+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 122 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4055577;
    One thing these girls never think about, and nobody can tell them so that they will listen, is that when they decided to have babies with these guys, that they are probably stuck with the guys in their lives for the next 18 years, at least, whether they like him or not. Farrah's case is a rare exception.
    I saw reruns of some of the shows in the gym this afternoon. It struck me that Maci was concerned about meeting Ryan's girlfriend and about him following rules she'd set up for Bentley (like no pacifier), but so far as we know, he still hasn't met Kyle, nor does he know that she's planning on moving to Nashville. Seems to me that whatever she thinks of Ryan, if she wants him to introduce her to his girlfriend, then she ought to introduce Kyle to him. In addition, the move is a much bigger deal than the pacifier; he should be kept in the loop, whether Maci likes him or not, so that they can work out the custody situation without ending up in court.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Honestly, I think court is the smarter way to go for people who are raising children, but not together. It takes a lot of the question/guesswork out of the equation and, hopefully, will not allow one parent to get an unfair deal. I am a big fan of sole custody, for the sake of the child, so as to avoid confusion of the child, but I also believe in liberal visitation as long as it is safe.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Well, psychologically, a joint custody situation, as long as the setup is clear, isn't any more confusing to a child, and is actually healthier in a lot of situations because it's less likely to lead to a control struggle. Besides, if the parents aren't feuding, what's the point of only one parent having a say? You can not want to be married to someone and still respect them as a parent. The kids I know who have parents who have a joint-custody situation that's very clear (with mom during the week and every other weekend during the year, with dad one night a week and every other weekend or some variant) are wayy better off than the ones who technically live with just their mom but go to their dad's, but mom has control over that so if she's mad at dad that can change.... it's just better to have it spelled out in a joint-custody situation. Plus it gives both parents equal opportunity to parent, equal rights as to medical situations, schooling decisions, etc. Joint custody doesn't mean they have to be with each parent equally. That's just my opinion, though.

I thought Ryan giving Bentley a pacifier because he fell was not that big a deal. It looked to me like Maci just cut the pacifier off, when really it's better to go from all the time, to only sometimes, to only at bedtime, until he just doesn't need it anymore.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If there is joint custody, then the courts have already been involved, I would think. Custody had to be decided, somehow.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Yeah.... what's your point? Sole custody involves courts too... Court, in and of itself, isn't the problem.

From the articles I have read about Maci's situation, Ryan does not provide care for Bentley. His mother does. I think that Ryan has a long way to go to prepare himself to be a parent. He has many things to explain to a judge such as: his emotiona and verbal abuse of Maci, refusal to help with the care of Bentley, immature attitude and behavior with his buddies, disrespect for Maci and his own parents, refusal to maintain employment, poor role model for Bentley. Maci also had to take legal action to get child support. That doesn't look good for a parent.

Did you catch his girlfriend making inappropiate comments to Bentley about him wanting to be with his dad and not his mom when they were returning Bentley in the car? I realize he may be too young to understand the words now, but those tactics are HORRIBLE things to do to kids with split parents. It's never okay. It shows how ignorant you are regarding a child's feelings.

Maci has many great qualities, but what on earth was she doing driving while talking on the phone and taking her other hand completely off the steering wheel while on the highway!!!!!! That was so crazy. I hope she knows that could really hurt her in court. Bentley was in the back seat! There is no excuse for that and she should know better.

OMG Caitlyn's mother is such an evil person. The way she talks to her daughter is just so mean. I have to give it to Caitlyn, if that we're me, I'd have to say something back. I'm so glad Carly isn't being raised around her. And smoking really is a disgusting habit and that's fine if you want to smoke, but don't do it around your kids. The way she just puffs away in the car with the windows up with Caitlyn and her friend in the car, or in the house with the little toddler around is just wrong.

I think Farrah is only trying to make up with her mother because she needs money.

Ryan really is a piss poor father and it seemed to me that its his parents are pushing him to get more time with Bentely so they can see him more, not Ryan wanting more time. And his girlfriend really needs to stay out of the situation w/Bentely and keep the comments to yourself.

Gary and Amber really need to break it off for good and what the hell was up with Gary's friend saying all that bs about Gary needing to spend time with Amber and go out with her and her friends. Gary's a moron for listening to him.

FORT Fogey

Maci has many great qualities, but what on earth was she doing driving while talking on the phone and taking her other hand completely off the steering wheel while on the highway!!!!!! That was so crazy. I hope she knows that could really hurt her in court. Bentley was in the back seat! There is no excuse for that and she should know better.[/QUOTE]

OMG I'm so glad someone else noticed that--it scared me to death. It wasn't like it happened just once either. Both her hands were constantly off the steering wheel as she had her phone in one hand and was wiping tears away and/or gesturing with the other one. I was so relieved when she pulled over to give herself time to pull herself together. That was really a huge advertisement as to why talking on a cell phone while driving is not a great idea (or why hands-free sets should always be used in the car). I realize she was very upset and probably not thinking clearly, but I hope someone from production warns her that she had both her hands off the steering wheel a lot and that that's really dangerous, whether Bentley was in the backseat or not. Even if he hadn't been there, if she'd been badly hurt in an accident, imagine how that would turn his world upside down.

it was clear why ryan is the way he is after watching this episode.

gary really is a moron. i am beginning to think he may b a little "slow".

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;4057190;
    OMG Caitlyn's mother is such an evil person. The way she talks to her daughter is just so mean. I have to give it to Caitlyn, if that we're me, I'd have to say something back. I'm so glad Carly isn't being raised around her. And smoking really is a disgusting habit and that's fine if you want to smoke, but don't do it around your kids. The way she just puffs away in the car with the windows up with Caitlyn and her friend in the car, or in the house with the little toddler around is just wrong.

I think Farrah is only trying to make up with her mother because she needs money.

Ryan really is a piss poor father and it seemed to me that its his parents are pushing him to get more time with Bentely so they can see him more, not Ryan wanting more time. And his girlfriend really needs to stay out of the situation w/Bentely and keep the comments to yourself.

Gary and Amber really need to break it off for good and what the hell was up with Gary's friend saying all that bs about Gary needing to spend time with Amber and go out with her and her friends. Gary's a moron for listening to him.

FORT Fanatic

Don't watch like I use to, but how old is Kyle and what does he do?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

+ Reply to Thread