+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4133549;
    Actually, it would be better for Amber to be in court-mandated out patient therapy. An inpatient treatment takes away all the stressors and triggers of everyday life and I'm sure she could perform perfectly fine there, be released, and then just wreak havoc again. But if she HAD to attend court mandated therapy, she would be forced to go, and the therapist would not release her from treatment until she was capable of behaving (so to speak) in every day life. This could also help to protect Leah - often mothers in this type of treatment are not allowed to have custody of their children until their treatment is complete, and their therapist knows that.

Actually, I was thinking of the safety of the general public as well as Leah. Amber seems to be behaving as if she's one taco short of a combination plate lately, and I don't know why that is. There have been reports that it may be due to the abuse of various prescription drugs, which Amber denies (but I'm not really willing to take her word for it). If she's been drinking or doing drugs or some combination thereof, I'd like to see her detox somewhere safe, so she doesn't hurt herself or anyone else while she's doing that.

Admittedly, I have no idea how bad her problems might be, but she's supposedly had out-patient type therapy before, and it hasn't seemed to help much, and it worries me what she might be doing when not in those daily therapy sessions. A big part of the problem appears to be that Gary desperately doesn't want to believe that she's a hot mess and that allows her to deny it as well.

FORT Fogey

If she has a drinking or drug problem then she needs to be in an inpatient facility, however, in terms of what we know (which is that she has an anger management issue, a serious one), inpatient treatment is not the way to go.

Further, as far as we know, her out-patient therapy has been voluntary. The difference is huge - a voluntary client can just stop coming, or switch therapists if she doesn't like what she's hearing. Someone being ordered to be there by a court is held accountable for what she has been learning in therapy. She can't be discharged until the therapist says so, and she can't get off probation until she's discharged, and she can't get her kid back until she's off probation. It really does work.

Amber's salary was revealed in court and it is much more than previously reported, apparently her salary is $280,000. What do you guys think about this?

I know they are just normal girls and everything but their show brings in huge ratings for MTV, almost as much as Jersey Shore. Idk if I think they should be paid that much but I do feel like they should be compensated well for being on one of MTV's most popular shows.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4134192;
    Amber's salary was revealed in court and it is much more than previously reported, apparently her salary is $280,000. What do you guys think about this?
    It explains why her & Gary don't want to work.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4134203;
    It explains why her & Gary don't want to work.
    Definitely! I knew they had to be making more than people were saying, there aren't that many episodes per season and if they were only making the $5,00 or whatever an episode they would probably still have to work.

It doesn't, however, explain why the eff Amber didn't have a sheet for Leah's crib! There is just no excuse for that when she's making this much money.

FORT Fogey

If she's making that kind of money, plus whatever Amber may be making for granting all the interviews she's been doing (some publications will pay, but some will not), why couldn't she just pay for someone to come in once a week and keep their home from becoming the pit it always seemed to be? I mean, I'm nobody's idea of a housekeeper, but even I wouldn't live like that.

I know they are just normal girls and everything but their show brings in huge ratings for MTV, almost as much as Jersey Shore. Idk if I think they should be paid that much but I do feel like they should be compensated well for being on one of MTV's most popular shows.
    KAREN

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

No wonder it is being reported that teens are getting pregnant intentionally to get on this show. This is outrageous.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;4134337;
    No wonder it is being reported that teens are getting pregnant intentionally to get on this show. This is outrageous.
    It occurs to me that one way they could make getting on the show less desirable would be to have the contracts for the girls stipulate that a good portion of the salaries paid to the girls be put aside in an account for their babies' eventual educations. It you ask me, that would be perfectly fair, since the babies are on the show too and are having their infancies/toddlerhoods broadcast nationwide. Seems to me they're as much the "stars" of the shows as their mothers, and they ought to be compensated somehow, especially since they had no voice in choosing to be on the show.

FORT Fogey

The only thing about this season that was heartening was the fact that all the fathers came out as well as the mothers. They seem much more involved and positive than previous seasons. None of them are perfect by any means but it's nice that they are at least around.

+ Reply to Thread