+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 121 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Glad to see that somebody else agrees with me that Catelynn and Tyler need to move on. They need to get on with their lives and can deal with meeting their baby when she (the baby) is ready and willing, further down the road. I don't quite see how the newly formed adoptive family can get going in the right direction if they are going to maintain constant contact with the birth parents. This situation has got to be stressful for the adoptive parents, and that stress will be passed on to the baby, whether they realize it or not.

And, I don't think it's wierd that Tyler's dad is married to Catelynn's mother. Stuff happens. What I do think is that Catelynn needs to move out and get her own place. She kept referring to Tyler's dad as her mother's "boyfriend". Too much togetherness is toxic. Catelynn is waaaay to much up in her mother's marriage/business.

And why doesn't Gary get Amber's car fixed....or her dad could step up and do it. You can listen to it and hear that that car is not at death's door. If I can listen and pick that up...it isn't that difficult. Amber's dad was out of order.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Well if Catelynn's mother is allowing her husband (who is NOT Catelynn's father) to continually berate her and make her feel guilty for the good, responsible decision she's made, then I'd say Catelynn's mother is not doing her job. When her mother's business impacts her so negatively, I believe she has a right to stand up for herself.

Also, how much do you actually know about open adoptions? Because lots of legitimate clinical studies have shown that the psychological effects of open adoptions are actually good for both birth AND adoptive parents.

I don't say that there should NEVER be any contact with the biological parents. I just think that they should be allowed to get their family foundation going strongly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

What makes you think that they haven't? All they are doing right now is sending pictures... the same way I'm sure they send them to their family and friends.

I completely forgot about some of the girls on 16 and Pregnant, b/c they arent in the Teen Mom series. I would like to know what happened with Whitney, and Ebony.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

I hope some teens can learn from this show how difficult it is to have a child so young, and not think "oh it will be different for me," because it probably won't be.

so apparently i fell asleep after the first 10 mins of the show the other night.

so yeah, shaq is a wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3776157;
    amber is getting on my nerves too, lol.

farrah is a mess, but her mother is an even bigger one. i can't wait til she finds out that shaq is black! then again, shaq may be over her already.

i think c&t are handling things very well. i think it just seems like they are always talking abt the baby. in reality, they prob live very normal teenage lives, but the show is only airing the parts that deal w the baby since that's what the show is abt.

i don't think the situation is stressful at all for the adoptive parents. they chose an open adoption. they control how much contact/access c&t have to the baby. in my opinion, this is the best and least stressful form of adoption for everyone involved.

i also disagree re catelynn and her dealings w her mom and butch. butch is a career criminal that has spent most of his life in jail. he does not really know how to function in the "real world". her mother needs to get a backbone and show some support for her daughter. i9 think the best thing would be for her to get a place of her own tho.

as far as gary and amber. he needs to get her some counseling and anger management far more than she needs her car fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3776356;
    Glad to see that somebody else agrees with me that Catelynn and Tyler need to move on. They need to get on with their lives and can deal with meeting their baby when she (the baby) is ready and willing, further down the road. I don't quite see how the newly formed adoptive family can get going in the right direction if they are going to maintain constant contact with the birth parents. This situation has got to be stressful for the adoptive parents, and that stress will be passed on to the baby, whether they realize it or not.

And, I don't think it's wierd that Tyler's dad is married to Catelynn's mother. Stuff happens. What I do think is that Catelynn needs to move out and get her own place. She kept referring to Tyler's dad as her mother's "boyfriend". Too much togetherness is toxic. Catelynn is waaaay to much up in her mother's marriage/business.

And why doesn't Gary get Amber's car fixed....or her dad could step up and do it. You can listen to it and hear that that car is not at death's door. If I can listen and pick that up...it isn't that difficult. Amber's dad was out of order.

FORT Fogey

We have adopted three children. Two siblings in a closed adoption, and one in an open adoption. Open adoptions are horrible. You feel like you are never really a family at all. Your whole life feels like someone is watching over you at all times. I can only imagine how stressful the adoptive parent's life is. Adoptive parents always know there is a chance when the child reaches 18 that they will go looking for their family, but when the family is already involved from the start, it really is not a livable situation.

Thank you for your 1st hand experience input. That is exactly the point that I didn't seem to have the words to make. I just can't figure out when it is that you are able to relax. I'm sure other people have different experiences, though. It's just that the mother in me doesn't quite understand.

+ Reply to Thread