+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Even though this baby Daddy was young and immature I have to give him props for trying to better himself and staying by the Mother of his child instead of running off to play with his friends. I think because he was shuttled around as a kid has alot to do with them thinking this is normal for them to be doing the same thing with their baby. He also seemed very nuturing and loving towards his little sisters and his baby.
    If these two say what they are going to do in the future I would give them a better chance of making it than some of the other couples we've seen so far this season.

FORT Fanatic

Too bad teenagers don't have to pass a test to have children, like they do to get a driver's license.

^ It's not just teenagers that should have to pass a test! Plenty of "adults" are irresponsible "parents" too.

That said, I think these 2 are really trying, & when it was pointed out to them about shuffling the baby around too much, the girl agreed & they made an effort to make a change.

I really hope they both finish school.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Newbie

That girl's mother was really stupid, IMO. Who says they are happy for their 16 year old daughter and 16 year old expelled from school boyfriend to have a baby? Who throws them a nice shower to celebrate how great it is in front of their friends? It is just the perfect example of a bad situation repeating itself, generation after generation. Also, I don't agree with the boy's grandmother taking him in at 13 or 14 and then allowing him to do nothing for 2 years. That is just enabling him to be a lazy ass. I don't think his mother seemed much better but bottom line he has to be in some school at that age. How is the law not involved there regarding truancy?

^ I wondered about the school thing too. If I'm figuring this correctly, the boy only has up to an 8th grade education. How is that acceptable to his family? It shouldn't be. They did him a complete disservice by not getting him some kind of schooling. They really put him at a huge disadvantage in life. I really hope he goes back to school or gets his GED or whatever, then enrolls in a community college or trade school...anything that can help him get a job that will pay more than minimum wages.

I agree about your comments of the girl's mother too (about being happy about it), but I can sort of understand the shower thing. It's already going to be hard enough for these kids (any kids, or even a lot of adults) to deal with the expense of a baby, so might as well get some necessities by having a shower. *shrug* But I totally get where you are coming from. It's hard to act like it's a good thing & celebrate it.

was i the only one who thought the dad may be a little slow?

Wow, just finished watching Leah's episode. I really felt bad for Corey! the guy was trying to do right by her & the kids & she just kept complaining & picking fights with him. did she really think the ex was going to be in a hot rush to get back with her, with her 2 kids? I guess when he actually saw her with the kids, the reality of what her life now is hit home with him. Duh!

I was glad when her friend told her that she had treated Corey bad for no reason. Someone needed to say it! It's a shame because the guy seemed like a decent guy & loves his kids & actually wants to spend time with them. Such a difference from most of the guys on this show! In fact, he's exactly the kind of Dad the other girls would have given their eyeteeth to have for their babies! The guy completely stepped up, & Leah had no appreciation for anything he did, until it was too late. I'm glad she at least realized & admitted that she has no one but herself to blame for what happened between them, but it makes me sad for her girls because their dad can't be a part of their lives every single day anymore.

To me Leah seemed so depressed and unhappy with being a Mom and her whole situation. I think that's why she took out all her fustrations out on Corey. These girls are so young and immature they don't realize what their lives are going to be like once the baby (or in this case babies) is born. It's a huge shock to them when they start to lose their friends and miss out on school things like the prom, etc... And she was naive her ex would want her back. The look on his face when he saw her with those twins should have told her that.
    Leah did realize at the end how much Corey did for her and those babies. And she was jealous when he was with other girls. Maybe she really did have feelings for him and they will get back together. Guess we'll find out at the reunion.

FORT Regular

I did feel a little sorry for Leah at the end of the show. Because I have been in that situation before where I didn't realize how much I cared for someone until they were gone. That being said, she was awful to Corey. Corey was one of the few guys on this show that showed any interest intheir child and the mother. He was a keeper, too bad she realized it too late. Maybe there is still a chance they could get back together but if they do I hope in Leah's case it's for the right reason and not just to have someone there to take care of her.

I felt bad for Corey, he seems like a mature guy for his age. I am glad that Leah realized that she did him wrong by the way she treated him.

I would like to know though....are there going to be just the hour shows of all the girls as opposed to following 4 girls through their first year of motherhood?

+ Reply to Thread