+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 121 FirstFirst ... 65696979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1210
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

  1. #1051
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    711

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4118606;
    I only saw part of the show, but when someone refuses a patenity test, it's a red flag IMO. There is no reason not to do it, is there? Why not quash any false rumors that the child is not your boyfriend's child.

    Please tell me because I missed this part. Were the parents in that episode married? I"m referring to the one where the father had an athletic scholarship to college and turned it down because of the pregnancy.
    From what I remember they were got married. The family was really hard on Christina who had no family support of her own. I liked them as a couple, and thought they could make it without his family interfering. I kept thinking why doesn't he take the scholarship, go to school, and live in married/family housing.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

  2. #1052
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,822

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4118615;
    From what I remember they were got married. The family was really hard on Christina who had no family support of her own. I liked them as a couple, and thought they could make it without his family interfering. I kept thinking why doesn't he take the scholarship, go to school, and live in married/family housing.
    I didn't see enough of the show to form an opinion. If they were already married, then I can see how mom didn't want to take the paternity test, however, if if was my son who was giving up so much of his future education and career, I would really like to know for sure that it was his child. It's only fair to the child to know the truth too.

    I guess it just boggles my mind that so many of these young people think that there are so many reasons to NOT get an education. They just don't know, how much they don't know. I have never met anyone who said, I regret getting a college degree or I wish I had never gotten my high school diploma. It's so crazy.

    They just don't understand that it is nearly impossible to support yourself, let alone a family, on a minimum wage income. Unless you have family or friends to keep your child, you won't make enough money to even pay daycare. Still, they just don't get it. And what about medical insurance? Even if the child is covered by medicad, the parents won't have coverage without jobs that provide it as a benefit.

    I think MTV really does these kids a disservice, because they could help provide them all of this information, but they don't seem to do that. If the parent is smart enough to point it out, the kids still don't listen, so what can you really do.

  3. #1053
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,525

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;4118615;
    From what I remember they were got married. The family was really hard on Christina who had no family support of her own. I liked them as a couple, and thought they could make it without his family interfering. I kept thinking why doesn't he take the scholarship, go to school, and live in married/family housing.
    Good point about just taking the scholarship, going to school, and living in married student housing. As for insurance, things may have changed in the century or two since I was in grad school, but the university where I went had the option of family coverage for grad students who were married and/or had kids. I'm sure it was more than I was paying as a single person, but from what I gathered from friends who were married and had kids while they were in grad school, it was still a pretty good deal. Of course, I'm not sure to what extent it was available to undergrads--perhaps grads who were T.A.s got access because they were employees of the school as well as students.

  4. #1054
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,003

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    I'd like to know Isiah's wife's view on what happened. I feel so sorry for her being completely away from her family. She really needs the support that his family doesn't supply. It's good that Isiah tries to support her as best he can, but it will never be like having her own family around.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #1055
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    6,525

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    OK Magazine is now reporting that earlier reports that Leah had been returned to Amber are untrue. They're saying she's still officially in Gary's custody and was "returned" to Amber only for a supervised visit. The article was dated December 1, so it's more recent than the other articles, and I certainly hope it's right.

    Apparently, the National Enquirer is also reporting that Amber has a serious drug habit, having been prescribed various drugs for depression and anxiety and then mixing those with other prescription drugs obtained illegally and drinking on top of that. Of course, that's the National Enquirer, which is hardly an accurate source of information, and honestly, I don't know how she could be doing all that and remaining upright for long, unless she's not doing it very often--and I'm not sure if that would be at all possible, as those drugs (and the alcohol) would be addictive.

  6. #1056
    FORT Fogey causingchaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,820

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4118656;
    Good point about just taking the scholarship, going to school, and living in married student housing. As for insurance, things may have changed in the century or two since I was in grad school, but the university where I went had the option of family coverage for grad students who were married and/or had kids. I'm sure it was more than I was paying as a single person, but from what I gathered from friends who were married and had kids while they were in grad school, it was still a pretty good deal. Of course, I'm not sure to what extent it was available to undergrads--perhaps grads who were T.A.s got access because they were employees of the school as well as students.
    From what I remember (with that uber expensive education I occasionally regret) you could get insurance through the college and you could get family coverage on it. It was mandated at the colleges I went to that the students had to carry some insurance. Many got the the college insurance which was very expensive (albeit a good plan) and tacked it on to their student loans.

    The more money minded in undergrad and grad either used their parent's insurance or they went on to the state insurance plans which was much more affordable.

  7. #1057
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    270

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    I definitely want to see Christinna on an upcoming season of "Teen Mom". Word on the internet is Christinna broke up with Isiah and moved back with her mom. He went on to college but flunked out and has not seen his child in weeks. They are also in the process of a divorce.

    First of all, I think Isiah didn't go to college because he wanted a reason not to go through with it. Also, it was some no-name college that I don't remember the name of -- not a school that could realistically lead to NFL dreams. His family was just using him because they were delusional about his dreams for NFL stardom; he would have been their meal ticket into a better life. Though grandma was rude, mean, nasty and inappropriate with the DNA test thing, Christinna also needs to be accountable for her actions and take the damn test. We've all seen Maury Povich -- it makes a woman look VERY bad if she refuses to take the test. Just prove the family wrong and move on!

  8. #1058
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,003

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    Isiah's (I hate it when people spell it like that!) family reminded me of a coven of witches. It didnt' look like any of those women had a man/life of their own, and they lived to stir up crap. Isiah's younger brother just looked confused at all of the chaos.

    Isiah could make the NFL from any school, if he has the talent. Many people walk-on, and are successful, but it requires a lot of self-discipline which Isiah did not appear to have. If you are OK on spending $300 for car speakers to "wake somebody up" when you have a baby on the way and you are not employed in a manner to support anything other than a goldfish....if even that....you are already behind in your maturity.

    Isiah strikes me as a man with family potential, if he'd get away from the crones, but he's still very young. His buddies were giving him fairly decent advice.....surprisingly!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #1059
    FORT Fogey buttahfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    i agree abt isiah not really wanting to go to college.

    i disagree abt the paternity test ... the father was not asking for it, the family was . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;4121000;
    First of all, I think Isiah didn't go to college because he wanted a reason not to go through with it. Also, it was some no-name college that I don't remember the name of -- not a school that could realistically lead to NFL dreams. His family was just using him because they were delusional about his dreams for NFL stardom; he would have been their meal ticket into a better life. Though grandma was rude, mean, nasty and inappropriate with the DNA test thing, Christinna also needs to be accountable for her actions and take the damn test. We've all seen Maury Povich -- it makes a woman look VERY bad if she refuses to take the test. Just prove the family wrong and move on!

  10. #1060
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,822

    Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

    I hope the story that Leah is NOT with Amber is true.

    When Isiah said that he didn't think it was a good idea to take the college scholarship, I knew that he was not likely to do well in college. Who in their right mind thinks college is a bad idea, especially when it's free! Free education for someone without money is good, no matter where it is. Without an education, he has little if any way to provide any meaningful support to his child. I got the impression he was using the baby as an excuse to not go too. Maybe he is lazy or lacks any motivation.

    The problem with blowing off the DNA test, is that those suspicious thoughts in the family will smolder for years as the baby grows up. The child doesn't need to grow up with that odd vibe from his dad's family. Get the the proof, so they can fully devote their time, energy and money to their grandchild, without rolling their eyes or whispering about who the baby resembles. Do it for the child.

    Your own pride plays no place when it comes to the baby's welfare. She needs to put that aside. What is Dr. PHil's saying? Do you want to be right or happy? Get the test and let it go. It doesn't matter who is right or wrong about asking for it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.