+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 121 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Newbie

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

The striking thing to me is how verbally and mentally abusive these guys are in 3 of the 4 episodes. They are calling the girls dumb, b!tches, etc and the girls just sit there and take it. Then they call and call to try to get them involved with them and the baby. Sad, just sad. I'm not that old but honestly I don't remember me or any of my friends being involved with an abusive relationship in high school. I'm wondering if this generation of teenagers is even more entitled and for the guys that manifests as treating girls like crap. Why the girls put up with it I don't get. I hope the parents keep the guys away after they see the reality of how their daughters are being treated on the show.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;3853755;
    ... I'm wondering if this generation of teenagers is even more entitled and for the guys that manifests as treating girls like crap. Why the girls put up with it I don't get. I hope the parents keep the guys away after they see the reality of how their daughters are being treated on the show.
    What really strikes me is how so many of the girls make comments like "I hope his attitude gets better when the baby arrives" or "Once he sees his child maybe he'll change". I truely hope that isn't a factor in their decision to keep the baby because it most likely isn't going to make things better. Unfortunately the stress of caring for a baby frequently will only make a bad relationship worse.

If the guy is a jerk, he's a jerk. A baby won't change that, it will only reinforce it.

FORT Fogey

I think the baby's more of a factor in deciding to keep the boy. Even if they do make the "he needs to be a part of the baby's life even if we're not together" decision, most of them make it and forget about the "not together" part. Valerie and her boyfriend are the only ones who managed that, and they probably actually have a better chance of having a good relationship in the future.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;3853755;
    The striking thing to me is how verbally and mentally abusive these guys are in 3 of the 4 episodes. They are calling the girls dumb, b!tches, etc and the girls just sit there and take it. Then they call and call to try to get them involved with them and the baby. Sad, just sad. I'm not that old but honestly I don't remember me or any of my friends being involved with an abusive relationship in high school. I'm wondering if this generation of teenagers is even more entitled and for the guys that manifests as treating girls like crap. Why the girls put up with it I don't get. I hope the parents keep the guys away after they see the reality of how their daughters are being treated on the show.
    It is really sad. I think this will always be a problem for as long as boys look up to men who objectify women and women believe that fairy tales are real. There are so many things that society teaches that lead kids to act in really horrible ways. These guys are truly horrible people. Seems like they are okay with that. I don't know the statistic, but a big percentage of women will be emotionally or physically abused in their lifetimes. And many of these women who are in abusive relationships with men were abused or neglected in some form as kids. I do feel like some of these guys are being emotionally abusive toward these women. It is sad to see.

i must have fallen asleep before i finished watching this ep. what happened w the jerk in the end?

FORT Newbie

He sent a text saying that he wanted to sign away the rights to the baby, and he called the baby "that mistake." He also called the mother a bad mom for going out with her friends one night in the first 3 months; meanwhile he hadn't showed his face around that child in weeks. A-hole. His parents should be embarrassed and ashamed.

i saw that part . . . i meant the very end. did she terminate his parental rights?

FORT Fogey

If that was my son after that text, I would be highly embarrassed.

FORT Fogey

The sad thing about it is, even if he does grow up and realize he made a mistake, it will be too late because he signed away his parental rights, and if I were Chelsea I would have a really hard time letting my baby be around someone like that. And if he doesn't grow up, it's still sad, because he's a tool!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3855017;
    i saw that part . . . i meant the very end. did she terminate his parental rights?
    I don't think so, but she changed the baby's last name to hers and then her father was urging her not to contact him again. I would be contacting him again--in the form of a subpoena for a child support hearing LOL

+ Reply to Thread