+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 122 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3780815;
    I don't mind that Farrah is dating a lot. A good mother is a happy mother. I know she got pregnant and had a baby but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't have happiness. The father of Sophia is definitely out having a great time. Why can't Farrah? I can't tell if she is out partying all the time or what, but I definitely think that she should be able to have a social life and all of that. No double standards here. I am glad that she is on birth control again. It is the responsible thing to do. Her parents are kidding themselves if they think she won't have sex again.
    Farrah and her boyfriend made the decision to have sex, and they should BOTH need to put their social lives aside for their baby. But just because the father is not living up to his responsibilities doesn't give Farrah a free pass.

I agree that it's okay that she have a social life, but she needs to at least put that on the back burner. We see Maci with her friends a few times, but she does that responsibly.

Even new moms who are adults take a break every so often and leave their baby with someone else, as they should, but the difference is that they do it once in a while, while Farrah is out a lot.

Is it just me who feels like Amber lets their baby crawl around on her own a lot for a baby that young?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I can't bite my tongue any longer. As much as I don't like Gary....he's is way too good for Amber. She will never be happy. SIX hours a WEEK on school???? She's lucky she's not my kid. (Because my kids are perfect, after all. ) And the language. I've been known to cuss like a sailor....but not in front of babies. I think saying she has issues is an understatement. Ugh.

Watching Farrah with her daughter....she doesn't seem at ease. She doesn't handle that baby as though she has handled a baby for very long at all. She's awkward and unsure of her self. Although I'm less than fond of the mom, I think the mom may be doing more of the baby-raising than Farrah is.

Maci seems like a good mom.....especially for her age. She might not have the "picking a good boyfriend" down - but she does take care of that baby.

From what I see......Catelynn and Taylor are the only two adults on this show - and that includes the parents of these teens.

FORT Fanatic

I think Amber has post-partum depression. It would explain a lot of her behaviour. Even if she is only going to school 6 hours a week that doesn't give Gary a free pass to be a slob and expect her to be his maid. Being home 24/7 with an infant isn't an easy job so I don't blame her for wanting him to take over so she can have some time to herself. And it says a lot about him when he leaves her with a roomful of laundry and an unchanged baby and puts the blame on her. If he can't do it on his own, why does he expect her to?

Can't stand Farrah's mother or sister. They're like broken records "think about Sophia, think about Sophia". Farrah can't even tell them about her possible plans without them cutting her off with that mantra. Personally I need to make decisions out loud by bouncing them off someone. Doesn't mean I will do what I'm planning, just that I'm thinking about it. But if someone were to talk to me like they do I'd do it just out of spite whether or not I really wanted to. They'd be better off setting babysitting hours and letting Farrah come to the right conclusion on her own. It does seem on the show she goes out a lot but I wonder about the editing. Is it a nightly thing, a few times a week, weekly? Weekly I'd be fine with, every mom needs friend time without a baby in tow (and work/school doesn't qualify as time out). More than that I agree completely she needs to reprioritize.

Catelynn & Taylor... I'm torn about these two. On one hand they made a huge grown up decision and have shown a lot of maturity about it. On the other hand I'm tired of the whining. Their parents are something else. Esp Taylor's dad, enough already! The adoption is done & over with, raging at them about it at every opportunity 1) isn't going to reverse it and 2) encourage them to let you be a grandpa when/if they have children in the future (that's assuming they don't cut him out of their lives long before that).

Ryan is an idiot. Maci has shown a lot of maturity as a mother and it's a shame Ryan hasn't stepped up (or at least tried to). If he were truly interested in marriage & fatherhood perhaps he should put down the phone, stop talking and actually SHOW it. Like giving them some attention when you come home after a month instead of bar hopping.

I have missed a few episodes, ...
    but didn't Farah decide not to involve the father of Sophia at all in the baby's life because he was abusive? Did she let him have access to the baby now?

I think Farah's sister is jealous. Jealous of Farah, her baby, her mother pretty much taking over Sophia and letting Farah have her way. IMO
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fogey

Catelynn and Tyler made a mature decision, however if they were under 18 than the parents could have easily sought custody of the child before adoption. Something is ringing just a little too story arc for me on this one. Family is looked at first in all cases before an adoption is allowed. If family wanted the child, than they would have gotten their chance.

