+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 122 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Yeah. But those girls are a) mentally ill and b) going to do anything to get attention regardless. I was very skeptical about this show at first but now, after really watching, I think they do a very good job of showing a very realistic portrayal of what it's like to be pregnant as a teenager, or a teen mom.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the girls seem to be getting younger?

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by clsriley;3850555;
    I am convinced it will encourage them to get pregnant. These teens get on TV, have photo shoots and have articles written about them in magazines!! It is made to appear sooooo glamourous!
    I somewhat agree with you. While watching the reunion of 16 & Pregnant and Teen Mom they kept saying how strong and amazing these young moms are. Not to take away any credit from these young moms for raising kids, but it sounded to me like they were being projected as HEROES. As you rightly said, they made it look so glamorous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3850719;
    Yeah. But those girls are a) mentally ill and b) going to do anything to get attention regardless. I was very skeptical about this show at first but now, after really watching, I think they do a very good job of showing a very realistic portrayal of what it's like to be pregnant as a teenager, or a teen mom.

Is it just me or does anyone else think the girls seem to be getting younger?
    They are all around 16ish. Some look younger than others.

FORT Fogey

Well, I meant since last season. Janelle was sixteen or seventeen. Nikkole was fifteen as was Valerie. But last season, Farrah and Maci were both eighteen. Amber was seventeen I believe. Ebony was eighteen. I'm pretty sure Catelynn was the youngest at sixteen.

FORT Fogey

Hmm. I'm not sure about the ages.I know Farrah was 18 when her mom was arrested, right? So I think she was younger than that when the baby was born. Maci was a junior in high school, I thought. I don't think the kids from season one are as old as you say they are but I do think these new ones are younger. I think you are right about that.

FORT Fogey

well in Teen Moms, when that was filmed, Farrah was 19. She was in college and going to school. Maci and Ebony were both in their senior year.... remember, in teen moms Maci and her friend were talking about how when they were all in senior year she moved away to have the baby. And then the next year, when they were all moving away to college, she came back home. So she would have been in her senior year. Ebony was definitely a senior.

FORT Fogey

Yeah. You are right. I just skimmed wikipedia and read something about Ryan meeting Maci as a sophomore. Maybe that is why I thought she was younger.

WOW!! Is all I can say about that text msg tonight's douchebag dad sent to Chelsea.

Just saw the text message scenes and hope that guy is watching this episode and realizes how much of a dumb idiot he looks like. I tell you I get so mad at this show sometimes.

FORT Fogey

I hope his friends and family are watching. I cannot believe people can be so hurtful and selfish. I'm glad they changed the baby's name.

Also, Chelsea's dad is a really great dad. Give this guy an award.

+ Reply to Thread