+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 121 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1210
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

FORT Fan

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Quote Originally Posted by atlantasue1;4095077;
    I totally agree. Why would the parents allow the boy to move in in the first place? Basically they are condoning them having sex under their roof and expecting them to use protection every time. Not gonna happen with 16 year olds. The parents just seemed very naive. And I wonder where Cody's parents are in all of this? Why let him move out of their house? Strange.
    but but she told her Brook that she provided the condoms Under The Bathroom Sink! Doncha know that absolves her!!

FORT Fogey

I finally saw the Cody/Brooke episode and found the whole thing very sad. It scares me no end that Cody is so anti-reading and couldn't wait to quit school (and that he was being allowed to take tests three and four times--geez, at some point, enough is enough and the failing grade needs to stand; no wonder by the time kids get to college they're astonished that they can't just "make up" work when they don't do as well as they'd like the first time out). On the surface, anyway, Brooke seems brighter and more motivated than he does--at least she wants to finish school and is trying to figure out how they'll manage financially. Why was she with Cody anyway? Why do so many of these girls seem to be with guys who aren't as mature or smart as they are? Is it just the old "girls mature faster" thing? If so, why aren't the girls mature enough to insist on birth control (and/or smart enough to see when a guy's a loser)?

Oh, and I noticed the repeated requests by the track announcer to pray for the two of them, because they're going to need it too. I don't know who the announcer was, but he definitely seemed like he understood the situation better than anyone else. Those two are going to need a ton of help and prayer to make it.

Kind of off-topic, but was anyone else amazed by the pre-fab barn they were looking at? I've never lived on a farm, but I grew up in a rural area, and I never saw a barn like the model one they were looking at. Barns in the midwest look like barns--they don't generally have little porches etc. They're also a whole lot bigger than that. But really, why do they need to buy a house in the first place? Are there no rental properties in that area? A lot of young couples start out renting and own eventually, even if they do have kids.

FORT Fan

I agree that the pre fab barn was a bit different than I've seen, I have seen a lot of different price points for pre fab homes, but a barn?

I think if they can get a loan it would be better to put the $400 - $550 in a home rather than rent, but what happens if they dont make a payment? I agree with mom and dad trying to get them to stand on their own 2 feet, as well as giving them some help (because they sure did enable them/help them get in this position!) but I wonder if they arent also planning on using the MTV money?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4095324;
    Kind of off-topic, but was anyone else amazed by the pre-fab barn they were looking at? I've never lived on a farm, but I grew up in a rural area, and I never saw a barn like the model one they were looking at. Barns in the midwest look like barns--they don't generally have little porches etc. They're also a whole lot bigger than that. But really, why do they need to buy a house in the first place? Are there no rental properties in that area? A lot of young couples start out renting and own eventually, even if they do have kids.
    I thought they were AWESOME! And very reasonably priced either way, unfinished upstairs or completed! And then to realize your payment monthly would be around $400-500 a month and you OWE it. Awesome!
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All well and good until a tornado decides to blow through your area.....then it's off to Oz you go!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4096503;
    All well and good until a tornado decides to blow through your area.....then it's off to Oz you go!!
    True, but a tornado can take out anything it wants to, though as Johnny Fever said on WKRP, they must really love trailer parks, because mobile homes get so...mobile.

FORT Fogey

?

I think if they can get a loan it would be better to put the $400 - $550 in a home rather than rent, but what happens if they dont make a payment? I agree with mom and dad trying to get them to stand on their own 2 feet, as well as giving them some help (because they sure did enable them/help them get in this position!) but I wonder if they arent also planning on using the MTV money?[/QUOTE]

---Would a bank give a house loan to a couple that young with a baby, when only one of them is working, and at a minimum wage type job at that? Just their age alone would make them ineligible without parents co-signing, I would think (unless Cody is over eighteen--since he graduated early, he may or may not have had his eighteenth birthday yet).

And yeah, what happens if they miss a payment, which could easily happen, as their income isn't that great, and they probably don't have health insurance or much of a savings account? It's just very scary to see a couple so young married and trying to provide for a baby when they're clearly not ready financially (or emotionally, most likely) to do so.

Just watched tonights show and I couldnt believe what an immature father this guy is. For me, he tops Ryan (Maci).

FORT Fan

the girl seemed to be walking in a dream... I cant believe how fast she really grew up - and yet her mom insisting she be the first person to graduate high school - so she is seriously trying to fulfill that dream - then of course, she gets pregnant, loves the guy - but it seems clear that he is staying with her because he is on MTV! Seriously, not coming home, hanging with the guys and saying dont move in with your girlfriend...

How many were yelling at the tv for her to run far away from him? So very sad.

FORT Newbie

I agree!

I felt SO bad for Felicia after she had given birth and that deadbeat said he needed to go home and change because he 'stinks'. Then he never came back to at least bond with his new daughter...if not to see his girlfriend.

Or when he wanted to Felicia to hurry up and push...because labour was taking forever. What a loser.

I kept looking at the baby and feelng badly that she'll likely not really know her daddy. Sad.

+ Reply to Thread