+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;4129435;
    Thanks for the input on Megan's episode. In response to your questions and comments:

Everybody on the show was portrayed exactly as they are. No good/bad editing done.

Moriah (Megan's sister) definitely could have kicked Nathan's butt...but was begged by Megan to "play nice" She loves Megan so much.

Today....Megan and Nathan are not together as a couple. They still see each other for the sake of Blake, but only as parents. Nathan has moved back in with his mother. Still does not have a job (and, no....he never went to Texas for the job offered to him on the show). Megan graduated early and is working full time while her mom watches the baby. She has really matured even since the show, Blake is a real cutie and is now walking all over....even walked over to my yard to see me the other day.

So that's the latest.
    I just watched this one yesterday. Both sets of parents seemed really supportive, so that was good. However, Megan's mom never should have let Nathan move in with them - especially when her husband was opposed to it. I'm sure we didn't see the entire background around that decision, but it sure seemed like the kind of thing that could cause strife in the parent's marriage!

Nathan frustrated me to know end. What an unmotivated freeloader! When he and Megan were discussing the job opportunity in Texas he said something to her like "Well do you want me to work or do you want me to stay home and take care of the baby?" I just wanted to yell at the TV, "You aren't staying home taking care of the baby, you are staying home playing video games!!!!" I was left feeling like her mom was a major enabler for him. I couldn't believe she was taking care of the baby all day while he was playing that %$#^ game!

I liked Megan's sister and dad the best. They were clearly very concerned for her future happiness. I hope they both stay safe during their deployments!

I think Megan is better off on her own that on the emotional roller-coaster Nathan was taking her on! And good for Megan that she was able to graduate early. She is very fortunate that her family is able to help her so much! Also great to hear that baby Blake is doing well, thanks for the update Missy Girl!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;4127403;
    Hey all. I just watched the episode on Megan and Nathan. Did anybody else watch...and if so.....what were your thoughts?

On Megan?
    On Nathan?
    On Megan's mom, dad and sister?
    On Nathan's mom?

I am curious as Megan is my neighbor and I know all of these people quite well.
    I thought it was a terrible idea for Megan's mom to let Nathan move in in the first place. I am shocked that she would do that with dad so against it. I would think that could cause trouble for Megan's parents' relationship. Her mom also seemed overly enthusiastic about the pregnancy, not mad at all which struck me as odd. I would not have been so excited to buy my daughter a maternity dress for a school dance and take pictures etc. Megan seemed about the maturity level I would expect for her age. She made basically no demands on Nathan which didn't surprise me. It did surprise me that her mother didn't either, all while allowing Nathan to sit on his butt and play games all day. Now, maybe she did say things to him and the editing didn't show that, but I doubt it. If they're not together anymore I would say Megan isn't missing anything!

FORT Newbie

Regarding tonight's episode (Ashley), I was very happy that they showed another girl considering adoption. There have been so many episodes with the girl raising the child in a difficult emotional and/or financial situation where adoption was never even considered, not to mention abortion. But, I was upset that in the beginning of the episode you weren't sure which way Ashley was going to decide, and then MTV shows a commercial for the reunion show and says she will get to see her baby again. So obviously she ended up choosing adoption in the end. I wish they would have left it a surprise because it would have made the last half hour of the show (where Ashley takes the baby back) much more interesting. I am glad that the aunt and uncle were so understanding with her and allowed her to have the baby for such a long time while she made her final decision. I just think it made it harder on her in the long run and the whole thing would have worked out better with counselors involved the entire time, not just after things went poorly.

did anyone see the previews for Teen Mom 2? Why did they include that trash, Janelle? I'm wondering if they decided to include her so as to have documentation that would help her mom get custody of Jace? Also, please tell me my eyes deceived me when I thought I saw that Chelsea is back with that loser, Adam! Ugh! If she is, all my sympathy for her will be gone! I'm glad Leah came to her senses & realized what a great guy she has in Corey (I think that is his name). I'm glad Corey was big-hearted & forgiving enough to take her back after how horribly she treated him. Hopefully she appreciates him now, & treats him much better! I guess we'll see!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4132265;
    did anyone see the previews for Teen Mom 2? Why did they include that trash, Janelle? I'm wondering if they decided to include her so as to have documentation that would help her mom get custody of Jace? Also, please tell me my eyes deceived me when I thought I saw that Chelsea is back with that loser, Adam! Ugh! If she is, all my sympathy for her will be gone! I'm glad Leah came to her senses & realized what a great guy she has in Corey (I think that is his name). I'm glad Corey was big-hearted & forgiving enough to take her back after how horribly she treated him. Hopefully she appreciates him now, & treats him much better! I guess we'll see!
    I saw the preview a couple nights ago. I think they included Jenelle because she's been one of the most talked about moms since the show ended, I think lots of people are curious to see if she has shaped up at all. (It doesn't really like it in the preview)

Unfortunately your eyes did not deceive you...it seems that Chelsea is indeed back with Adam. I was pretty shocked when I saw that, he was the most horrible dad that has ever been on the show imo and I just can't believe she would go back to him. I also have zero sympathy for her now. Do you think she changed her daughter's name back?