Farrah is ridiculous. She acts like her child is an accessory. If anyone should have put her child up for adoption it should have been her. She is clearly not ready to put her child first in her life, and at her age that is normal, but if she decided to keep her than you must grow up.

Maci seems to love her son tremendously. She has the best interaction with him, and always goes back to him. Not sure why he was up at 3 in the morning with her when Ryan did not come home, but other than that she seems to have him on top of her priority list.

The two heavier set teens are just pathetic. What does the boy do? Does he work? That baby should be dressed at all times, and is always in a diaper only. It does not take hardly an ounce of energy to change a baby. I have no hope these two will get it together. If you have no money for school, why do you have a better cellphone than I do?

[QUOTE=MHcarrollton;3782721;]Catelynn and Tyler made a mature decision, however if they were under 18 than the parents could have easily sought custody of the child before adoption. Something is ringing just a little too story arc for me on this one. Family is looked at first in all cases before an adoption is allowed. If family wanted the child, than they would have gotten theiR chance. [/QUOTE/]

Maybe they tried. At the time of the adoption, Catelynn's mom and Tyler's dad were not married. Also, Tyler's dad has an extensive prison and criminal record. They probably would not even be considered for custody even if the petitioned for it.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66;3782719;
    I have missed a few episodes, ...
    but didn't Farah decide not to involve the father of Sophia at all in the baby's life because he was abusive? Did she let him have access to the baby now?
    She made him sound like he was a stalker, and possibly abusive. She made it very clear during the 16 and Pregnant show that he would not be a part of her child's life. I have not heard anything so far on Teen Mom that makes me think that has changed (I did miss half of one episode tho).

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;3782718;
    Can't stand Farrah's mother or sister. They're like broken records "think about Sophia, think about Sophia". Farrah can't even tell them about her possible plans without them cutting her off with that mantra. Personally I need to make decisions out loud by bouncing them off someone. Doesn't mean I will do what I'm planning, just that I'm thinking about it. But if someone were to talk to me like they do I'd do it just out of spite whether or not I really wanted to. They'd be better off setting babysitting hours and letting Farrah come to the right conclusion on her own. It does seem on the show she goes out a lot but I wonder about the editing. Is it a nightly thing, a few times a week, weekly? Weekly I'd be fine with, every mom needs friend time without a baby in tow (and work/school doesn't qualify as time out). More than that I agree completely she needs to reprioritize.
    While her mom and sister may be annoying, it would be even more immature of Farrah to go out to spite them. IMO, she needs to suck it up and be a parent for a while. At one time I was a teen parent and had very little, if any, time to myself. Every second was devoted to my child or college and that is just the way it was. Nearly any time I spent with friends was with my son in tow and they understood, but that was the price I paid for my decision. It was certainly difficult but I wouldn't go back and change it for a second, because my son is now a fantastic teenager himself! Farrah should be thanking her lucky stars that she has family around to babysit for her at all!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 01-04-2010 at 04:22 PM.

Farrah is an entitled snot nosed brat. She made the decison to be a mom and she should take care of that responsibility. So many people would love to have children, but choose to wait until they are ready...married, educated, finacially stable, etc. She is worthless.

FORT Fogey

I think there are lots of viewers who may be jealous of Farrah. I mean, she looks amazing even after having her daughter and she models. So I think people are particularly hard on her even though she isn't really doing anything offensive or unexpected. Also, if you go back to her episode on 16 and Pregnant, she was one of the most immature girls to begin with. And even so, she seems to think about her daughter and what is best for her. She doesn't always get it right but she isn't anywhere near being a bad mother and she isn't irresponsible either. She is inexperienced. I think all of the moms are inexperienced and are finding their old relationships difficult to maintain when they are mothers. They are all dealing with huge changes that are difficult for young mothers to deal with. They all make mistakes. It must really be tough. So I cannot judge them for that.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I can't imagine anyone being jealous of what Farrah has become. She's a whiny, immature teenager who seems to be annoyed by her baby (from what I've seen). Sure, she's pretty, and she was a popular cheerleader. I get that. But I also believe it's hard to be jealous of someone who seems unhappy about having to put dating on hold, is a spoiled brat who, as has been noted above, has most likely never heard the word "no".

Of course a happy mother is a good mother.....but if dating is the only way she is happy.....I think that is sad.

+ Reply to Thread