+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fanatic

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

I am also concerned about overspending on war, then a family being fed. I'm 55, born and raised on the south side of Chicago, currently residing in Houston, and in all my years, I've never looked in anyone's grocery cart, or looked at their method of payment (unless the last minute check writers). How does almost everyone have a food stamp story?

My family has never wanted for anything, and I would want the same for any other family. Just saying!
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4124015;
    I am also concerned about overspending on war, then a family being fed. I'm 55, born and raised on the south side of Chicago, currently residing in Houston, and in all my years, I've never looked in anyone's grocery cart, or looked at their method of payment (unless the last minute check writers). How does almost everyone have a food stamp story?

My family has never wanted for anything, and I would want the same for any other family. Just saying!

I agree. Some people feel differently. The one thing we can't discuss in my family is politics. After a heated discussion on social policies one Thanksgiving, I vowed to never get into it with family again. LOL

I do think that the Moms on Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant get some funds. I hope they use it wisely, though it appears some do not.

Hey, did any of you see the story about Farrah's baby Sophia's paternal grandmother last night on some show. I think it was Entertainment Tonight? She was BEGGING Farrah to let her be a part of Sophia's life. She said she had not supported her dead son and Farrah's relationship in the past, but she regrets it and wants a chance to be a grandmother to Sophia, since she has lost her only boy. She admitts she asked for a paternity test when Sophia was first born and Farrah refused. Farrah was too dumb to realize she would need proof of parternity to get death benefits for Sophia. She eventually needed the dad's family to help her get Sophia the benefits.

Grandmother was rather pitiful. She says she ACCIDENTIALLY ran into Sophia in the park with a babysitter and the sitter let her hold Sophia and take photos of them together. Farrah hit the roof! Grandma is still begging for a chance with Sophia.

Quote Originally Posted by StormWarning1;4123946;
    Too bad you didn't have parents who did their job, which would have taken care of teaching you about the emotional and social responsibilities of sex. Once again, you're asking The Government to do it all for you.
    tears.and.rain and I did not make any argument that the government should be responsible for teaching kids sex education. You went down that path and we were just pointing out that school education in this area is not enough and that kids need to get this education from their parents. So as shocking as it may seem, I guess we may actually all agree on that one.

So yes, I can afford to buy my own meat. I can afford filet mignon when I need a decent steak. But I also have a mortgage and other bills, including having to pay for all your handouts that you seem to feel you deserve by virtue of breathing.
    Clearly we all have our own opinions on this issue, which is part of what makes this country great. What I do not understand is why you are personally attacking those of us who do not agree with you. I have not asked for YOUR taxpayer dollars to pay for anything for me. I am quite capable of caring for my family without your assistance. I simply do not share your distaste for having my tax dollars used to help improve the lives of people who are less fortunate than I am.

trust and believe, i am by no means stupid and do not need you to define what a postgraduate degree is. and clearly, collecting degrees does not a genius make.

and woopty doo that you did on your own and blah, blah, blah . . .

i don't need or desire any handouts, thank you very much. i also don't begrudge people that do.

and like i said, too bad all your education didn't garner you a better paying job, bc i manage to pay a mortgage in california and all my other bills with only one college degree under my belt AND i eat filet mignon and anything else i want whenever i want.

I prefer to stay and fight. I don't like the way the government is using my taxes and I'm doing something about it -- I'm voting in representatives who treat my money with respect.

I do have a great paying job, putting me in a tax bracket (approximately 40%) to pay for all those wonderful government programs that keep you sucking at the teat of society. I have 2 post-graduate degrees (that does not mean 2 degrees after high school. My two degrees came AFTER finishing college). And my parents contributed some to my education, but I had to earn over 75% of the money. I didn't finish in 4 years, that's for sure. I worked 60 hours a week and went to school full time, graduating with a 3.65 GPA. While attending school, I didn't have much time to screw around and have fun, but let me tell you, now that I'm earning my own and not begging society to save my ass, I'm having a lot of fun.

So yes, I can afford to buy my own meat. I can afford filet mignon when I need a decent steak. But I also have a mortgage and other bills, including having to pay for all your handouts that you seem to feel you deserve by virtue of breathing.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! i'd rather feed a million "welfare moms" and their kids than continue to spend billions to bomb and murder humans in other countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4123998;

I am more concerned with the government over spending on war than I am for a pregnant mother and child's food and medical expenses, but that's me.

i mean really . . . . what kind of person is standing in line surveying how others are paying for their groceries anyway? not even just how they pay, vbut mad bc they bought brand name instead of generic, lol . . . . seems to me there's got to be better ways to spend your time.

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4124015;

amen!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4124043;

Clearly we all have our own opinions on this issue, which is part of what makes this country great. What I do not understand is why you are personally attacking those of us who do not agree with you. I have not asked for YOUR taxpayer dollars to pay for anything for me. I am quite capable of caring for my family without your assistance. I simply do not share your distaste for having my tax dollars used to help improve the lives of people who are less fortunate than I am.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StormWarning1;4123870;
    Too bad you didn't have parents who did their job, which would have taken care of teaching you about the emotional and social responsibilities of sex. Once again, you're asking The Government to do it all for you.
    I'm choosing to ignore the rest of your post, but my parents DID their job. They also taught me to have compassion and empathy for those who were not given the privileges I was, and certainly for their children, who had nothing to do with it.

FORT Fanatic

Last night watching E, (I think) they said Tim Gunn was the lowest paid reality star at $2500.00 per episode. They said right above him on the list were the MTV Teen Moms.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4124837;
    Last night watching E, (I think) they said Tim Gunn was the lowest paid reality star at $2500.00 per episode. They said right above him on the list were the MTV Teen Moms.
    I read about that on ONTD. It made me feel so bad for Tim! He's way btter than those Teen Moms. lol Did they also say that he did one of the seasons of the show for free? I just love him.

+ Reply to Thread