+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 121 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Farrah talks to Sophia like she's a misbehaving puppy, not a beautiful baby girl. After everything that happened her mom still figured out a place for them to stay. And then Farrah gets mad because her mom doesn't want to talk about it at that particular moment. She just really doesn't get it. If she were my daughter, and I knew she acting that way towards my granddaughter, I would have smacked her too. It's sad because this is one of those cases where I believe Farrah truly knew that her mother was reaching her breaking point and pushed her past it, like you said elinda.

FORT Fogey

Wow what a lot of stuff to take in from the first two episodes. I think Farrah is just a disgustingly rotten individual. She uses everything and anyone to benefit her and her only. Sophia is a beautiful child, and while I think she cares about her on a level, it is not a good responsible one. I cringed when she left her in the hallway by herself for that long.

Amber and Gary are just lazy immature people. He goes out and finds a woman with a child when he already has one that he cannot get along with? What a gift that other woman got by him choosing Amber. If he loves his daughter so much, than get off your behind and get a job. As far as I can tell he is healthy enough to work a job. Some physical labor might help out a lot.

Maci seems to have the best support system, and the best head on her shoulders period. Her priorities are intact, and she always seems to consider all angles in making decisions. Bentley has a great mom, and great grandparents.

Catelynn and Tyler are so normal that it is ridiculous. These are issues that young people go through. They are nowhere near ready for marriage, and are just on the borderline of even being able to make a young relationship work. Tyler amazes me with how mature he is, but still too much too young too fast.

Catelynn: Her and Tyler made a very adult decision but they are still in high school and have some growing up to do. I hope everything works out for them.
    Amber: She punched Gary in a fit of rage. They should not be together. All the fighting and swearing they do around their baby is not good.
    Farrah: If she can get by without help from her Mom, fine. I do feel sorry for the Mom because she really seems to love that baby and now the baby won't have a grandmother in her life just because their was a fight between Farrah and her Mom. I grew up with two Grandmothers in my life so I think this is sad.
    Maci: She's doing the best she can, she's lucky she has supportive parents. Her parents made good points about why her friends wouldn't like living with a baby in an apartment. And they were right!

i'm sorry but i absolutely HATE farrah.

i looooooooove maci tho.

i actually laughed when i saw gary's new interest. she looked just like amber before the weight loss. i wonder what happened to his job?

i'm pretty disturbed by catelynn sleeping with someone else. 3 yrs ago she was 15 (or younger) and already had at least 2 sexual partners under her belt? geez. i hate that today's teens are so casual abt sex.

I really hope that some how Caitlyne and Tyler are given scholarships and are able to obtain an eduation and get out of their situation. I think a total change of scenery would be good for them until they are in their 20's. Then they can see if they still feel the same about each other.

Farrah has some major issues that she needs to working on with a professional. She will not do well as the primary care provider for her baby. Eventually something will happen and the authorities will see that too. I do feel for Farrah's mom, however, last season her mom slapped her in the face while driving in the car. That is a big NO NO. There is no excuse for violence like that. She should have taken steps to keep that from happening again. Although I believe she loves her granddaughter, I'm not convinced she is mentally equipped to have custody of the baby.

Amber is dangerous and clueless about parenting and life. I also think she has limited potential. She and Gary both are decided to settle on a low life.

I like Maci okay. I do hope she stops allowing Bently to slap her in the face without telling him no or at least stopping him from doing it. She used to just let him do it and say nothing. That's how abusive men start out. I hope she knows that.

debb70's post reminded me of something i was pretty disturbed by last night . . . . little bentley banging his head onto the floor and no one reacting. i wonder if he is autistic?

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4009958;
    debb70's post reminded me of something i was pretty disturbed by last night . . . . little bentley banging his head onto the floor and no one reacting. i wonder if he is autistic?

Ohhhh. I didn't see that. That's not good. Perhaps he has been allowed to hit so much that he just does it from habit. I hope it's not a bad sign of something else.

Here's an article by a doctor about the subject. It does occur in normal children too.

Head Banging in Children | DrGreene.com

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;4009286;
    Wow what a lot of stuff to take in from the first two episodes. I think Farrah is just a disgustingly rotten individual. She uses everything and anyone to benefit her and her only. Sophia is a beautiful child, and while I think she cares about her on a level, it is not a good responsible one. I cringed when she left her in the hallway by herself for that long.
    I know, that was awful. She was more interested in putting away her pillows and asking her friends who are helping her move for free to take off their shoes. Ugh.

By the way, does anyone know if that is her real dad or stepdad? She always called him by his first name but called her mother mom.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;4009958;
    Yes, I have a two year old and they do head bang sometimes and it can be normal. As for disciplining a baby that age to not hit, it's difficult because they are too young for time outs and they really don't understand no. I could see that if she doesn't redirect him it could become a problem, but as for turning him into an abusive man that's a stretch. All toddlers hit at one time or another.

FORT Fogey

Yep! They hit and bite and throw things and such. It's a toddler thing. Where'd anyone here that's where abuse first shows itself? Also, isn't one and a half a little young to be showing signs of autism? This is my problem with babies on TV. They're babies! Their actions are kind of meaningless, in the sense that you can't diagnose them with behavioral issues since it's not even really behavior yet.

I'm pretty sure that's Farrah's real dad, she's just a disrespectful brat. I didn't think it was that bad when her mom hit her in the car. She wasn't aiming for her face, she didn't slap her, she just struck out. My mom's smacked me like that a few times, and I can tell you, I'm no worse for the wear, it didn't hurt that bad, and I deserved it every time. What happened this season, with the police, sounds like it crossed the line, but Farrah's description of what happened seemed off, too. Whatever happened there's no excuse to hit someone like THAT, but I would venture to say that Sophia's safer and more likely to live a happy life with her Grandmother.

+ Reply to Thread