+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5559596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1210
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fogey

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117192;
    This is sad news Tilden. I hope Leah doesn't turn up as another statistic of children who are left with abusive parents and end up hurt or worse. The actions of CPS can be very odd. And like you said, a dirty house and no bed is the least of Amber's problems. CPS is on notice. They know or should know how dangerous that woman is. If Leah is harmed, they will be responsible. Why take such a foolish chance? Go figure.

Leah needs a guardian ad litem. She should have been appointed one in the investigation. I wonder what they have to say about this. They must be against her going back to be with Amber.
    Now that you mention it, I was under the impression that Leah did have a guardian ad litem--and as you said, I can't imagine that person being pleased with this turn of events, unless Amber has cleaned up more than her apartment.

I also really hope Gary still gets to see Leah on a regular basis, as she's clearly attached to him as well, and for all his faults, he seems to have more on the ball when it comes to Leah than Amber does.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by onmycell;4117239;
    I think the only thing Gary has going for him is that they are public figures (Small, but nonetheless). If Amber is getting dangerous with Leah and CPS does nothing about it initially, there will always probably be some interest in the storyline for years to come, and he can go to the media. And when I say "some interest", meaning even if it is five years from now, it is a good follow-up story for the town that they live in, where they are very well known by now, I'm sure. Remember, if it wasn't for MTV viewers continually calling and complaining, I doubt she would have been arrested. Sad to think of what could have happened to Leah and what undoubtedly happens to many children every day when there isn't a show there taping.....
    Given that Amber and Gary and Leah are now public figures way beyond their hometown and that everyone who's seen Teen Mom has seen Amber blow up and assault Gary, CPS needs to be very careful. After all, it was MTV viewers who flooded the cops with calls in the first place. I can't imagine some of them--beyond us--aren't following the story. I would imagine CPS really doesn't want the sort of negative publicity they would get if placing Leah with Amber turned out to be the sort of bad decision I'm afraid it might be.

Amber has admitted publicly to being in treatment for depression and anxiety, and Gary has said publicly that he's concerned about how she's handling her medications. Someone else here mentioned they saw a photograph of her drinking. Aside from the fact that she's 20 and thus can't drink legally, if she's mixing prescription drugs for depression/anxiety and alcohol...oh, vey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4117292;
    Given that Amber and Gary and Leah are now public figures way beyond their hometown and that everyone who's seen Teen Mom has seen Amber blow up and assault Gary, CPS needs to be very careful. After all, it was MTV viewers who flooded the cops with calls in the first place. I can't imagine some of them--beyond us--aren't following the story. I would imagine CPS really doesn't want the sort of negative publicity they would get if placing Leah with Amber turned out to be the sort of bad decision I'm afraid it might be.

Amber has admitted publicly to being in treatment for depression and anxiety, and Gary has said publicly that he's concerned about how she's handling her medications. Someone else here mentioned they saw a photograph of her drinking. Aside from the fact that she's 20 and thus can't drink legally, if she's mixing prescription drugs for depression/anxiety and alcohol...oh, vey.

I'm not sure if that photograph is on-line or not. It's in a Life and Style Magazine. It said that she and Gary got into a huge argument over Leah's birthday party and he ended up uninviting her. It's supposed to air on MTV. It said that Amber ended up giving Leah her own birthday party, without Gary. Not sure how true this is.

I do think that Gary is a victim in this as Leah is. It just so happens that Gary is stuck in the victim role. He can get out of it, but choses not to. IMO he and Amber also use arguing as a sport. THey fight so much it is just second nature to them. They both are too immature to realize that verbal sparring is not a sport. You don't pick fights and banter about little things over and over again. It seems to be a constant battle over if you do that, then I'll do this and if you won't do what I want then I won't do what you want......etc. It's so childish. It's also how you destroy the spirit in little kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117347;
    I'm not sure if that photograph is on-line or not. It's in a Life and Style Magazine. It said that she and Gary got into a huge argument over Leah's birthday party and he ended up uninviting her. It's supposed to air on MTV. It said that Amber ended up giving Leah her own birthday party, without Gary. Not sure how true this is.

