+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 122 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Re: MTV's 16 and Pregnant

Our cable was out most of the night, so my daughter and I couldn't watch this episode. Will have to watch it when it comes on again.

Hearing about the special next week, I am just glad they aren't calling it "Afterbirth" :nono !!!

That episode last night had me in tears. That must be so hard to do what they did, but I do believe they made the right choice. I was worried for a minute that they might not go through with it. I did find it weird that Catelynn and Tyler's parents got married to each other. I wish Catelynn and Tyler the best.

^I admit, I was crying at the bracelet part as well-the Tiffany bracelet (at least it looked like Tiffany to me) is a tangible way to connect the three of them, and a great gift for her when she turns older. The baby is going to be very lucky because she not only has adoptive parents that love her to death, but she also has her biological parents as well.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by Trista;3583873;
    ^I admit, I was crying at the bracelet part as well-the Tiffany bracelet (at least it looked like Tiffany to me) is a tangible way to connect the three of them, and a great gift for her when she turns older. The baby is going to be very lucky because she not only has adoptive parents that love her to death, but she also has her biological parents as well.

it was wrenching....but IMO they made the best decision for them...that was not a stable home....& my heart goes out to them & I wish for them that every one of their dreams come true they deserve it
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

At the end of the episode, she did say that all of what went on made her and the BF a stronger unit, which is good. If anything, I feel it will give them more drive to get all of their ducks in a row-go to college, get jobs, and then maybe have a kid or two of their own in 10 years or so. They did what was best for all of them: the adoptive couple was able to have a baby of their own, after all their troubles trying to conceive. The baby will have parents who will be able to give her a good life, and Catelynn and her BF will be able to, as I said earlier, get their ducks in a row, so that when they do have kids in the future they can provide a stable environment.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

This episode was so emotional. My heart was breaking for Catelynn & Tyler. I cried through the entire episode! They really did act in the best interest of their child, instead of succumbing to family pressure. this episode showed that giving up a child for adoption is not the easiest choice, but that it is so loving & is done because the the birth parents had so much love for the child that they wanted her to have the very best, to have a more stable life than what either of them had. The kids were were definitely more mature & thoughtful than their parents, that's for sure! I also think it's fantastic that they will be able to keep in touch with the adoptive family so that they never have to wonder how their child is doing. That couple really did seem so kind & loving, & of course, appreciative for the sacrifice that Cate & Ty made.
    I wish these two kids the best, & I hope that they are able to achieve everything they want out of life.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

OMG I'm watching it right now and crying already once they decided on Theresa and Brandon

This was the first time I watched this show and I caught it at my mom's house. I was impressed with their ability to see the bigger picture and not just their immediate wants and needs. I hear girls all the time that I've worked with wanting to keep the babies because they want someone to love them or they think it will make the guy stick around or it's the trendy thing to do. All of which lands the baby in a bad position.

I had a moment where I didn't think they'd give the baby up either. And I was really upset at the parents in this episode. Their kids were taking responsibility for the wellbeing of their child and themselves. They wanted the best possible life for that baby and the parents were completely unsupportive and that's so sad. It just made me so mad watching that.

But the adoptive parents were wonderful and seeing the strength of the kids on their own working with the adoptive parents made it worth it.

The finale couple, Catelyn and Tyler, were the most bravest, mature couple out of the whole bunch who were protrayed on this show.
    My heart broke for them, but how selfless they were to consider that the best life they could give their daughter was adoption to a loving, stable couple. They did the right thing and I hope for only the best for them in the future.
    Catelyn's mother and Tyler's father made me so mad. I think they wanted Catelyn to keep the baby so they could get more welfare or something!
    I look forward to the reunion show so I can see what happened with the other five Mom's and see how they are doing now.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't help but wonder what it would be like to be an adoptive couple and having the birth couple in and out of your child's life at random times. How do you handle that? I could see you coming to a point where you'd want them to just go away and stay away.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread