+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 121 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

[QUOTE=Debb70;4 I guess Maci will see how it really works. I know she may want her independence, but living with single girls who are partiers, is not condusive to a home for a child.[/QUOTE]

Is Maci going to live with her friends who are going to college? I thought she was just visiting them. At one point, I know she and some friends thought about renting a house together, but I thought they had decided against that.

FORT Fogey

This week, his sign of being more mature than Amber consisted of reflecting that they could stay a couple of months in Florida for what they paid for their TV.

When he said that, I wondered what in the world they paid for their television set. I've never spent a couple of months in Florida, but unless they were planning on sponging off relatives for lodging, babysitting, food etc., it would have to be costly.

FORT Fan

She should have known better. The fact that she asked the banker if the check was a scam proves that she knew something was fishy. She deserved to get duped...especially because she got had by one of the oldest internet scams in the book. The situation also proves that she needs family or some type of deep personal support. If her mom/family or any friends were around, she wouldn't have gotten scammed. Someone would have told her that something aint right.

On another note, Sophia is a GREAT baby. She is adorable and hardly gets fussy. My heart sank when little Sophia was playing on the balcony while Farrah was in the next room. YIKES!

I am also happy to see Maci coping so well. She would become a millionaire if she wrote a book with advice for teens on being a mother. She is mature, well-adjusted and only has Bentley's best interest at heart. I am also happy that her boyfriend didn't smother Bentley when Bently was uncomfortable. He let Bentley discover him slowly and they became fast friends. Kudos for Maci! However, I do agree that maybe Maci should have made the introduction in a surrounding familiar to Bentley. However, that baby is so suave and well-adjusted (thanks to a good mom), he get along fine!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I do not feel sorry for Maci for getting duped. Sometimes, we need a hard lesson to show us that we are not "the sh/t". I think it will be only for her good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4042034;
    I do not feel sorry for Maci for getting duped. Sometimes, we need a hard lesson to show us that we are not "the sh/t". I think it will be only for her good.
    Do you mean Farrah? She's the one who ended up caught in an internet scam.

I also agree that Sophia seems like an amazingly good baby considering that her household/family isn't exactly stable.

Oh, and when Kyle let Bentley come to him at his own speed and in his own time, I couldn't help but be reminded of an uncle of mine to whom children, including me, were instantly drawn. When I was in my twenties and at a cousin's wedding, several women were practically suffocating a little boy with attention, and he was having none of it. But he went to my uncle almost instantly and was extremely happy with him, even though he'd never met him before. I noticed that and asked him why. First, he said it was because all little kids recognized a grandpa, but I pointed out that the women who were trying to make friends with the boy were all grandmas, but he didn't go to them the way he went to my uncle. Then he said what most people forget is that adults can be scary to a little kid, just because they're so much bigger, so it's better to just smile and let the kid know that you're willing to be friends, but to let the kid decide when he/she wants to come to you. I've always remembered that, and it generally works.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thanks for catching my "oopsie!"

I remember a nephew-in-law whom I had never met toddled over and kissed me on my nose...holding my face with both hands...when I plopped down onto the floor. The other adults were sitting in chairs and talking over his head.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-19-2010 at 12:09 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OMG, you took all the words right out of my mouth . . . . except for maybe tyler and catelynn. i'm over them now. tyler seems to be a bit of a whiny brat these days. i think i am ready for them to go their separate ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4041113;
    I just finished watching this week's episode, and I'm beginning to believe they should rename the show, "Teen Mom: The Most Exhausting Hour on TV."

I know we were supposed to feel sorry for Farrah at the end of the episode, and I suppose I felt a little bad for her, but really....she referred to when she used to be immature. Used to be? She doesn't know where to sign a check! How could you not know that--and even if you didn't, how hard would it be to figure out? She doesn't realize that you need to check the validity of a check for a huge on-line purchase BEFORE you go through with the rest of the deal--and certainly before you send any money to the purchaser. She doesn't know better than to leave a squirmy one year old on a bed unattended and walk out of the room. Did anyone not know that Sophia was going to fall off that bed the moment Farrah left the room? Anyone besides Farrah, I mean. Oh, and she takes a baby out in the rain without a jacket or a diaper bag. Who does that? She just seems so completely unprepared for life I'm surprised she can make it through doors and around corners.

