+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 122 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I wanted to watch the reunion but didn't. So I don't know what said about the adoption what has gone on between when the baby was adopted and the taping of this show. If the birth parents were sending a lot of letters or trying to make contact to the point where it was uncomfortable for the adoptive parents or expressing regret over the adoption then I could see the adoptive parents being hesitant. But I don't know if that's the case or whatever.

It's hard on both couples though who go through an adoption (birth and adoptive) and it can bring up some uncomfortable feelings on both sides I know. It's not easy for anyone involved.

FORT Fogey

I think that the guidelines for Semi-open adoptions vs. open adoptions probably vary by agency. Also, from a legal standing, you could probably do a semi-open and say okay, these are your rights, but you're not limited to those. So the adoptive parents are only required to do a b and c but the CAN do x y and z as well.

Catelynn and Tyler are incredible kids. At such a young age, to be so mature and selfless just amazes me. I did not see their episode, but the footage shown from it on the reunion was so touching. They will both be exceptional parents when they are older, whether they are still together or not.

I also thought Maci was desperately trying to send the message that just because things worked out okay for her did NOT mean that it was okay to have a baby so young. I thought she handled herself very well, and I really think her life will turn out okay in spite of the setbacks this may have caused her.

There's something off-putting about Farrah's mother to me, though since I didn't see her episode in it's entirety either, I can't really say what.

There's something off-putting about Farrah's mother to me, though since I didn't see her episode in it's entirety either, I can't really say what.
    She was horrible in that episode. She hit her daughter, and was just mean to her and just wasn't mom-like at all. She is a negative person, but during the reunion show she seemed to be holding back. She almost comes off like she has a hatred of men. That's just how I felt. You should watch the episode if you get the chance!

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3624396;
    Catelynn and Tyler are incredible kids. At such a young age, to be so mature and selfless just amazes me. I did not see their episode, but the footage shown from it on the reunion was so touching.
    You should watch it, you'll bawl your eyes out.

Yes, please watch it online. That was such a great episode. Loved it through and through. It's probably one of my favorite reality TV episodes, ever.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3625951;
    Yes, please watch it online. That was such a great episode. Loved it through and through. It's probably one of my favorite reality TV episodes, ever.
    I DVR'd it, I agree, it should definitley win some kind of award.

Anybody watch the unseen footage? Farrah is such a freaking spoiled brat and deserved to be popped by her mom. They had showed footage of Farrah and her Dad driving her somewhere and she was being such a little brat. I was just annoyed with her behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3632893;
    Anybody watch the unseen footage? Farrah is such a freaking spoiled brat and deserved to be popped by her mom. They had showed footage of Farrah and her Dad driving her somewhere and she was being such a little brat. I was just annoyed with her behavior.
    I DVRed it, but haven't watched yet. I can't say I'm surprised to hear about Farrah's bratty behavior. On her episode she seemed to think she was entitled to get anything she could possibly want. I found it infuriating.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, her parents raised her that way, didn't they?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

they sure did.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3634570;
    Well, her parents raised her that way, didn't they?

+ Reply to Thread