I do think that Gary is a victim in this as Leah is. It just so happens that Gary is stuck in the victim role. He can get out of it, but choses not to. IMO he and Amber also use arguing as a sport. THey fight so much it is just second nature to them. They both are too immature to realize that verbal sparring is not a sport. You don't pick fights and banter about little things over and over again. It seems to be a constant battle over if you do that, then I'll do this and if you won't do what I want then I won't do what you want......etc. It's so childish. It's also how you destroy the spirit in little kids.
    Whether or not it's the same one as in Life & Style, I don't know, but there are several attached to this article: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Parties Hard Before Police Charges Filed | Radar Online
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;4117349;
    Whether or not it's the same one as in Life & Style, I don't know, but there are several attached to this article: EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: 'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood Parties Hard Before Police Charges Filed | Radar Online

Those ARE the same photos. I also found this video! He shows Amber dancing, laughing and saying she is drunk. She is singing to a song called I'm Not Your Boyfriend with lyrics that "Children learn from cigarettes burns, -------, fast cars and cheap women."
    'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood - Possibly Drunk, Totally Tone Deaf | TMZ.com

What is wrong with her? Why oh why would CPS put a child back with her? I'm really ticked about this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4117360;
    Those ARE the same photos. I also found this video! He shows Amber dancing, laughing and saying she is drunk. She is singing to a song called I'm Not Your Boyfriend with lyrics that "Children learn from cigarettes burns, -------, fast cars and cheap women."
    'Teen Mom' Amber Portwood - Possibly Drunk, Totally Tone Deaf | TMZ.com

What is wrong with her? Why oh why would CPS put a child back with her? I'm really ticked about this.

I think it's pretty obvious something is seriously wrong with Amber. The larger question is what is wrong with CPS that, despite a lot of videotaped and photographic evidence that is readily available, they figure that if the apartment is clean and there's a new bed, Amber's new house is a fine environment for Leah. It's not, because Amber is still in it. Someone who is concerned about regaining custody of her child and making a good home for her is not out drinking (while underage) and partying away to a song that suggests child abuse is an appropriate way to teach children.

I know it's been suggested that Amber was the victim of abuse herself, and if that's true, it's sad. But the cycle has to be broken for Leah's sake. A couple of weeks is not enough time for Amber to have completely turned around her attitude and gotten sufficient treatment for her anger/depression/anxiety issues. I'm sure she wants to be with Leah. I'm sure Leah misses her mommy. But long term, I can't see that it's not a better idea for Leah to remain with Gary, with supervised time with Amber, until Amber is able to resolve those issues which could potentially endanger Leah.

Amen Tilden. From your lips to God's ears. Let's hope somebody at that place get's a brain and steps in to help Leah. I really don't want to see some terrible headline of how Leah was terribly hurt because her mom was abusive or negligent after CPS put her BACK into her care even though mom was drunk, on meds and out of her mind with rage. There is just no need for it.

FORT Fan

16 and pregnant Family Furious with MTV

Here's a surprise, the family (mom) of Isiah are furious because MTV manipulated the scene, didnt show all of the 'facts' and Christinna had told them she had slept with one other man...

'16 and Pregnant' Family -- Furious With MTV | TMZ.com

wow, a reality show "manipulating" a storyline? shocking...

not

FORT Fogey

Apparently Amber now has an enormous (and not very attractive) tattoo of Leah's face amid some roses that takes up one entire side of her body from about her bustline to her waist.

I don't really know what else to say about that, except that perhaps she could have saved the money she spent on the tattoo and used it for something more beneficial to Leah herself.

Quote Originally Posted by angelmum3;4118549;
    16 and pregnant Family Furious with MTV

Here's a surprise, the family (mom) of Isiah are furious because MTV manipulated the scene, didnt show all of the 'facts' and Christinna had told them she had slept with one other man...

'16 and Pregnant' Family -- Furious With MTV | TMZ.com

wow, a reality show "manipulating" a storyline? shocking...

not
    I only saw part of the show, but when someone refuses a patenity test, it's a red flag IMO. There is no reason not to do it, is there? Why not quash any false rumors that the child is not your boyfriend's child.

Please tell me because I missed this part. Were the parents in that episode married? I"m referring to the one where the father had an athletic scholarship to college and turned it down because of the pregnancy.

+ Reply to Thread