+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 121 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Newbie

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3511029;
    did anyone else watch tonight??? good episode...was it just me or was the mother of the teenager 'OFF'...she just seemed so distant...but I have to respet the fact that she is NOT taking care of the baby and she is making her daughter who got pregnant deal with the responsibility..
    I think her mom handled it just as she should, especially the car situation, WTF?
    Farrah demanding that they get her a car? Was I the only one who thought that was completely out of line to even ask for?

I sobbed when the baby finally came out. It brought me back to being scared in the delivery room and having my mom there to comfort me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3512311;
    I sobbed when the baby finally came out. It brought me back to being scared in the delivery room and having my mom there to comfort me.
    When the baby came out I'm thinking to myself I'm glad I had c-sections with my 2 kids. Tried the natrual way with the first one, but after 2 days of them trying to induce and nothing happening I was just too tired and wanted him out already. So I had the c-section and another with my second child. Recovery is kind of brutal though.

FORT Fanatic

Just watched the episode with Farrah, and noticed at the end it said, executive producer Morgan Freeman. Could it be the same?

I only saw the last half so I am not sure how she got pregnant....(well, I know how she got pregnant..lol), I mean the circumstances...anyway....I thought she was completely disrespectful to her mother in the car, first telling her she was dumb and then telling her to shutup. You don't speak to others like that:nono especially a parent and I don't care if she is a parent herself. Her mother is basically supporting her and the baby and she deserves some respect even if she is a little on the strange side. I also thought it was inappropriate for the grandfather to take sides, imo...he should have stayed out of it and let the two of them work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3512608;
    Just watched the episode with Farrah, and noticed at the end it said, executive producer Morgan Freeman. Could it be the same?
    My husband was wondering the same thing but it was Morgan J. Freeman so I don't know.

ETA-I just went to IMDB.com and Morgan J. Freeman is a director/producer, not the same person as Morgan Freeman the actor.
    Last edited by karna68; 06-21-2009 at 09:18 AM.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm just livid over this show. What is wrong with these kids!! Where is the birth control education? There is enough knowledge and medical science out there that teen pregnancy should be much more rare that this.

My youngest daughter got pregnant when she was a senior in high school. She claimed she didn't think it would happen to her. Ummm...who does it happen to, then? That was 7 years ago - and boy did my baby girl have to grow up in a hurry. She's married with 3 kids now - but says if she got a "do-over" she'd wait. Fortunately she had enough high school credits to graduate a year early so she didn't have to endure the gossip (among other things) from the other girls. It was rough. She somehow was able to put herself through college and is doing great - but in my experience, she is definitely the exeption.

And watching this show - I don't know how much of a deterrent it will be. You know the teen attitude - "it will be different for me". I do wish the very best for all of these girls and their babies. I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of respect for the so-called fathers.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch any more episodes of this show.

Looking at these teenage dads is sad. Boys mature so much slower than girls and they are so not equipped to become fathers at such a young age. I wish the sex education would focus a little more on the boys, their hormones are going crazy but they need to learn the consequences of their actions. I can't begin to imagine my 16 year old son becoming a father!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3514582;
    Looking at these teenage dads is sad. Boys mature so much slower than girls and they are so not equipped to become fathers at such a young age. I wish the sex education would focus a little more on the boys, their hormones are going crazy but they need to learn the consequences of their actions. I can't begin to imagine my 16 year old son becoming a father!
    I can't imagine my 20 yr old son being a father..lol...I preach to him and his g/f both...lol...even offered to take them to get whatever they needed for 'protection' I am wayyyy to young to be a g/mother...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3514591;
    I can't imagine my 20 yr old son being a father..lol...I preach to him and his g/f both...lol...even offered to take them to get whatever they needed for 'protection' I am wayyyy to young to be a g/mother...lol

I felt the same way, but apparently I was mistaken. The good part - being a grandma is the most joyful, fabulous and gratifying experience ever. I've never felt so much love in my heart.

Back to my point:

I offered both my daughters birth control at 15/16. Some say that was too early, but there are other benefits to birth control pills other than just preventing pregnancy. My older daughter took me up on the offer, the younger did not. When the younger got pregnant - it was of course my fault (according to dad and step-mom) - of course - regardless of the fact she was living with her dad at the time. Point being - I guess all we can do is attempt to educate, instill decent values, and offer help. And keep our fingers crossed.

I do regret not paying close enough attention - but even so, I'm not sure there is anything I could have done.

She now says she plans to keep her daughters locked in the house until they are 30! We'll see how that works out for her.

+ Reply to Thread