+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 120 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3495902;
    I think one of the "real stations" like CBS, ABC or NBC is also having a series on this as part of their Dateline or 20/20 series. I just saw a comercial last night, if I could remember what I was watching, I might remember the station. It didn't look very glamorous. One girl was crying because her baby daddy was still playing football & his life hadn't changed at all.
    Ahh, the harsh reality is that it won't change that much when they grow up either.

This series looks interesting though, based on the previews.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

well I like what i see so far from the first episode...they are showing how HARD it really is...and how it impacts your life and realtionships
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

This is must see tv for me. Very interesting pilot episode. Not glamorous at all. I will I am very proud of Maci. She graduated school early, going to college, etc. She'd better get used to raising Bentley lol alone. Doesn't look like daddy wants to stick around right now.

I love how he got that huge tattoo down his ribcage yet he'd rather be out with his friends than changing diapers. In his defense he is still young so I guess that is to be expected. He still raised my blood pressure though.

Intersting and sad. I was once in Maci's shoes and I hope she continues to go to school and stay connected with her friends but still make Bentley her priority. She is lucky she has help from her parents. Ryan is obviously not ready to be a father, which is sad, he is missing out on alot with his son.
    Sadly, this is the same story of so many teenage pregnancys.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;3496305;
    Ahh, the harsh reality is that it won't change that much when they grow up either.
    Oh yeah, I know that, but she didn't. I was totally thinking to myself, get used to it!!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3495902;
    I think one of the "real stations" like CBS, ABC or NBC is also having a series on this as part of their Dateline or 20/20 series. I just saw a comercial last night, if I could remember what I was watching, I might remember the station. It didn't look very glamorous. One girl was crying because her baby daddy was still playing football & his life hadn't changed at all.
    That show is on ABC, it is a special series called Primetime: Family Secrets. It airs next Tuesday.

FORT Fanatic

Good show, very realistic. I teach high school, and though there have not been many teen pregnancies at my school, I hope it reached at least one child. Not just the girls but the responsibility of the young men.

After seeing parts of the episode, I honestly think that this is something that all teenage girls-and boys-should watch, because what happens in this case is very real. I felt so bad for the girl last night-she was juggling school, work, the dance (although she dropped it), and being the only one there most of the time for her kiddo.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3498506;
    After seeing parts of the episode, I honestly think that this is something that all teenage girls-and boys-should watch, because what happens in this case is very real. I felt so bad for the girl last night-she was juggling school, work, the dance (although she dropped it), and being the only one there most of the time for her kiddo.
    I recorded it so that my 12 yr old and her 15 yr old best friend could watch it...for that very reason..I wanted them to see what the real deal is...I really think IMO this is something that they should be showing in school..maybe 8th or 9th grade to all the students...you still gonna have some that won't pay attention or think it will be 'different' for them...but as someone posted earlier..if it reaches ONE it would be worth it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere also. At first, I felt that MTV was "glamorizing" her pregnancy with scenes such as the baby shower. They didn't even showcase the actual birth! They just summarized it. I would think that showing the birth would show just how hard it is to be pregnant, especially at a young age.

But then as the show progressed even further, I saw that the show really did have a strong message to tell. I agree with above comments that Ryan (who looked a tiny bit like Kris Allen ) really wasn't ready to become a father. I wish Maci and him the best of luck though.

One thing I was disappointed in was that the show didn't have an update at the end of the episode. True Life has little updates at the end of each episode, why not this show?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread