+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 122 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Just watched the show tonight. Josh needs a good old fashioned ass whipping. He's nothing but a smart mouth punk. He'll get his one day. As they say, karma is a bitch.

FORT Fanatic

This show highlights what irritates me most about teen pregnancy - the teen dads get off scot free. The teen mom gets the reputation, has the baby to care for, the bills to worry about AND she still has to go to school. The teen dads? They have the luxury to come and go as they please, finish their educations uninteruppted and essentially choose when & where (if ever) they participate in the life of their child.

The entire responsibility is placed on the teen mom and her family. In order to get teen dad to take any type of responsibility it's up to them to first prove it's his, and then to chase after him for any kind of financial help.

Josh & Ryan truly highlighted how easy it is for them to have their fun and move on to the next girl without a second thought.

I also think Josh only came back into Nikkole's life because of MTV. He wasn't there to be a boyfriend or father. He was there to put on a show and elevate his already inflated ego.

FORT Fogey

I just wish women didn't have to go through this sort of thing. Poor thing really needs help and the guy is just being horrible to her. It would be better if he would just leave.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Which are all reasons why the female SHOULD take care of making sure that SHE does not get pregnant. The burden usually falls on her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I would have to disagree. If a woman does get pregnant, she should not be treated that way. No matter what.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3841820;
    Which are all reasons why the female SHOULD take care of making sure that SHE does not get pregnant. The burden usually falls on her.
    To be fair, it's definitely harder for girls to get birth control discreetly. You have to go to the doctor to go on the pill, and it's not cheap like condoms are. A girl always has a right to say "not without protection" but "i love you and want to be with you" can be a pretty persuasive argument at fifteen.

Condoms are not especially cheap either. However, with various sliding fee scale clinics to access birth control and various forms for birth control the girls in this show could take the initiative to go get some. And those same clinics also hand out free condoms. Aside from pregnancy these girls should consider that as a way of preventing STI's as well which is something this show didn't really talk about much from what I remember the few times I've watched it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841838;
    I would have to disagree. If a woman does get pregnant, she should not be treated that way. No matter what.
    I am not talking about "shoulds"....I'm talking reality/factual.

We need to come up out of fantasy land (wishville) and deal with what is before us.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree with you prhoshay. There's a lot of things mothers should not have to deal with including their baby's fathers walking away from them and the child and leaving them to raise them or being a dunce all around etc. But the reality is this is what happens A LOT. You put two immature people in a room together and tell them to raise their offspring and that is what happens. Babies don't just make people mature (as evidenced by this show and many other real life people).

And many mother's will dumb babies on their willing parents or willing boyfriends etc. as well so they can live out their lives not being tied down either. It's not just a gender thing either. It's a maturity thing.

These girls are capable of seeking out and utilizing birth control either pharmaceutical or the various forms of barrier protection there are (ladies the sponge is back as well as female condoms and male condom etc.). Or they would practice alternate forms of non-intercourse stimulation on each other. But they don't. When these girls spread their legs without taking protections into their own hands they are basically saying they are willing to get knocked up and raise a child with or without the boy before you. It's unfortunate that no one apparently taught them this cause and effect.

FORT Fogey

Wow. This is not a thread for a feminist as myself to read. It is very troubling to see people blame women for abandonment and blame women for the conception of a child and give men a pass. It is not a mother's fault that the father of her child abandons her or mistreats her. That makes her the victim. And I think it is unfortunate that people in 2010 would blame anyone for being a victim.

+ Reply to Thread