I don't know that Caitlynn and Tyler have much of a chance to make it as a couple, but fortunately, if they, like many people their age, do end up going their separate ways, Carlie will not be in the middle of their mess. Those two have their problems, but they do have enough flashes of maturity that I think in the long run, they will grow up to be okay, especially since they're willing to ask for the support they can't always get at home from appropriate counselors. I do think Tyler's mom was right about pointing out that his dad failing to make good on promises may be one reason Tyler has a particularly hard time with anyone he cares about not telling the truth. Not that most people wouldn't have a problem with it, but it's especially difficult for Tyler to handle.

Maci is just doing such a good job of stepping up to the plate as a mom and balancing what she wants to do with what Bentley needs that she's the show's one consistent bright spot. Loved her laying it all on the line for Kyle and making it clear to him that she and Bentley are a package deal and that because Bentley can't be having people walk in and out of his life that anyone she gets involved with has to be mature enough to make a commitment. Better she should scare Kyle right up front than find out later he can't handle it. For his part, Kyle did a pretty good job of handling all that. He even changed a diaper, though it clearly wasn't something he was used to doing. I also liked that he gave Bentley some time to hide in the corner and gradually got him to come out by playing ball with him. Honestly, it made sense that Bentley was a little apprehensive. This unfamiliar guy who had to look like a giant to Bentley comes in, gives his mom a huge hug, and then plunks himself down next to her, while she insists he come out and meet the incredible hulk. It had to be kind of scary for a little guy. By the way, I couldn't help noticing how generally happy Bentley seems to be. Even when Maci thought he was "freaking out" in the little race car, he was so much more even-tempered than the ever crying Leah. Gee, think it could be that he has a more stable home life?

Speaking of Leah....is it just me or does anyone else want to reach through the screen and shake some sense into Amber? Gary bothers me too, but she really bugs me, because she's constantly creating drama and berating Gary or anyone else who happens to cross her path. Yes, what Gary's brother said at the dinner table wasn't very nice, but just let it go. Sometimes people are going to say stupid, rude things that it's better that you don't react to immediately. Amber reacts in a huge way to everything and never, ever sees that her behavior may make it very hard for others, including Gary, to be around her. No matter what anyone says, she picks it apart to make it an enormous insult directed at her. I also couldn't believe the condition of their apartment. They actually went off on vacation to Florida and left a bathtub full of water behind. Who does that? Believe me, I'm not a neat freak. Far from it. But I have never, ever "forgotten" to drain the tub after a bath, and unless I suddenly have to pack a bag and take off because it's an emergency, I straighten up the house before I leave to go out of town, just so I don't have to come home to a mess. I couldn't help noticing this week that Leah watches those two and when they start to fight, she tenses up. I don't think it's coincidental that she's fussier than, say, Bentley. I think her parents are making her anxious, because she never knows when the next emotional explosion is going to occur.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4042646;
    OMG, you took all the words right out of my mouth . . . . except for maybe tyler and catelynn. i'm over them now. tyler seems to be a bit of a whiny brat these days. i think i am ready for them to go their separate ways.

Oh, I'm not especially enamored of watching Caitlynn and Tyler either, but they bother me less, because they seem capable of showing flashes of maturity, despite the emotionally messy homes from which they come. Moreover, they were able to put their daughter's best interests first, saw that they weren't prepared to be parents, and did the very best they could by her. That doesn't keep them from lapsing into typical teenage behavior, however. If they went their separate ways, it wouldn't surprise me, because, as I've said before, how many people end up with the same person they were with at sixteen?

Oddly, what's particularly bothering me about Tyler lately is the way he dresses. I realize it's just his standard teenage boy uniform, but I'm so sick of the sideways tipped caps and the over sized shirts.

lol, i know what you mean - i am not at all a fan of the white boy thug look.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4042873;
    Oh, I'm not especially enamored of watching Caitlynn and Tyler either, but they bother me less, because they seem capable of showing flashes of maturity, despite the emotionally messy homes from which they come. Moreover, they were able to put their daughter's best interests first, saw that they weren't prepared to be parents, and did the very best they could by her. That doesn't keep them from lapsing into typical teenage behavior, however. If they went their separate ways, it wouldn't surprise me, because, as I've said before, how many people end up with the same person they were with at sixteen?

Oddly, what's particularly bothering me about Tyler lately is the way he dresses. I realize it's just his standard teenage boy uniform, but I'm so sick of the sideways tipped caps and the over sized shirts.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4042916;
    lol, i know what you mean - i am not at all a fan of the white boy thug look.

It just really makes him look like he's trying to hard to be "cool," doesn't it? Thing is, the moment you try to look hip and cool is the moment you definitely aren't.

P.S. I know there's no reason for the dog. I just like dogs.

+ Reply to Thread