+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Missy Girl;4127403;
    Hey all. I just watched the episode on Megan and Nathan. Did anybody else watch...and if so.....what were your thoughts?

On Megan?
    On Nathan?
    On Megan's mom, dad and sister?
    On Nathan's mom?

I am curious as Megan is my neighbor and I know all of these people quite well.
    Recorded, haven't watched it yet. Do you feel like they are portrayed accurately, or that they've gotten a good (or bad) edit?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4127226;
    The trailer for Teen Mom 2 is up on MTV's site.

The mom's are Leah (the mother of the twins), Jenelle (who has a very volatile relationship with her mom), Kailyn, and Chelsea. Jenelle looks like she has the potential to be Amber and Farrah combined, and from the trailer it appears that Leah and her boyfriend worked things out since the finale of their season.
    I might have to skip this season. I don't think I can take anymore Amber/Farrah wannabees.

FORT Fogey

Chelsea was the girl with the sweet baby girl and the idiot boyfriend right? Who didn't want anything to do with her? And the really great dad?? I think I remember liking her a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4127423;
    I watched last night's episode. Nathan makes me sick. If I were Megan (or Megan's mom) I would have sold the darn video system and bought diapers and baby clothes. The girls are forced to grow up, but the boys are allowed to still act like children.

I LOVED the sister. I was surprised she didn't kick the you know what out of Nathan. She's in the military, I'm sure she could do it.
    Recording shows on MTV is such a pain because the previous shows always over run and then the show I want to record (like this one) cuts off at the end. Ugh.

Can anyone tell me what happened at the end? Are they still together?
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4127466;
    Chelsea was the girl with the sweet baby girl and the idiot boyfriend right? Who didn't want anything to do with her? And the really great dad?? I think I remember liking her a lot...
    Is she the one who let her boyfriend walk all over her? Her dad tried to tell her that if the boyfriend was that mean to the child, then he was NOT a good person. They ended up going to a lawyer to get the dad's name off the birth certificate. Is that the same one?

If this is the same girl, she needs some serious counseling. She was VERY verbally and emotionally abused by her boyfriend, but couldn't see it. She is likely to find another boyfriend to treat her the same way unless she gets some help. She is clueless about relationships and has no self-esteem.

FORT Fogey

I don't know about that. She kept putting up with it because he was saying he wanted to be involved in the baby's life. Then when he said he didn't want to be involved with the baby she was done...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4127495;
    Is she the one who let her boyfriend walk all over her? Her dad tried to tell her that if the boyfriend was that mean to the child, then he was NOT a good person. They ended up going to a lawyer to get the dad's name off the birth certificate. Is that the same one?

If this is the same girl, she needs some serious counseling. She was VERY verbally and emotionally abused by her boyfriend, but couldn't see it. She is likely to find another boyfriend to treat her the same way unless she gets some help. She is clueless about relationships and has no self-esteem.
    Yes, that's the one.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4127423;
    I watched last night's episode. Nathan makes me sick. If I were Megan (or Megan's mom) I would have sold the darn video system and bought diapers and baby clothes. The girls are forced to grow up, but the boys are allowed to still act like children.

I LOVED the sister. I was surprised she didn't kick the you know what out of Nathan. She's in the military, I'm sure she could do it.
    I loved Megan's sister too! I was NOT impressed with Nathan AT ALL! What a lazy free-loader. Geez, he wasn't even working & still Megan's mom watched the baby all day while Nathan did nothing. He should have at least been taking care of his own child. Pathetic.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As a norm, guys are so seriously behind in maturity than girls. That is biology. There are few boys/men who mirror the females, and you can't guilt them into it. It's just not there. Guys are designed to go out and make babies all over the place; girls are designed to sit down and take care of those babies....unless you run into an aberrancy....and when you are dealing with people as young as these people are, it's worse than ever. "Why can't he change?? Why can't he be more like meeee??" It just doesn't usually work that way, that's why.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thanks for the input on Megan's episode. In response to your questions and comments:

Everybody on the show was portrayed exactly as they are. No good/bad editing done.

Moriah (Megan's sister) definitely could have kicked Nathan's butt...but was begged by Megan to "play nice" She loves Megan so much.

Today....Megan and Nathan are not together as a couple. They still see each other for the sake of Blake, but only as parents. Nathan has moved back in with his mother. Still does not have a job (and, no....he never went to Texas for the job offered to him on the show). Megan graduated early and is working full time while her mom watches the baby. She has really matured even since the show, Blake is a real cutie and is now walking all over....even walked over to my yard to see me the other day.

So that's the latest.

+ Reply to Thread