't think about couples who had children after their enlistment in the armed forces. While I find it honorable that they try to avoid potentially orphaning a child by instituting this policy, it seems odd to me that they would still deploy both parents in cases where a child was born after their enlistment. Oh well, I guess it wouldn't be the first time bureaucracy didn't make complete sense!

Yes, Josh appears to be an immature, unmotivated, loser! It appears that he doesn't do anything unless forced by his parents. Very lazy.

The boyfriend in the previous episode (Amber's story ~ can't remember the boyfriend's name) seemed like he will be a good dad. He was active in helping with the baby & seemed to get more responsible as the episode went on. I think though, that part of that is because, unlike all of the other episodes so far, this guy is not a teenager, he is an adult, so he's slightly more mature & beyond all of the drama that goes with being in high school.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread