+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 120 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4042034;
    I do not feel sorry for Farrah for getting duped. Sometimes, we need a hard lesson to show us that we are not "the sh/t". I think it will be only for her good.
    I don't feel too bad either. If she had stopped to think about it for more than a couple of seconds she would have realized the whole situation didn't make any sense, of course it was a scam!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4041717;
    ...When (Gary) said that, I wondered what in the world they paid for their television set. I've never spent a couple of months in Florida, but unless they were planning on sponging off relatives for lodging, babysitting, food etc., it would have to be costly.
    I did, too, as I watched them on my $235 Vizio from Wal-Mart.

And yes, during the failed Easter Dinner, The drama started when Amber brought up her plans for a Destination Wedding, saying they would "help" the families attend by having everyone stay with the relatives in Florida.

Gary's brother, I guess? apparently doesn't get along with those relatives, and didn't want to stay with them, nor did he want to stay at the same place as Amber's parents, and the ensuing hilarity is history.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4041924;
    ...(Farrah) needs family or some type of deep personal support...she wouldn't have gotten scammed. Someone would have told her that something aint right...
    Someone might even have told her that if you're already struggling to pay the car note you've and support your 1 year old, maybe buying a fancier car because you want a sun roof is not as brilliant an idea as it might seem...

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4041924;
    ...maybe Maci should have made the introduction in a surrounding familiar to Bentley...
    I've heard/read that from a lot of people. And I can understand the reasoning there, but I'm speculating that in case Kyle's presence, and/or seeing his mom show him affection, etc, was something Bentley wasn't ready for, she wanted him to still be able to feel safe in his home, and not associate it with anything that had made him feel insecure or frightened.

I gave Kyle major props for the ball gambit. That shows that he at least knows Rule One of Toddler Appeasement - if they're displeased, distract them with something that does please them!

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4042646;
    ...tyler and catelynn. i'm over them now....i think i am ready for them to go their separate ways.
    Oh, well, Confession Time again. I may be a jaded and grumpy old curmudgeoness, but I am also an incorrigible hopeless romantic.

I know it's extremely unlikely that high school sweethearts really are the Love of each others' lives.

I'm the first one to bleat on about how young people to take their time, and enjoy picking all the lovely flowers in the garden until they are old enough to know who they are, and thus have a popsicle's chance in hell of knowing at whom they will want to be looking when they wake up the day after their wild and crazy 97th Birthday Bash.

Nevertheless, I unabashedly want Catelynn and Tyler to be the Grand Exception and grow old together, and live happily ever after, more in love at 97 than they are at 17.

I think the chances of that happening might be improved, or even depend on, them taking some time to grow and develop as individuals, and get some "space" between their respective and collective emotional motherboards and the sturm und drang of teen parenthood.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

Have you seen the recent US Weekly magazine? It has Farrah and Maci on the cover holding Sophia and Bentley. They look great. The cover reads: Inside their Struggle-Teen Mom and underneath is says Farrah talks for the first time about the death of Sophia's dad, Maci find her Mr. Right but still feuds with her ex, Catelynn and Tyler set a wedding date. There are articles on all of them inside. I won't divulge too many details.

Farrah reveals that she is getting more help from her parents now with Sophia. (No surprise.) She is excited because when she gets her associate's degree, she plans to move to a new city with Sophia and open her own restaurant! I'm not sure how she can hardly manage getting her associate's degree while her parents help with Sophia, but she thinks she can finance, own and operate a new restaurant in a strange city where she knows no one. LOL. I swear the girl is clueless. She doesn't forget to blame her mother for cutting off contact with Sophia's dad before his death.

There is a great photo of Amber inside in which she looks very skinny. They say a size 1! Something about that is odd to me. She says she is no longer working at the tanning salon because it was too stressful. She plans to do something she loves and wants to work as a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTER. That's right a fighter. LOL She got that right. Don't you just love it!

Maci holds nothing back when describing what a sorry excuse of a dad Ryan is with Bentley. Ryan's mother does it all. Ryan is not really involved as a dad. Great article about her.

Catelynn and Tyler will be on the show with their baby soon. Can't wait for that.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4043802;

There is a great photo of Amber inside in which she looks very skinny. They say a size 1! Something about that is odd to me. She says she is no longer working at the tanning salon because it was too stressful. She plans to do something she loves and wants to work as a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTER. That's right a fighter. LOL She got that right. Don't you just love it!

/
    At first, I figured Amber did something drastic and dangerous for her rapid eight loss, such as hormone injections, phentermine or some other crazy perscription, but this MMA thing totally makes sense.

I have seen several people lose A LOT of weight and stay in shape by joining boxing gyms. They say it's addictive and it keeps the body tight. Good for Amber. But quitting a tanning salon because it's too stressful? Oh Geez. That bitch crazy!!!

Maci is still #1, Farrah still a brat!

I've seen several stories quoting Amber as attributing her weight loss to dietary changes - and Krav Maga.

Nevertheless, if once her stint on Teen Moms is over for good, if she should happen to appear in commercials for a diet industry product, my reaction will be one of thundering lack of amazement.
    One man's conspiracy is another man's business plan.

FORT Fogey

Catelynn and Tyler set a wedding date.

---I hope they're setting it a ways into the future. They're both so very young yet for marriage.

I'm not sure how she can hardly manage getting her associate's degree while her parents help with Sophia, but she thinks she can finance, own and operate a new restaurant in a strange city where she knows no one. LOL. I swear the girl is clueless. She doesn't forget to blame her mother for cutting off contact with Sophia's dad before his death.

---It's the "I'll sell my car on the internet!" attitude all over again. I'm sure she's never even bothered to look into the failure rate of new restaurants and wouldn't unless she was on the verge of bankruptcy, because that's when it would seem "real" to her. I also can't imagine anyone her age starting a restaurant without investors. Who is going to believe in her business acumen enough to lend her money? She doesn't even know where to sign a check!

--I think she's too tall to be a size one. As for being mixed martial arts fighter, I don't see her so much as a fighter as a whiner. I picture her going into a bout, taking a punch or a kick from an opponent, immediately bursting into tears, and saying, "You never told me you were going to hit me that hard! That's not fair! I wasn't ready. You (and Gary) don't care about my feelings at all! Never propose a match-up to me again!"

Maci holds nothing back when describing what a sorry excuse of a dad Ryan is with Bentley. Ryan's mother does it all. Ryan is not really involved as a dad. Great article about her.

---Ryan's not an involved dad? What a shock. The look on his mother's face when she scooped Bentley up after he whacked his mouth on that coffee table pretty much said it all.

Catelynn and Tyler will be on the show with their baby soon. Can't wait for that.[/QUOTE]

---That reunion will be sweet--but it will be oh so hard to watch them say goodbye to Carlie again.

FORT Fogey

But quitting a tanning salon because it's too stressful? Oh Geez. That bitch crazy!!!

---I'm sure any customer complaints at all would turn Amber into a crying, whining pile of self pity. I doubt that girl has a future in retail or any field that involves dealing with the public.

I do wonder how she's had the time and money to do all that mixed martial arts training. Given the amount of weight she's lost, she must have done quite a bit of it. Who's watching Leah while she's training? Gary? Come to think of it, if she's any good at mixed marital arts, maybe that's why he's so quick to give in when she whines. He's afraid she'll coldcock him.

Actually, as a career move, mixed martial arts might not be that bad an idea for Amber. She's already got the professional persona established for her--she's the girl people want to see some sense slapped into by someone.

Maci is still #1, Farrah still a brat![/QUOTE]

--And Bentley is still a lucky kid (as is Carlie) and, sadly, Sophia and probably Leah are still at risk.

FORT Fogey

There's an article on Maci in Teen Vogue that indicates she's working on a journalism degree and is thinking about writing a book about her experiences as a teen mom. Didn't someone here suggest she do that? She's also going to high schools and talking to teenage girls about how tough it is to be a teen mom and how they should stick to their guns if they've decided not to have sex yet. She was a virgin before she started dating Ryan, and they'd only been together four months when she realized she was pregnant. What I found particularly encouraging were the literally hundreds of comments from readers, whom I assume are largely teenagers themselves, who thought of Maci as the best mom on the show and/or had stories of their own to share about how tough it is to be a teen mom and how it's important to use protection if you decided to have sex. And that's it's perfectly okay, no matter what anybody else says, to decide you're not ready for sex yet.

NPR has also done a piece on Teen Mom. Part of the funding for the show comes from a group (I forget the name) that makes DVDs of the show--and 16 and Pregnant--available for free to schools and other groups working with at risk teens. Apparently the show works really well for generating discussion about sex and teen parenthood, because it isn't perceived as "preachy" by the teenage viewers but just has the moms--and in some cases, the dads-- tell in their own words what it's like to be teenage parents.

I really would love to know how many teens in those schools/groups rolled their eyes over how stupid Farrah was about the whole car sale scam.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that teen moms have been here, almost, since time began, and they will continue no matter how much we disapproved and try to tell them it's not a good idea. This is nothing new. They've looked at their friends' lives for years and years... and still it continues. It's sad, but it's life. It's nature.

"Because it's never going to happen to them...."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I know this may be difficult to believe, however, there are teens from my hometown, who I believe, look at those teen moms and think they have a pretty good life. This includes Amber and Farrah. Regardless of how an average person might view the teen moms who have no real income, no educational aspirations, or little if any chance to improve their economic situation, some teens think their life looks pretty good. That's the sad part of it. To some teens, having a boyfriend to argue with is a plus. LOL

+ Reply to Thread