+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 121 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3498838;
    I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere also. At first, I felt that MTV was "glamorizing" her pregnancy with scenes such as the baby shower. They didn't even showcase the actual birth! They just summarized it. I would think that showing the birth would show just how hard it is to be pregnant, especially at a young age.

But then as the show progressed even further, I saw that the show really did have a strong message to tell. I agree with above comments that Ryan (who looked a tiny bit like Kris Allen ) really wasn't ready to become a father. I wish Maci and him the best of luck though.

One thing I was disappointed in was that the show didn't have an update at the end of the episode. True Life has little updates at the end of each episode, why not this show?
    I think the show only has like 6 episodes...so maybe at the end we will get updates on each of the young ladies..or I am sure the website for the show will probably have some updates listed
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I actually checked the website before I made that post, and there was no updates to be found. The only thing I could find were scenes that weren't shown on TV. There were two scenes, one about breastfeeding and the other about the dance team.

I do hope that they give updates on all of the girls at the end of the season, like you said.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3498208;
    That show is on ABC, it is a special series called Primetime: Family Secrets. It airs next Tuesday.
    Thanks Xmaskat! I want to watch that one too. Although I haven't watched MTV's yet. Just recorded it.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I DVRed this show and I'm glad I read the reviews here, because now I will make a point to have my older sons (16 & almost 14) watch it with me!

On a side note: I have a pet peeve about people giving their child a name that is an expensive material item in the real world - i.e., Bentley, Chardonnay, Lexus, Armani, Dijon, etc. Do they think it makes their child more "glamorous"??

OK, I watched the show last night. I thought I was just going to be sitting there thinking, you got yourself knocked up girlfriend, now you have to pay the consequences. But by the end of the show, I was almost in tears. I felt so bad for the mom and the baby. I hope she realizes that the daddy isn't going to change and they get out of there.
    I think the show really shows how hard it is to raise a baby when you're that young. It's hard when you're as old as I was when I had my kids (31 & 35), so I can't imagine being that young. I was definitly watching thinking, I hope this doesn't happen to my daughter. I want her to enjoy her young life and have kids when she is ready. This is something that all young teens should be watching with their parents.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I watched the first episode last night. I felt really bad for the situation this girl found herself in. The BF clearly had given her the idea before this show that they were going to get married and raise this child together. However, I thought through the entire show it was very clear that he had "checked out" of their relationship. Anytime they were talking about the baby, at the doctor, etc he looked like somebody was holding him there at gunpoint. I think a big reason for his poor behavior after the baby was born was that he wanted out but he didn't want people to accuse him of running out on his responsibility. He probably figured if he didn't help she would kick him out, and then he could claim it wasn't HIS fault because it was her decision to make him leave. Yes, I know I am putting "words" in his mouth, but I still think it is a likely scenario - his behavior struck me as very passive aggressive.

The one glimmer of hope that I saw was right at the end when he was holding the baby and she was nearby. I think it was the only time in the show I saw him smiling AND dealing with baby issues simultaneously. He actually looked like he had real affection for his son at that point. Hopefully even if things don't work out between the parents, the dad will be involved in the baby's life. It appears that his parents would probably encourage it and at the very least I think they would stay involved.

did anyone else watch tonight??? good episode...was it just me or was the mother of the teenager 'OFF'...she just seemed so distant...but I have to respet the fact that she is NOT taking care of the baby and she is making her daughter who got pregnant deal with the responsibility..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

It's airing right now (she just had the baby) and she seems really grounded. I have to say though, choosing to finish her classes at the college is a wiser move, as she not only can do a running start sort of thing but she won't have to deal with those catty girls.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3511029;
    did anyone else watch tonight??? good episode...was it just me or was the mother of the teenager 'OFF'...she just seemed so distant...but I have to respet the fact that she is NOT taking care of the baby and she is making her daughter who got pregnant deal with the responsibility..
    ITA and glad the Farrah's mom is making her take care of her responsibility. I hope girls watch this and learn that its difficult having kids so young. And it don't get any easier when you get older either.

I didn't see Farrah's Mother as 'OFF' I saw a Mom who had high hopes for her daughter and now those hopes were crushed by her having a baby. She had to sit in that delivery room watching her baby have a baby and I imagine that would be so hard. Kudos to her though for making Farrah take care of the baby and be responsible. I wish this girl alot of luck and hope she can go to college and make a good life for her and Sophia.

+ Reply to Thread