I was also happy to see Cory and Leah together in the preview!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and even getting married?
    I felt so bad for him during their episode because you could really see how much he loved her and his daughters, I am so happy they were able to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now;4132298;
    I saw the preview a couple nights ago. I think they included Jenelle because

I was also happy to see Cory and Leah together in the preview!
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and even getting married?
    I felt so bad for him during their episode because you could really see how much he loved her and his daughters, I am so happy they were able to work it out.

Oh that scene in the truck, when he's crying & telling her how much he loves her & the girls...just heartbreaking! It was uncomfortable for me to watch! I felt like I was intruding or something! Out of all the dads, he is the one who truly "manned up" in every sense ~ working extra job(s), selling his truck to get a more family-friendly vehicle, being there emotionally & financially for his kids. Amazing that the one guy out of all these episodes that actually does what he needs to do goes unappreciated by the baby's mother! Thank goodness she realized how wrong she was, & lucky for her that he was still willing to work things out!

FORT Fogey

Amber Portwood (16 and Pregnant, Teen Mom) is currently in jail on a 24 hour hold. She has been officially charged with two felony counts of domestic battery, one misdemeanor account of domestic battery, and one felony account of neglect of a dependent. She faces up to three years in jail plus a $10,000 fine. She's already put up $5,000 in bail, but according to the police, it isn't unusual to put someone facing such charges on a 24 hour hold prior to releasing him/her on bail.

According to her brother, she was on the way to her mother's to celebrate a late Christmas when she was arrested. He's also saying that Gary is with Amber's family and is very upset about the charges. Personally, I hope the latter is not true. At some point, I'd like Gary to wake up and realize that his enabling of Amber is a huge part of the problem and that neither he nor anyone else deserves to be treated as Amber has treated him and that it is very, very bad for Leah to observe her mother behaving in such a way toward him or anyone else, not to mention that it is potentially dangerous for Leah to be around Amber, should she ever lose her temper sufficiently to lash out at Leah.

If Amber doesn't get jail time, I hope she at least is pushed into a residential treatment situation, because there appears to be something quite wrong there. I don't know if it's a chemical dependency or something else, but she doesn't seem capable of controlling her anger at all. I don't think out patient therapy is the answer, because I don't trust Amber to handle herself outside of a structured setting until she's learned more appropriate ways to handle her anger.

Amber also allegedly now regrets the huge--and rather ugly--tattoo she got of Leah, because it turned out to be painful, and she has difficulty sleeping because of it. Well, duh--didn't it occur to her that a tattoo that large and in that position might hurt for a while and make it difficult to sleep on that side? You'd think she'd be more likely to have buyer's remorse over how awful looking the thing is. Really, having a large, professionally done portrait of Leah would have made more sense. Might have been cheaper too.

that tattoo is hideous. it looks nothing like Leah.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;4133543;
    that tattoo is hideous. it looks nothing like Leah.
    People also really need to think about the size and placement (not to mention the appearance) of a tattoo before they get one. I volunteer at a nursing home, and let me tell you, tattoos do not always age well. I'm sure some of those guys got tattoos when they had major muscles, but once the muscle tone goes...well, so does the tattoo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4133523;

If Amber doesn't get jail time, I hope she at least is pushed into a residential treatment situation, because there appears to be something quite wrong there. I don't know if it's a chemical dependency or something else, but she doesn't seem capable of controlling her anger at all. I don't think out patient therapy is the answer, because I don't trust Amber to handle herself outside of a structured setting until she's learned more appropriate ways to handle her anger.
    Actually, it would be better for Amber to be in court-mandated out patient therapy. An inpatient treatment takes away all the stressors and triggers of everyday life and I'm sure she could perform perfectly fine there, be released, and then just wreak havoc again. But if she HAD to attend court mandated therapy, she would be forced to go, and the therapist would not release her from treatment until she was capable of behaving (so to speak) in every day life. This could also help to protect Leah - often mothers in this type of treatment are not allowed to have custody of their children until their treatment is complete, and their therapist knows that.

+ Reply to Thread