+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 121 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879119 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I feel so bad for Catelyn. She seems like a nice enough girl and her mom is just about the biggest B ever, Carly is so lucky she's not there. I'm glad that Catelyn at least has Tyler to talk to about stuff but they don't even seem as close as they were during the first season and their 16 and Pregnant episode. I think I'm going to start praying for her.

Maci has always been my favorite; she always seemed like the most mature and responsible of the bunch. I have been pretty disappointed with her lately. I know that we are only shown an edited portion of what really happens, and I know she says that she and Kyle have been "best friends for years", but it really seems like she's rushing this whole moving thing. I hope everything works out for little Bentley.

I have never liked Farrah. When I read the story about her mom hitting I kind of felt like she had it coming, she was just so unnecessarily mean to her parents and she seemed to be a horrible mother in her 16 and pregnant episode. My opinion of her has changed a bit during this season. I still don't like the complaining but she seems to be growing up - I hope that she and her mom and work everything out.

Amber and Gary are so just ridiculous now. How many times are they going to break up? Or get engaged? lol They just need to break up for good, there is no way they'll ever be happy together.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4057382;
    Don't watch like I use to, but how old is Kyle and what does he do?

according to the US Weekly article Kyle is 22 and a Coca Cola Merchandiser.

i was so glad that Farrah's counselor called her out on the way she's acting!

I can't stand Catelynn's mom. What a nasty beeyotch. I can hardly believe how hateful she is to her daughter, but then she was even hateful to Catelynn's friend. What a piece of trash. I have no respect for that woman.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Okay, how is it that Catelynn's Mom drives a BMW?!

Caitlyn's mom is so cruel that it defies reason. Her treatment of her daughter is very abusive. People like her are toxic. You cannot have a relationship with them because of their meaness. I hope Caitlyn can escape one day and be with normal people who don't treat her poorly. I know she loves her mom and wants to have a good relatiohship, but you can't do it with some people. I hope she realizes that and doesn't spend her entire life trying to fix her mom. There are cases where you have to cut the connection just to stay sane yourself.

FORT Fogey

I don't cut Catelynn's mom any slack for her behavior at all, but I do wonder why she behaves that way. I also wonder how old she actually is. My guess is she is actually much younger than she appears to be.

My hunch is that Catelynn's mom has had a very hard life. I don't know if that's entirely the result of her own choices or if, perhaps, she was parented, or, rather, mis-parented, in way similar to the way in which she treats Catelynn. Again, I don't think that would excuse her treating her daughter so terribly, but perhaps it would help explain why she seems to be so emotionally immature and angry all the time.

And I do feel that while it's natural for Catelynn to want to have a decent relationship with her mother, it may not be possible unless her mom gets some help working out her own issues first--and I do worry for Catelynn's little half-brother dealing with that situation. I also think it's fortunate Catelynn seems to have other adults (Tyler's mom, the adoption counselor) in her life who are there for her and whom she's smart enough to go to when she needs help. I think it's good, too, that these adults are women, as they can model better options for Catelynn, who I hope does not go down the same path as her mother. It does look like she won't at this point, because she has already made a very mature decision for Carly.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4057682;
    that was a way old BMW.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LOL, that stuck out to me too!

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;4057682;

and let's not forget that her mom is more than likely a cokehead as well . . . . cocaine does streange things to your mood/emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4057690;
    Caitlyn's mom is so cruel that it defies reason. Her treatment of her daughter is very abusive. People like her are toxic. You cannot have a relationship with them because of their meaness. I hope Caitlyn can escape one day and be with normal people who don't treat her poorly. I know she loves her mom and wants to have a good relatiohship, but you can't do it with some people. I hope she realizes that and doesn't spend her entire life trying to fix her mom. There are cases where you have to cut the connection just to stay sane yourself.

I have been observing Caitlyn's mom's behavior and mannerisms. It looks very off if you know what I mean. I have no proof, so I can't accuse her of doing anything other than being verbally abusive, but check out her sunken in face and eyes. She looks strung out most of the time. And why do you think she is so upset that her boyfriend is in the rehab? I suspect he provides her with more than rent money and that is why she is climbing the walls.

I also suspect that her mother was horribly abused by parents, siblings or husbands. I think it is likely that she was treated the same way she is treating Caitlyn. I know it doesn't make sense, but it often works that way. She does know better, she just choses to stay that way. Honestly, I don't know if she would really care if Caitlyn walked away and never saw her again. She's just that cold.

+ Reply to Thread