+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 122 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Oh Dang. He died. I wonder why they didn't mention it on the show. That seems like something worth mentioning on a show about parenting. He died before Sophia was born though and while Farrah was filming "16 and Pregnant." Interesting that it only became news recently. Anyway, I am glad Farrah's mom briefly stopped being a slave driver. Authoritarian parenting style is never effective. And I think Farrah needs to find out if the boy is worth spending time with before she starts spending time with them. Why waste your time? It is always precious.

Gary is a failure at romance but it was great that he was trying.
    Catelynn seems to be having a hard time. It would help if she had a caring family. I'm glad she found a support system.

FORT Fogey

Farrah's mom's problem is that she just yells about everything and never lays down any consequences or takes a stand on anything, turning Farrah into the entitled little girl she is today. It's only taught her that her mother freaks out about everything but never actually does anything, turning her from a respectable figure to a totally inconsequential one, even when her opinion is a good one. Although I agree, this attempt at totalitarianism as a parenting style is awful, but would be equally bad if she actually accomplished it.

FORT Newbie

Farrah is an ungrateful, self absorbed, childish, whiny BRAT that needs to be locked up for awhile w/her kid. She has serious issues and clearly is VERY immature...the sad part is she SHOULD have been the one who gave up her baby for adoption and is just looking for a sugar daddy. thank god she is attractive because she doesnt have much else. could she be any skinnier???

Amber- whoah i don't even know what to say other than she needs some financial/babysitting support while she gets her GED so she can pay for daycare while she starts a career...and needs to break up w/that DBAG gary!

MACI- she is so cute but really needs to loose her baby daddy. he is awful and selfish. did you see him just sleeping away the day on the couch while her parents were in the kitchen? what a horrible life

Catelyyn- the saddest part of the whole show if they would have been the best parents if they'd had supportive parents/the $ to raise their kid and they gave it up for adoption. soooo sad.

THE WHOLE THING IS SO SAD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl31;3788661;
    THE WHOLE THING IS SO SAD!!!
    ITA. So sad. I watch this show and feel horrible for all involved.
    KAREN

Farrah is a horribly self-centered brat. I can't even believe the way she talks to/treats her parents. Of course, they let her get away with it, so they have no one to blame but themselves. But still, the way she talks to them just shows how immature & ungrateful she is. Time to grow up, honey.

Maci needs to ditch Ryan. He never acts interested in her until she says she's done & then he always tells her he wants it to work & she goes back, but he never makes any changes to try to make it work. He's all talk, & even then it's only when she leaves him. Oh, & that counselor sucked. She came across (to me) as putting the onus on Maci to make the relationship work. And Maci fell for it!! I think she's been pretty clear on what she needs from Ryan.

Amber needs to be nicer to Gary, & Gary needs to clean up after himself. I think he really does love/care about her though.

Catelynn's mom & Tyler's dad are total losers who need to get over themselves. Those kids need support, not beratement & guilt trips. I'm glad Catelynn got to go to that adoption weekend thing. I wish there was something similar for Tyler.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I think Farrah really does need to grow up. It seems to me as she wants to be normal teenager...going out, boys, the whole thing, It is as though she hasn't realized that isn't going to be her life like that. I think she doesn't want to feel left out from everything her friends are doing. I agree that her parents need to set some rules and consequences, she is doing it because she knows she can get away it.

Amber bugs me more than Farrah does. I also think that Gary really does love her and is trying. She just doesn't want to be with him, which is fine but she has zero problem having him support her. She needs to get a job, I know she is taking GED classes but she could get a job in the evening/at night and have Gary watch Leah.

I love Maci and I agree w/ Holly, Ryan is never going to change. He only goes through the motions when he thinks she is leaving.

I feel so bad for Catelynn. That poor girl. She is so mature for her age.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'd like to see Catelynn get involved in some activity and stop sitting around moaning and groaning. Being active usually helps blue funks, tremendously.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

me too, she's gotten a little chunky this season, like she never lost the baby weight.

i think gary and amber need to put some effort in. gary is a lzay fat slob, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3789710;
    I'd like to see Catelynn get involved in some activity and stop sitting around moaning and groaning. Being active usually helps blue funks, tremendously.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3789710;
    The issue with Catelynn and her 11 year old boyfriend is that they gave their child up, and they're on a show called Teen Moms.

They've got these cameras following them around, but no baby. You see all this footage of them sitting around talking about how much they miss their baby, and all that jazz, but I'd be willing to bet that the fact that the cameras are there is kind of hindering them from moving on. That, and I think the producers obviously focus on the times they're carrying on about their baby, and exclude 90% of the footage of when they're just being normal kids, hanging out, etc etc etc.

So to the average viewer, it looks like they're depressed all the time and can't move on. That might not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter2231;3789863;
    The issue with Catelynn and her 11 year old boyfriend is that they gave their child up, and they're on a show called Teen Moms.

They've got these cameras following them around, but no baby. You see all this footage of them sitting around talking about how much they miss their baby, and all that jazz, but I'd be willing to bet that the fact that the cameras are there is kind of hindering them from moving on. That, and I think the producers obviously focus on the times they're carrying on about their baby, and exclude 90% of the footage of when they're just being normal kids, hanging out, etc etc etc.

So to the average viewer, it looks like they're depressed all the time and can't move on. That might not be the case.
    i completely agree! you hit the nail right on the head. I love Catelynn and Tyler i think they are awesome people on camera when they ARNT talking about Carly and how sad they are. When they were at the bowling alley, i was like wow theses kids actually have fun, fooled me. I think the cameras are a very big elephant in the room when it comes to them moving on. They need to either ditch the camera, or just focus on them being teenagers.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

+ Reply to Thread