+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 121 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 1210
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

  1. #181
    Yankee Fan sweet_lady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    my own little world
    Posts
    1,071

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Jealous of Farrah, NO WAY! Sure she's beautiful and all, but that's about all she has going for her. She's a spoiled brat, who seems to care more about finding a boy than she does her own kid. I used to be a spoiled selfish brat, but once I had kids that all stopped. Their needs and wants always come first (that's how I see it anyways). I put a few things on the backburner for a while, but now I'm back in college trying to make things better for them and I.

  2. #182
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    exactly . . . . and i don't see a lot of farrah wanting to maintain old freindships/relationships . . . . she is more interested in finding another boyfriend. and i get the feeling she's into casual sex.

    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3783059;
    I can't imagine anyone being jealous of what Farrah has become. She's a whiny, immature teenager who seems to be annoyed by her baby (from what I've seen). Sure, she's pretty, and she was a popular cheerleader. I get that. But I also believe it's hard to be jealous of someone who seems unhappy about having to put dating on hold, is a spoiled brat who, as has been noted above, has most likely never heard the word "no".

    Of course a happy mother is a good mother.....but if dating is the only way she is happy.....I think that is sad.

  3. #183
    everyone's a critic... holly71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Lone Star State
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,444

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Farrah is a moron. The whole thing with the birth control...yeah, you really want to keep it a secret when you pick the one form of BC that has to be put in an area with a very high likelihood of being discovered. However, I strongly disagree with her dad that she doesn't need BC. He thinks it's as simple as not getting yourself into a situation where you need it, but obviously that doesn't work or else the teen pregnancy rate wouldn't be as high as it is. Also, even if she is on BC, I would hope she would still demand that any guy still use a condom.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

  4. #184
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,541

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    I agree, there is NO jealously here. I don't believe she is a terrible mother, I just don't think her focus is in the right place. I think she is probably a good mother when she feels like it, and then the rest of the time she whines about how other people should care for her child so that she can go find herself a boyfriend.

    One thing I will note is that I thought her parents coming down on her for being on birth control was out of line. No, she shouldn't be out looking for a guy to hop in the sack with. However, there is nothing wrong with her being on birth control just in case something were to happen. If she thinks there is any possible chance she could be in that situation it is more responsible for her to be on birth control than not!!

    ETA - holly71, we must have been typing simultaneously!!

  5. #185
    Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    3,160

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3783180;

    One thing I will note is that I thought her parents coming down on her for being on birth control was out of line. No, she shouldn't be out looking for a guy to hop in the sack with. However, there is nothing wrong with her being on birth control just in case something were to happen. If she thinks there is any possible chance she could be in that situation it is more responsible for her to be on birth control than not!!

    I'd think that would be the first thing her parents would want!!!

  6. #186
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,078

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    I don't like Farrah's mom and now sister too. It's like they want to continue punishing her through her daughter for having had said daughter. She's living her life to the best of her abilities, she's in culinary school, she's social and outgoing, I applaud that.
    Also, I find it strange watching Catelynn and Tyler. It's like a really bad experiment watching those too.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  7. #187
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,192

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    While Farrah is out searching for a man...ANY man...I hope she keeps in mind that pregnancy/another baby is not the only lifelong thing that can happen to you as a result of sex. And I'm pretty sure that she wanted mom and dad to find out about her birth control. Why else would she have made the choice that she did? There's always that subconscious desire to let people know that you are GROWN, when you don't have the privacy/responsibility of your own place.

    I also think that Amber is dealing with post-partum depression, which may be what made me think of Andrea Yates when I saw her. So sad.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #188
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,645

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    right . . . it seems like farrah's only goal is to find a boyfriend. she is clearly one of those boy obsessed girls. and like i said, i think she is probably sleeping w every guy she "dates". neither of the 2 dudes they have shown (the med school guy and the blk guy) seemed too interested in her. seemed like she was prob putting too much pressure on them to "be with" her.

    i really wish someone would diagnose amber - it is beyond apparent she is suffering from PPD.

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3784734;
    While Farrah is out searching for a man...ANY man...I hope she keeps in mind that pregnancy/another baby is not the only lifelong thing that can happen to you as a result of sex. And I'm pretty sure that she wanted mom and dad to find out about her birth control. Why else would she have made the choice that she did? There's always that subconscious desire to let people know that you are GROWN, when you don't have the privacy/responsibility of your own place.

    I also think that Amber is dealing with post-partum depression, which may be what made me think of Andrea Yates when I saw her. So sad.

  9. #189
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,449

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    It seems that a lot of people don't watch a lot of reality tv. Farrah's storyline is that she is dating and dealing with a controlling mother. That is the storyline the writers are going with. But we also know that she goes to culinary school, works as a model, and has another job. Why are people acting as though all she does is date and make her mother take care of her daughter? That is just most of what they show. We should all know that the writers focus on what is most interesting and cut out the boring stuff.
    I don't think any of these mothers have all the qualities desirable of a new mother. They have not had the time to mature and develop those skills. But this show is about watching the moms cope with their deficiencies and what life is like for teen moms. I think they are all trying to be good mothers and they are all struggling with their relationships and their immaturity. I think they are all good mothers but it is going to take them all some time to figure out how to achieve the perfect situation for their children. Most moms never accomplish the perfect environment for their kids.

  10. #190
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,541

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3785255;
    It seems that a lot of people don't watch a lot of reality tv. Farrah's storyline is that she is dating and dealing with a controlling mother. That is the storyline the writers are going with. But we also know that she goes to culinary school, works as a model, and has another job. Why are people acting as though all she does is date and make her mother take care of her daughter? That is just most of what they show. We should all know that the writers focus on what is most interesting and cut out the boring stuff.
    After watching tonight's episode I have to disagree. Farrah did not deny when her mother said that she was going out every weekend. The morning after she admitted to coming home at 3am she said that she was going right back out to hang out with her girlfriends. While her mom comes off as controlling, she has raised her children and probably does not want to have to do all of the heavy lifting to raise her grandchild also. I also don't believe Farrah does as much work as she would like us to think as a "model".

    Maci - She really seems to want to work things out with Ryan, but it is never going to work if he doesn't want it to and I have not even seen a glimmer that he wants to. I was really annoyed that the counseling session was all about what Maci can do to make things better when she is dealing with Ryan. WTH?? She already does all the work!!

    Catelynn - I was really happy for her going to the retreat. It seemed really good for her and definitely seemed to give her a better perspective.

    Amber continues to annoy. At least Gary seems to have his heart in the right place. It seems like nothing will make that girl happy. At least the baby was clothed through most of this show.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.