+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 121 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768108 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Can't stand Farrah. As mentioned upthread, she's a spoiled, selfish, brat. I seriously cannot see one redeeming quality in this girl. She's physically attractive & that is all.

Amber is a raging lunatic. She gets angry that Gary wants to leave, but why should he stay with someone so verbally & physically abusive. If the situation was reversed, he'd probably be in jail.

Catelynn is working my nerves this season. She's way too clingy & to be honest, I'm bored with her & Ty's story.

Maci is doing great, has a wonderful support system, & puts Bentley's best interests first. Farrah needs to learn a few lessons from Maci.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fogey

I agree. Catelynn and Tyler's story is over. Being on TV is going to hurt them in the end.

I think Farrah could have had as good a support system as Maci if she wasn't so busy focusing on how unfair and hard her life is.

FORT Fogey

I agree. Catelynn and Tyler's story is over. Being on TV is going to hurt them in the end.

I think Farrah could have had as good a support system as Maci if she wasn't so busy focusing on how unfair and hard her life is.

I would imagine the parents are getting paid for being on the show. Maybe that's why Caitlyne and Tyler continue to stay on it.

I still hope Maci doesn't continue to allow Bentley to hit her in the face while she takes it and does nothing. Here's an article on dealing with those issues. They insist that you don't ignore that kind of behavior. If you do, it can lead to the child believing the world centers around them and having no feelings of concern for others. Sounds like his dad IMO.
    Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing - Parenting at Baby Corner

I think Farrah's mother loves her grandchild, but she does not have the skills to keep her cool. That's not good. She has demonstrated her propensity for violence repeatedly. It's not acceptable. Slapping someone in the face, is never a little deal. It's always a big warning sign. It's no excuse to say someone pushed you into it. I wonder if people who grew up with violence don't see it for what it is, but it's just unacceptable. It usually esculates and terrible things happen.

No, I don't care for Farrah at all and don't think she is a suitable parent either. Poor child. Her dad is dead, her mother is emotinally unavailable and her maternal grandmother has emotional issues. I pray for that baby.

I really hope there are some success stories from this group of parents.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Good article, Debb!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4012016;
    I still hope Maci doesn't continue to allow Bentley to hit her in the face while she takes it and does nothing. Here's an article on dealing with those issues. They insist that you don't ignore that kind of behavior. If you do, it can lead to the child believing the world centers around them and having no feelings of concern for others. Sounds like his dad IMO.
    Correcting Toddler Behavior - Biting, Hitting, & Throwing - Parenting at Baby Corner
    I agree that she can't allow him to do it without addressing it, using age appropriate techniques. But what I was trying to say before is that not stopping him would basically lead to bratty kid behavior (and subsequent bratty teenager behavior) and not abusive adult behavior (like domestic violence etc).

Catelynn/Tyler - I am sad to say that I am also tiring of their story. The are nice kids and I hope things turn out well for them.

Maci - Definitely the best mom on this show. She also seems to have great parents and nice friends. I really hope that idiot Ryan isn't bringing random girls around his son.

Amber/Gary - I can only say that it seems like they would be better off apart. They both contribute to their problems, but Amber seems to have serious anger issues. She was completely irrational when Gary said he wasn't ready to get married. With their history, she should have been agreeing with him, not screaming at him!! I know my perception is skewed by the editing, but what she gets mad she appears to go far beyond upset, her face just oozes hatred.

Farrah - Oh. My. I cannot staaaand her!!! Last week she left Sophia outside in the hallway alone and this time she left her sitting in the sink!?!?!? WTH was she thinking!?!? She could have fallen out of the sink, got a very serious burn, and although the sink appeared small you cannot completely rule out the possibility of drowning!!!

Who funds this girl's lifestyle? As far as I have seen she is a single mom with a job in a restaurant and attends culinary school. It seems like most young women in this situation would be struggling financially. However, she has a nice new apartment (which would require a deposit), nice furniture (which I assume came from her parents house), she can afford a therapist AND a babysitter to watch Sophia while she goes to therapy, AND she can afford luxuries like taking a 1-year-old out for pedicures!?!? The scene may have been cute, but it just struck me as completely frivolous.

The restaurant scene was painful. I do think her mom was out of line completely ignoring her, but from what we've seen lately it seems like no matter what she says Farrah will just start yelling at her again. I could not believe they said it had been a full month since they had been able to see the baby. Those grandparents CLEARLY adore that baby. It just makes me sick to watch how much Farrah takes for granted.

Also, at the beginning of the original Teen Mom I thought Farrah talked about how Sophia's dad was a stalker and she was worried about him and he would never be a part of their lives. Now that he is gone she is seriously romanticizing "what could have been".

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4023281;
    Farrah -
    Also, at the beginning of the original Teen Mom I thought Farrah talked about how Sophia's dad was a stalker and she was worried about him and he would never be a part of their lives. Now that he is gone she is seriously romanticizing "what could have been".
    She also told the therapist that her mom made her keep the baby, which wasn't true. I distinctly remember her mom & dad urging her to give the baby for adoption, but Farrah refused to even consider it.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

WHY does Amber want to get married? All her and Gary do is fight. And they do this around their baby. Not good.
    I am no fan of Farrah's but her mother was a bit out of line at the restraunt. She should have respected Farrah's wish to stay quiet while she read the card to Sophia (even though she's a baby and didn't understand). But on the other hand, Farrah has said she wants her mother to leave her alone and that's what her mother was doing, ignoring her and leaving her alone.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What I saw was a serious battle between Farrah and her mother for Sophia's attention. It was ugly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread