+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 121 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Kao

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I think it depends on the attitudes of all the individuals involved.

FORT Fogey

I think you're really overestimating the amount of contact Catelynn and Tyler have with the adoptive parents, proshay. From what we saw, they just send pictures or updates. I'm sure they send pictures to their parents, and to their siblings and their friends, as well as those updates.

I can, however, understand how it could be hard, if they were actually physically seeing the baby all the time. All new parents go through an adjustment period, trying to figure out what works and what doesn't, and everyone parents differently. If you had to see the baby's "real" parents and know that they were for sure thinking about how they would do it, that would be stressful.

FORT Regular

If Tylers dad is married to Catelynns mom, doesn't that make them step brother/sister?

Amber and her boyfriend are disguistingly obese. I feel sorry for their child. But mostly I feel sorry for Ambers boyfriend... for having to put up with an angry Jabba the Hutt for a girlfriend.

If he's paying all your bills, and all you have to do is go to school for 6 hours a week to finish your G.E.D., then the very least you can do is take care of the baby and keep the house clean. Instead, she's an incessant, whinny, angry, derogatory loud mouth.

Good, move out and live in the motel. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it isn't there anymore.

[mod edit]
    Last edited by Mariner; 12-30-2009 at 12:37 PM.

Farrah stop worrying about boys!!! And if your so worried about your parents knowing you are on birth control, why not get something that doesn't require you to store in a common use area, like the fridge. What a freakin moron. Get the pill if you don't want them knowing. At the end of the episode all the teen moms were with their kids (except for Catelynn of course) except for Farrah. Farrah is out partying with her friends, while her mother is watching her kid. The mom needs to put her foot down and tell Farrah she'll watch the baby for her when she has to work or go to school, but not when Farrah want to go hang out with her friends and party. Tell her to get another babysitter for that.

Gary and Amber don't need to be together. Amber is just a big a$$ pain. And why the hell did you move out into a hotel? Why not ask, your father or mother if you could stay with them for a while until you worked something else out.

Maci, I knew she would break down and get back with Ryan. They shouldn't try to force it just because they have a kid together. But by the looks of things from previews of the next episode, it just looks like more of the same for their relationship.

I really feel for Catelynn. It just seems like her mother doesn't care and that was so messed up how her mom already had her stuff packed and ready to go.

I don't have alot of hope for these girls and their babies. I was disappointed Maci got back with Ryan, I think he will not change and he doesn't seem like he's very bright. Being together just for the sake of their child is not a good idea.
    All Farrah cares about is Farrah.
    Amber is just a mess. Those anit-depressants she's on are not working. She did Gary a favor by leaving.
    The one I feel bad for is Catelynn. Her Mother obviously doesn't care about her. I'm glad Tylers Mother is helping her out for the time being.

I just have to say, seriously, this is one sad show. I feel so horrible for these kiddos. Struggling both financially and emotionally. I only wish all of them the best.

AMBER---she needs to so reign it in. You know I read somewhere, when you are angry like that and you take it out on the people around you that love you...it is really YOURSELF that you hate. Soooo, I think that is so true in this case. I think Amber hates herself and needs some help. And her father...what is HIS DEAL????? Why didn't HE drive Amber back home that day her car broke down instead of screaming at Gary..........

CATELYNN---her mom and her mom's BF are JERKS. PERIOD. JERKS. I said it before and I will say it again...I applaud her for giving her baby up.
    KAREN

Catelynn and Tyler- Will always be a sad story. Her mom was a b!tch and her step-dad is a jerk that doesnt care about her at all. If i was her mother id be standing up for my daughter. Tyler's mom was very nice for letting Catelynn live there, at least someone cares about them.

Amber and Gary- They need to loose weight. period. Gary is just as at fault as Amber. I know mothers who work full time, go to school and care for there child without a father and still have the house clean. Amber makes a moutain out of a mole hill. She neesd to learn to calm down and stop taking everything out on Gary. She wasnt very smart to move into a hotel, that costs mega bucks, but she doesnt care. I agree with whomever said it before, why didnt she ask her parents if she could move in, just for the time being?

Farrah - Sweet_lady said it best about Farrah and her mom not to mention the birth control.

Maci - I like her, shes not immature like some of the other girls, but dont force a penny into a keyhole. If its not going to work out then its not going to work out period. Do what you said, take time to work on making yourself happy, and going to school then work on you and ryan if you still have feelings. And please dont be weak just bc you are tired of being alone. There are alot of single parents out there.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

FORT Fogey

I don't mind that Farrah is dating a lot. A good mother is a happy mother. I know she got pregnant and had a baby but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't have happiness. The father of Sophia is definitely out having a great time. Why can't Farrah? I can't tell if she is out partying all the time or what, but I definitely think that she should be able to have a social life and all of that. No double standards here. I am glad that she is on birth control again. It is the responsible thing to do. Her parents are kidding themselves if they think she won't have sex again.

Has anyone seen the preview for next week? It shows Farrah out at a party again, asking some guy to go hang out, but the funny thing is he calls her out by saying something like shouldn't you be with Sophia. He is so right. She should be at home with her child, its not her parents job to take care of her. Yeah she's still a teen, but she's the one that decided to have sex and have a child. Time for you to grow up and put your social life on the back burner for a while, not forever, but for the time being.

FORT Newbie

C & T, her parents scream substance abuse(and jail time for sdad...nice tats..not) and to pack her daughter's belongings in garbage bags? C should be in a foster/mentor home if she's under 18. In our state they get suitcaseses and free college.

Farrah, ditch the ring, get the pill/shot. Parents should be grateful she's being proactive in that regard because she's a brat otherwise, but an enabled brat.....gmom cosleeping with babe whilst she goes out to party? Her baby seems like an accessory, who walks a babe in high heels? Waitressing to pay hospital bills? Again, our state pays for maternal/child healthcare if needed sounds like bs and its culinary school not "college'" unless its CIA(not sure where they live but that's ny

A & G anger mgt but he could pick up after himself. My personal rant put some clothes on that baby and stop shoving her in the pack n play I mean her friend shows up and the baby has just woken up from an nap and where does she go back in the pack n play with a bottle alone. I hate that, rule of thumb, your baby needs one more layer than you're comfortable with..........so disconnected. Obviously, this family needs nutritional/excercise counseling........terrible to be obese at such a young age

Maci you are a very mature woman. I applaud you for bettering yourself and being a great mom to Bentley/with great support as well

To the grandparents, talk to your kids early and often about your high expectations for them and realize that their sex lives are theirs/not yours and proceed accordingly with information

FYI, I'm a parent of six from 25-12 so we've been down the sex talk road and I'm a doula....they hate that jk

+ Reply to Thread