+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111112113114115116117118119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1210
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Anyone else think it was really gross when he took the drug test at the restaurant and then is sitting there at the restaurant table with a little cup of urine?? Disgusting. WHY would they not wait until they got home to one of their houses to take the test? No need to take it in a public place. And congratulations, he "barely" passed the THC portion. It's probably best that he wasn't around Drake much, as it's clear that he was not willing to stop smoking weed once he was born, and it's likely that he would be under the influence around him at some point. And acting like it was a huge deal to give her a pack of diapers and wipes every week. He should have been grateful that that was all they were asking for at that point.

I liked her final words though, saying that you might end up having to depend on your parents for longer if you get pregnant at a young age. And making the very important point that you probably aren't going to stay with the father of your child.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

And as far as Autumn, I just read an article that her sister, Misty, who we saw in the show for all of 5 minutes had a baby at 18yo out of wedlock as well.

I wonder how old Autumn is because I thought I heard her say 14yo???
    KAREN

I think she said 16 or 17, since that's usually the age that the girls are.

I saw Summer's ep last night. It focused a lot on her mom's drug addiction. Their accents were VERY strong.

The mom and the aunt were very unhelpful in the hospital. Yes, please go on about how horribly painful and terrible it is to a girl who's already freaked out while offering NO emotional support in this difficult process. Awful. And DJs decision to buy the puppy, specifically a pitbull, was beyond stupid. I'm assuming he doesn't have it anymore. It was being left alone for long periods of time while he tended to the baby. Pitbulls are known for being aggressive dogs so it was really not a good choice with a kid. I saw another dog in the house, looked to be some sort of small poodle. His sister seemed to be the smartest person on the show, explaining to him that it was a stupid decision. His mom shouldn't have allowed it.

It also seemed quite odd that they met online and had been together for 3 years. That would mean they met online at age 14...

Oh yeah, and one of Summer's sisters is named Pookie.
    "In spite of all the temptation you have endured, all the suffering, you remain pure of heart, just as pure as you were at the age of eleven, when you stared into a mirror that reflected your heart's desire, and it showed you only the way to thwart Lord Voldemort, and not immortality or riches."

I have been watching each episode and I have to say this one with Summer is by far the saddest.

(I had to put my closed captions on as I could not understand a word they were saying).

That hospital room is exactly why hospitals need to get back to only have 2 in the room. That was ridiculous all of them telling Summer how horrible child birth is. Gawd.

Buy that crib from that lady with the patch and then to have it full of BUGS. OMG. OMG.

Getting that pitbull.........so wrong.

Summer seems to be such a nice young girl but sooooo much dysfunction in her life.

Her mother is a train wreck.
    KAREN

This one made me sad as well. None of them stand a chance no matter how hard that dear girl tries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    momrek06 likes this.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

SO I have been watching this whole series and I had to stop.

Its beyond SAD.

I finally erased the "series" off my DVR after the other night.

I cannot even remember the kids names but they named their baby Genevieve (Evie).

Neither of them work. They are homeless. They have no money. They were going from friend's floors or couches to just sleep.
    I am not sure where they were but it was winter and it was cold and they were literally out on the streets walking in the freezing temps.

They had a car that they were living in but it broke down. They just ditched it.

HER parents kicked them out as neither were working. They asked the BF to get a job or he is OUT. He refused and they BOTH left.

She never ended up having any more contact with her parents.

She had the baby.

Now they are once again staying with the new baby on someone's couch.

They have NO money.

In a desperate act they called the BF's Dad out of state, Texas, the dad said come here.

And the episode ended.

OMG. Very sad. Very sad. Very sad.

I am done.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Definitely a time when the state should have been called and stepped in, just from your recounting.

I don't think I've seen any of these shows this season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Definitely a time when the state should have been called and stepped in, just from your recounting.

I don't think I've seen any of these shows this season.
    OMG, I kept thinking exactly THAT. Why the state did not come and take that baby?

The Texas dad did say he could get them BOTH work. AND stay with him. So hopefully things are improving.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The state can't know unless somebody alerts them.

I wouldn't hold my breath on them doing better.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That was the worst episode I've seen. They would have done the baby a world of good by choosing adoption. It's beyond me how they thought they were going to manage a newborn without even a place to live. The dad was terrible when he said he could just leave and she'd be stuck there. He also seemed completely unaware of many of the problems that they'd have once the baby arrived and was much too carefree. At the beginning it said that he had a scholarship to college but dropped out. I don't believe that he could have gotten a scholarship when he seemed more interested in playing video games than doing anything useful like looking for a job. Hopefully things improved when they moved to Texas.

+ Reply to Thread